Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Jedi Exile

1. Jedi Exile

Preview Swordhaven Pregander Video

Looks fun, thanks for the tip, Codex. Downloading demo now.
  2. Jedi Exile

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Visceral, right. Seems that the game made by other guys was cancelled because it wasn't visceral enough. And TSR wants to make things right, lol. Add 'visceral combat', and the game will sell well. Some speculation: in the cancelled game, we were going to play as a thinblood. Does it mean that...
  3. Jedi Exile

Game News Gothic Remake Welcome To The Old Camp Showcase Trailer

I repplayed the remake recently, it was cool. I am a not a Gothic fan though, so my perception could be different. As a standalone game it is certainly worth a shot.
  4. Jedi Exile

Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

I wanted to say that Josh looks really old in this video. Then I realised he recorded a 12 min video to discuss an article writeen by some dude on min-maxing in Baldur's Gate 3. Seems that Josh is still the massive nerd he probably was when he was 16.
  5. Jedi Exile

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 resurfaces, more to be revealed in September

If they are offering refunds, then game will probably never come out.
  6. Jedi Exile

Planescape Torment is boring

Actually, it has been years since I last replayed it. Maybe it is finally time for another go... Not like we will see anything like PLanescape: Torment in the near future. I mean, I liked Numenera's Torment (not a popular view here), but to me it is not 'a new PST', but a totally different...
  7. Jedi Exile

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Wow it was announced like 5 years ago and still no real info lol
  8. Jedi Exile

Sovereign Syndicate - isometric narrative RPG set in steampunk fantasy London

Looks linteresting. And there is a demo available on Steam.
  9. Jedi Exile

KickStarter Stoneshard - open world roguelike RPG - now available on Early Access

I'd forgive them for this, because what they had released so far is very good and there is enough stuff to do. I haven't killed the troll yet.
  10. Jedi Exile

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

So this is not cancelled yet. I am surprised. Also, is it an XBOX exclusive? If so, let it die in peace.
  11. Jedi Exile

Is there any value in allowing characters to walk rather than run in an isometric RPG?

I think it is mostly cosmetic, but it is also tied with how you prefer to play. If you like slow exploration, talking to everyone, looking into every container, it is good to have an option to walk. Running around is just... it doesn't feel good. If you want to finish the game ASAP, then you...
  12. Jedi Exile

Can modern gamers get into old crpg's?

I think a true gamer can play anything - if the gameplay is good. I was able to get into really old games which were way before my time and are considered classics now. Because these were good games, after playing a while, you do not notice anymore that graphics is outdated etc. and just...
  13. Jedi Exile

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Well, I like this game. I am not a AD&D nerd though, so can't speak for them lol. But original BGs and IWD series are among my favourite games and I played them a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom