Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds 2 on GamersGate

Bruticis

I see Two Worlds 2 is out and on GamersGate now. Anyone try it yet and have some impressions?

Bruticis

Crispy imported it from Amazon.de as I recall so I don't think he has it yet.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Will have to wait more for Codexian impressions then, but so far it has two 90% and 91% reviews from kraut websites, and first's one better score was 81 so looks like they might've improved it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Game is supposedly being released this friday in Finland. I'll try to post impressions sometime during the weekend, but I'm gonna be rather busy so I don't know if I'll have much time to play.

Raapys

Arcane
pocahaunted said:
Are people actually expecting this not to suck? I thought the first one was supposed to be one of the crappiest games ever. :o
It did suck a bit less with each patch though. From what the developers have said, and the reviews(however credible), it does seem like it has been improved pretty much across the board. Definitely going to try it out.

Micmu

Magister
And unsurprisingly, Xbox version is already pirated and available in "digital distribution".

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Hobo Elf said:
Game is supposedly being released this friday in Finland. I'll try to post impressions sometime during the weekend, but I'm gonna be rather busy so I don't know if I'll have much time to play.

Yeah I might get a copy thursday already, but hopefully a full demo release will be out sooner so I can give it a try before that.

Gwendo

Augur
What a disapointment! The game is AWFUL!

It looks like an alpha version. Animations are BAD and unsynchronized (gestures are completely random, not matching what is being said or what would be a normal body language). Voice acting laughable. Gameplay very rough, crude.

And game design/story? Just an example:

We want to cross a bridge, but the orc mage can't do it, because some whatever-the-name is interfering with his magic, so he asks my help (all this in an ingame cut-scene). He asks if I know how to use a magic staff, my character replies automaticaly (with a voice that is completely inapropriate to his looks) that yes but that he might be rusty. So the mage asks me to stay still a moment... and a loading screen appears... and then we're in a little dungeon, for a little tutorial.

I mean... Urgh!

Sometimes the game looks nice, at least the outside, with it's lighting effects and vegetation. But that's only in certain conditions and angles... I mean, this is one of those games that look nice in screenshots but in motion it's a different matter.

This game has managed to give me a much worse first impressiong than ArcaniA.

DefJam101

Arcane
The first one is pretty bad. Open world combat is kinda okay, but the character progression, quests, factions, dialog, and general layout of the world, towns and cities are all horrible. You get no sense of what the fuck is going on no matter how long you play. It's just stilted dialog and nameless, generic people in cities whose names you can't remember and the game just really isn't that good.

Even on hard mode the loot system is terrible. Feels like an MMO, and past a certain, surprisingly low level every single piece of armor is ultra epicxx mythical shining pauldrons obsidian black knight +17

2W2 may be an excellent hack n' slash game, though. The first game hinted at awesomeness but failed in a few key areas; fix those and you're golden.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
DefJam101 said:
2W2 may be an excellent hack n' slash game, though. The first game hinted at awesomeness but failed in a few key areas; fix those and you're golden.

FWIW that was exactly the impression I got from all the previews and prerelease info, but I don't want to come off sounding like a fanboy.

Hoping Gwendo's just trolling or full of shit.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hobo Elf said:

Doncha dare abandon your LP of that pretentious french gamie, you elffaggit!! It hasn't been updated in a while already. :rpgcodex:

Gwendo

Augur
I can say that the first Two Worlds was much more enjoyable. The story and dialogues were bland, the world completely forgetable... But the gameplay was nice and addictive. It was a competent game.

This one is a mess, although I have to play some more for a definitive opinion.

Yeah, i didn't like Risen, but that's a matter of taste. TW2 fails in many aspects, including technical and design's. But its amateurish look and feel is the most concerning.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Crooked Bee said:
Hobo Elf said:

Doncha dare abandon your LP of that pretentious french gamie, you elffaggit!! It hasn't been updated in a while already. :rpgcodex:

I didn't abandon it. I played the game a bit more and almost had a mental break down due to the shitty combat encounters the game was flooding me with. The plot was picking up something fierce, and then suddenly I got these terrifyingly bad combat encounters. Encounter after encounter. I needed a rest.
:x

Edit: Actually I think I might e-mail the devs and tell them to fucking drop the redundant RPG mechanics and combat. They aren't fun nor good. All they do is break the flow. I'd rather just be able to concentrate on the story.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The idea of Arcania being better than anything strikes me as laughable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom