Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds 2 on GamersGate

jaylittle

Scholar
Shit if I had known Gamers Gate would have it... I wouldn't have paid to import it from amazon.de. Oh well. Better hurry up and wait I suppose. Still despite a troll here and there - it sounds like the game will meet my expectations and then some. After the mess that was Arcania 4 (which I paid full price for), that will be a nice change of pace. Though to be fair I just finished New Vegas and it was pretty good as well. So if TW2 is good, then all in all it wasn't a bad couple months for RPGs. 2 out of 3 isn't so bad...

A user named cat

ffffffforsooth.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'll wait on the boxed version in the US. By then it will be patched probably, and I like boxes anyway. With New Vegas playthrough 2, Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance and Arcania (lulz) I've got plenty of RPG for the rest of the year.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So is it good or bad? I am divided and waiting to acquire for Codexian opinions. Dont really have time right now to check it out myself so guys help.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Fuck me, did I mention this game looks sweet? Well that was before I stepped outside the first dungeon/castle.

I switched from tripple screen to single as my center screen is a 120hz/3D job and now @ 1920x1080 + max settings and 100+ FPS, it's silky smooth and fucking gorgeous. Also, my frame rate dropped dramaticlly outdoors in surround mode. Still playable @ 30-40FPS, so I might return to it.

I managed to break the tutorial though, instead of following the path straight out of the starter dungeon, I strolled down to the beach (couldn't resist, it looked so nice) and bypassed the 3 orcs I apparently was supposed to practise my sneak attack on - made it to the portal I was supposed to find and it wouldn't activate. Had to reaload a previous save to realise I was still in the tutorial and had to follow instructions. :x

Interface/UI is a consolised POS though - hopefully some mod will fix that. Combat, stealth, magic etc. seems pretty fun and similar to the first game.

But golly gosh, the beautiful game world (that I've seen so far), has made me desperate to go exploring - from what I've read, the game world is absolutely massive with lots of variety too, so can't wait.... this might be the best looking 3D game I've seen (sans the bloom).

:love:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO MAYBE THE BEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IF YOU WILL LIKE IT IS IF YOU THINK DIABLO OR DIABLO2 WOULD BE COOL WITH OPEN WORLD EXPLORATION MINIMAL C AND C BUT WAY WAY WORSE PRODUCTION VALUES

Gwendo

Augur
I'll try that "edition", to see if there are any differences to the X360 version.

Mortmal

Arcane
Crispy said:
Gwendo said:
X360 version

Oh Jesus Christ.
No worry ill give my impressions soon, downloading it atm. Oh and btw carefull with the pirate bay version i remember two worlds torrent was watched and they sent letters to the filthy pirates ;).

Gwendo

Augur
I've played the same section in the PC version, and I keep my opinion.

How could they miss the horrible animations, like gesturing after talking, or keep moving the lips and arms after the voice stops? Or the part where the female talks to us in the stairs, after the encounter with her friends, where they look they want to flap and fly away with their arms (if it's a bug, it's in both X360 and PC versions).

Or how the voices sound like they are reading? Or closed in a studio, not in game? Or how the stealth kills are so loud that there's no way the guards 2 meters aside wouldn't listen? Or after running by mistake, he hears me, unsheates the sword but then runs to the body (passing by me as I fail to hit him)? Or in the middle of combat, the enemy can just turn their backs to us?

Or how we set an (quite slow) avalanche, but the creatures down there don't notice nothing as they are crushed, as I hear a deafening sound and the screen shakes with the earthquake?

Or in a dungeon, when the guards are after us and almost catching, a cut-scene triggers where we are urged to lock-pick a door as the guards are near (but they just disappeared with the cut-scene and if I wait, they don't come)?

And the blinding bloom? Oblivion's was classy, compared to this one.

At least, the graphics aren't horrible, some outdoors look great, but... There's so many "cons" and little "pros"...

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Dude, try playing the game a little more outside of the beginning dungeon. Stop giving us all these disjointed comments about things that can possibly be accounted for according to taste. Many of the comments from other people that also have the game already are positive regarding the very things you're complaining about, and you have yet to convey anything substantial.

So the voice acting's not perfect. We knew that going in. Is it any better than in TW1?

You think the animations are bad. Give us some examples. Actual combat animations or just the gesturing during conversations?

How is the balance of combat? The difficulty?

How is the quest structuring (not sure if you already commented about this)? An avalanche? That sounds pretty fricking cool to me.

The only real thing I've gotten out of you so far that I can chew on is that you think the graphics are pretty.

Gwendo

Augur
When I say animations, I'm not refering only to dialogues, but in general, including combat. For example, it's very frequent the enemies just slide like on ice. And once you start an animation, there's no way to stop it. FOr example, an enemy starts a combo, I avoid it, and there he goes the full combo in the air. ANd then stops with his back to me, as if not seeing me anymore means I'm not there.

Combat, in normal difficulty, it's easy. Tap quickly your left mouse button, and the enemy won't be able to hit you, unless you miss, as it doesn't lock completely. ANd what if the enemy is though at defence stances? Then follow teh tutorial's recomendation: hit more and stronger.

But as I said, I'll play a bit more. See how the game evolves, but if I don't find anything redeeming, I can't see myself wasting any more time with it.

I'm tempted to purchase Two Worlds 2, though I am not too sure about Gamersgate.

Can anybody give me any information about their service and how it works?

Gwendo

Augur
Stereotypical Villain said:
I'm tempted to purchase Two Worlds 2, though I am not too sure about Gamersgate.

When you buy the game, they'll give you a serial number and you can download a small file that will download and install the full game.

You can at any time re-download your games. The serial number info is there too.

If you don't "reveal" the serial number, you can offer the game to someone you want as a gift.

Gwendo said:
When you buy the game, they'll give you a serial number and you can download a small file that will download and install the full game.

You can at any time re-download your games. The serial number info is there too.

If you don't "reveal" the serial number, you can offer the game to someone you want as a gift.

Oh, well that's a pretty nice service. Being able to gift your games away after having used them is a plus too.

Thank you, Gwendo.

Gwendo

Augur
Crispy said:
That's a little better, Gwendo. Thank you.

Can you comment a little about character creation at all?

It's only cosmetic, but that was expected. No character classes or skills or whatever. Nothing remarkable.

You can just press the "random" button as much as you want, or customize different body and hair features. Or should I say tweak? If you press the random button many times, you'll the the final results won't vary very much, besides the obvious skin colour and facial hair (and 10 hair styles).

Bruticis

I've used GamersGate for a long time and it's my "favorite" of the digital distribution services. Some people complain that you can't back your files up and are forced to download the game again but that's not really correct. There's a bit of cheat you can use to grab the files during the install process if google it.

Gwendo

Augur
Gwendo said:

Oh, well that's a pretty nice service. Being able to gift your games away after having used them is a plus too.

Thank you, Gwendo.

I think I wasn't clear enough. You can only give the games you didn't use. After you "reveal" the serial number (you have to press a button to see the serial, in the site), the game can't be given.

Achilles

Arcane
I don' t think you need a cheat to keep the downloaded files from Gamersgate. For every game I've bought from there, right after the installation you are asked if you want to keep the downloaded files or delete them. And yeah, it's a fine service.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Stop with the shitty trolling.

First 10 minute impressions:

The animations are fine, no worse than most other RPG's. Voice acting is mixed, some good some average, none shit like in the first one. Not a single 'mayhap' or 'forsooth' either. Gameplay seems smoother than the first, more like Gothic/Risen, and the skill system is pretty cool so far. Looks nice and silky smooth.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've played a few hours now. I bought Two Worlds (the original one) from GoG and played it for an hour before alt-f4 and never playing it again. However this game is much better.

Pretty linear and boring in the start but it opens up later with optional quests and off-the-road exploration. A little too easy, but I did die once by running into high level Orcs - but that's a good thing. No level scaling afaik?

I'm playing my character as a spellcaster and I like the create-your-own-spells system. My Hitler Bolt (yes, you can name your spells) is mighty powerful, but not against mobs with high frost resistance.
Combat is pretty fun. For the best experience you might want to go a dual build with something ranged (bow/magic) and melee. But I read somewhere that there's no skill cap and that you could eventually max all abilities? So I dunno.

The game looks good. Nice colors and atmosphere. However the bloom can be fucking disgusting at times and I don't know how to turn it off. Overall a smooth experienced with a well-optimized engine and animations slightly better than Morrowind.

Music is pleasant. Nothing extraordinary but I think it's better than the average fantasy music.

Story is shit and quests are the standard fare. Dialog is shit but better than the first one. Voice acting is shit but charming in that cheap budget way.

Probably the second best RPG of the year but it's not like there has been a tough competition.

Recommended. At least for people who like shit like Gothic etc. :thumbsup:
EDIT: OH and lots and lots of tits. Seriously the first thing you'll see, the first shot of the first cutscene, guess what... boooooooooobs! :bounce:

Ruprekt

Scholar
What's with the releasing english versions in non-english speaking countries months before the US/AUS/UK release?

First drakensang, now this. Are the publishers stupid or sumfin?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom