Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of WASD-like control 3D RPG games (single player)

cesm23

Novice
it's useless everyone only thinks about trooling and bullying others... just read the rest of the pages after page 1-2. I have quit.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Fable was innovashun incarnate, especially farting was a lot of fun and was sadly lacking from so-called oldschool RPGs. ( I mean how can you be oldschool if you can't even fart)

cesm23

Novice
yeah indeed no wonder why i bolded it's name :) That's one of the games that "marked" me and i WILL play it again later, just like all others i have put in bold. Don't forget to tell me more games with these type of controls that aren't on the list yet, that's why i made the post :)

Double Ogre

Scholar
Yeah, man, I hear ya. Fable was the best motherfucking RPG of 2004. So innovative, so deep. The role-playing possibilities were endless.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
OgreOgre said:
Yeah, man, I hear ya. Fable was the best motherfucking RPG of 2004. So innovative, so deep. The role-playing possibilities were endless.

Please do not forget the farting possibilities.

Double Ogre

Scholar
I would also recommend Mass Effect. It's a great RPG that offers an intricate and open-ended experience with visceral FPS combat that makes you really feel the role you've been given. Although, I fear that the dialogs may be a bit overwhelming (the game gives you way too many choices) for new RPG players and may put you off the game. However, the game's a blast once you get into it.

cesm23

Novice
hum... nice ! I absolutly like spoken dialog in the cutscenes (specially cutscenes in real time, not fmv), according to youtube videos this almost seems like a fps, so i will probably ilke this one too, adding it to the list right away, thanks

Baksheesh

Novice
Try Vampire: The Masquerade. Its available on Steam and you should update it with the latest unofficial patch (you should find a link to it somewhere on the codex).

If you don't mind old-ish graphics, you should also buy the original Deus Ex, you will need to patch it for modern resolutions but it is another great RPG/FPS/Stealther hybrid.

I think you will be blown away by both these games.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I humbly want to emphasize however intricate and open-ended Mass Effect might be - it suffers from a severe lack of farts. Yes that's right - you can't do it in Mass Effect and that years after Fable showed how to do it right.
You also can't kick chicken - OK it's a Scifi RPG, so maybe they should have introduced kicking space chicken or something.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You should try Fallout 3. It's a perfect blend of RPG replayability and moral ambiguity and FPS mechanics, and it will also definitely satisfy your hunger for quality and quantity of dialogues (ALL of which have voice-overs done by real damn professionals).

cesm23

Novice
Baksheesh said:
Try Vampire: The Masquerade. Its available on Steam and you should update it with the latest unofficial patch (you should find a link to it somewhere on the codex).

If you don't mind old-ish graphics, you should also buy the original Deus Ex, you will need to patch it for modern resolutions but it is another great RPG/FPS/Stealther hybrid.

I think you will be blown away by both these games.

Yeah now i rememeber i already had vampire masquerade in a older list i made, i will add it to this one as well good choice.
No of course i don't mind old-ish graphics, take the ultima IX example that one is from 1998 i don't mind old-ish graphics as long as the levels are in full 3D it's ok!

About deus ex i already got that game in the past, but i don't think i liked it much... you see i am more into medieval, magic/psychic powers orfantasy-themed games (as long as isn't much childish or kid oriented) and my favorite games in bold all fit those types. Altough of course there might be exceptions, like mass effect i will see when i play it later.

cesm23

Novice
Darth Roxor said:
You should try Fallout 3. It's a perfect blend of RPG replayability and moral ambiguity and FPS mechanics, and it will also definitely satisfy your hunger for quality and quantity of dialogues (ALL of which have voice-overs done by real damn professionals).

Oh yeah i also forgot that one on the list! I got the game a few days ago and it was indeed great ! in fact i was about to include it there but i now saw your reply :)

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I see what you're doing here, boys. Very nice of you.

Seriously though, you should try Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines. Attention, I'm talking about VtM:Bloodlines, not VtM:Redemption.
Daggerfall and Morrowind are great games (for very deifferent reasons) but don't even think of talking about Oblivion here. The game's nearly as despised as jews or niggers. And it deserves its treatment.
If you like first person hack&slash, two worlds, once fully patched, can be somehow pleasing too.
Also Strife (through dosbox emulation) is a pretty good aventure/FPS that RPGCodex generously opened to my attention.

Then, welcome on the Codex, are you a tranny yet or are you still questionning your sexual identity?

Malachi

Liturgist
cesm23 said:
About deus ex i already got that game in the past, but i don't think i liked it much...

I totally see your point -- who would like something with a name like "Deus Ex" anyway? Definitely *not* a game for someone of your high standards.

Plus, no farts in that one, either!

cesm23

Novice
I see what you're doing here, boys. Very nice of you.

Seriously though, you should try Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines. Attention, I'm talking about VtM:Bloodlines, not VtM:Redemption.
Daggerfall and Morrowind are great games (for very deifferent reasons) but don't even think of talking about Oblivion here. The game's nearly as despised as jews or niggers. And it deserves its treatment.
If you like first person hack&slash, two worlds, once fully patched, can be somehow pleasing too.

Yeah this kind of lists isn't something i frequently found in google that's why i have to start make topics like this in gaming forums, because it's always a bit of troubling finding non-point and click rpgs these days.

Also Strife (through dosbox emulation) is a pretty good aventure/FPS that RPGCodex generously opened to my attention.
Hum... i think i remember that name i think i tried it several years ago, even tough i am using windows 7 rc i got Blood running in a dosbox so strife should work was well.

Then, welcome on the Codex, are you a tranny yet or are you still questionning your sexual identity?
Well even tough now understand and speak english quite well (english isn't my native language), i still don't understand the meaning of some expressions, what you mean by this ?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Oh, oh, how about Jade Empire? It's got a compelling and mature story, innovative gameplay, and immersive cutscenes (fully voice-acted, natch) if you don't mind slightly dated graphics. Its roleplaying potential can't quite match that of Fable, but it's a fair contender and I sincerely think you should give it a solid try.

cesm23

Novice
Hum... i just saw a video of it on youtube and indeed it seems to fit what i am looking for, adding this one to the list since i didn't knew this one before, thanks!

cesm23

Novice
Malachi said:
cesm23 said:
About deus ex i already got that game in the past, but i don't think i liked it much...

I totally see your point -- who would like something with a name like "Deus Ex" anyway? Definitely *not* a game for someone of your high standards.

Lol it's not because of the name of course.

Plus, no farts in that one, either!

Lool you really like farts in games right ? You should look out gta1, carmageddon2, so far i think these two have that "ability" too even tough in carma2 they only appear in a powerup sound effect :) Also in the postal series maybe there is too i don't remember well.

edit : wow Two worlds as i seen in a video on youtube seems GREAT ! It immediatly reminded me of ultima 9 and gothic as well :) And Daggerfall reminded me of ultima underworld, which is great too and no i don't mind those old-ish graphics as long the levels are in 3D.

Krokar

Scholar
OMG I can't belive no one mentioned Oblivion! Awesome, awesome game. It has everything you would expact from good RPG: great graphics, immersive gameworld, deep story, better AI then any other game... And you can always download new mods like horse armor, new spells ect. AAA class RPG.

cesm23

Novice
Krokar said:
OMG I can't belive no one mentioned Oblivion! Awesome, awesome game. It has everything you would expact from good RPG: great graphics, immersive gameworld, deep story, better AI then any other game... And you can always download new mods like horse armor, new spells ect. AAA class RPG.

Well maybe because... it's on the list from the start ? This topic is mainly for discussion of games that aren't on the list yet so that me and people that also like "wasd-like control" games also know all games that exists like this, EVEN if they are oldish graphics or are games that most people criticize or say that suck. For example ultima 9 i have seen a lot of bad reviews about it, but it was still one of the best games of this type i have played so i can't go only for the peoples oppinions for the best games.

But still yes oblivion for what i have seen i will like it for sure as well,but usually it's best to reply here about games that aren't on the list yet, unless it's to revail possible problems with the ones in the list, for example, any of them not having wasd control, not running on vista/windows7, etc.

cesm23

Novice
LOOL and i was thinking that most people here would only like point and click rpgs :) i really hope the list continues growing and growing, unfortunately there isn't a section of the forum for adventure only games as well, or is it ? I am still new here i just registered today... I would like to make a topic about adventure games too like this one as well,l but i don't know if this forum as a section fitted for that, i had a quick look and i think it doesn't have.

Krokar

Scholar
cesm23 said:
Well maybe because... it's on the list from the start ?

OK sry then, I just wanted to be helpful. There's really no need for such a harsh answer! Just so you know, I will report you to admins next time if you wont change your behaviour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom