Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Second Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion

Arem

Scholar
is hopefully coming out this year (you can find it in the atari audit)
Titles we plan to release during the next fiscal year of 2008-2009:the opus in the company's Alone In The Dark franchise, for XBox 360, Wii, Playstation 2 and PC, Legendary PS3, Xbox 360, PC - Airborne Rangers PS3, Xbox 360, PC - NeverWinter Night 2 Expansion Pack2 PC - Alone In The Dark PS3, Panoramix Brain Trainer NDS - Hogs of War 2, NDS, WII, PS2, PC - Astérix aux Jeux Olympiques Xbox 360 - Lucky Luke: Daltons NDS - My Horse & Me 2 NDS, WII, PC, PS2, X360 ...

MetalCraze

Arcane
hmm. so... if they will make it - a new story? because continuing the old one will be stupid and... there are no level ups left.

also... if Obsidian will continue their winning tradition of going the old-school MotB way - they will become my love and heros of my wet dreams

doctor_kaz

Scholar
Good news.

I hope that this won't be an "epic level" adventure. I was so disappointed that they didn't start MoTB from level 1. D&D gets progressively worse as a role-playing system once you get past about level 10. That's the one thing that has kept me from playing the expansion pack yet.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
doctor_kaz said:
I hope that this won't be an "epic level" adventure. I was so disappointed that they didn't start MoTB from level 1. D&D gets progressively worse as a role-playing system once you get past about level 10. That's the one thing that has kept me from playing the expansion pack yet.

I hope the exact opposite.
Playing low level characters is extremely boring for me.
I finally want to have epic battles, not redundant ones....

But I would also be fine with something "between":

A good solution would be one like in BG2, where you started at a higher level between 5 and 10.
This would eliminate those annoying first levels where you die to everything that moves or are confronted with ridiculously easy and boring tasks every farmer could do (kill those evil goblins...), just to speed up your progress so that you can finally do something interesting.

Hopefully Obsidian didn't listen to the sillies who couldn't understand the spirit meter and moaned about actually *gasp* losing experience to satiate the hunger. An RPG with some semblance of challenge would be wonderful. And keep the choices and consequences and the lack of the fantasy cliches as well. A second Mask of the Betrayer would be nice. Very nice in fact.

D&D gets progressively worse as a role-playing system once you get past about level 10. That's the one thing that has kept me from playing the expansion pack yet.

You'll be pleased to hear that MotB deals with epic levels in an utterly atrocious manner.

LEVEL 23 GNOLLS GO

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
cardtrick said:
It would definitely be Obsidian making this, right?
Most certainly. Expansion Packs introduce tons of new content, and creating it requires a much more professional team than a bunch of amateur modders who use the existing resources to make Adventure Packs.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
thesheeep said:
doctor_kaz said:

I hope the exact opposite.
Playing low level characters is extremely boring for me.
I finally want to have epic battles, not redundant ones....

The problem here is that D&D doesn't support epic battles very well. Or at least no developer has ever done a good job with them. The numbers simply get bigger, and the game of rock-paper-scissors with saving throws/spell resistances becomes a bigger factor. Also, as the levels go higher, the rounds go by faster and faster and that makes the shitty RTwP even harder to control.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey, I considered encounters in Pools of Darkness versus 20 Black Dragons and 20 Beholders at once fun. :colbert:

Ausir

Arcane
Lestat said:
cardtrick said:
It would definitely be Obsidian making this, right?
Most certainly. Expansion Packs introduce tons of new content, and creating it requires a much more professional team than a bunch of amateur modders who use the existing resources to make Adventure Packs.

Dunno, NWN1 premium modules (e.g. Kingmaker or Wyvern Crown of Cormyr) introduced quite a lot of additional content (like ridable horses) and were made by outside contractors.

Starwars

Arcane
And just by looking at it, I'd say that Purgatorio is introducing more additional content than MotB did. And Purgatorio is gonna be free.

Anyways, it wouldn't suprise me if it turned out to be Mysteries of Westgate. But it did say somewhere that the2008 fiscal year begins in April which seems to be a rather late date to release MoW (though I wouldn't be surprised if it was further delayed to be honest).
But am really hoping it's another expansion pack.

cardtrick

Arbiter
I don't actually know whether I'd rather have Obsidian or Rogue Dao do it . . . I trust both of them, oddly enough.

AlanC9

Liturgist
doctor_kaz said:
Also, as the levels go higher, the rounds go by faster and faster and that makes the shitty RTwP even harder to control.

Huh? Attacks per round cap at level 20, while HP doesn't. Damage per attack increases a little, so t's pretty much a wash.

fastpunk

Arbiter
This is great! I must admit that I'm actually having doubts about who's doing this expansion. I most definitely want Obsidian to do it but until it's official... well, you never know. Anyway, my biggest hope is that they include some other story-driven game mechanic to spice-up gameplay, because I doubt that the spirit-eater will make it in this expansion. And of course, I can't wait to see the story on this baby!

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Well I guess the proverbial cat is out of the bag now.

How in the world is anything supposed to stay sekrit on the intart00b.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
will it be low, mid or high lvl adventure?

ricolikesrice

Arcane
Starwars said:
And just by looking at it, I'd say that Purgatorio is introducing more additional content than MotB did. And Purgatorio is gonna be free.

exactly. MOTB was a great campaign, but in terms of additional content.... i found it a little lacking tbh, but maybe i m just greedy ...

anyways, i hope a 2nd NWN2 expansion not only brings a great campaign of MOTB quality but also fixes some flaws of the core game.

combat for example, would go a long way if they added more animations to it, so it looks alot less static. or the "dance of the death" from NWN1 (the only major thing i think NWN 1 did better than 2.... though i know some people hated it) reintroduced.

and if they could fix some gameplay elements to boot (like crafting beeing hilariously overpowered.... ) that d be ace too.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Anthony Davis said:
Well I guess the proverbial cat is out of the bag now.
If it's not "teh ironi" it means second expansion by Obsidian. Good news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom