Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Second Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion

AlanC9

Liturgist
Azarkon said:
What's silly is that while MoTB's story was more dependent on the "JNPCs" as you call them, you didn't actually have to take any of them beyond the initial dungeon, and half of them could be killed when you first meet them (Okku & Kaelyn comes to mind). .

And 100% of them are killable at some point.

Making companions unresurrectable wouldn't work in a D&D game. Not only is resurrection part of the setting (even if it's incoherently applied), there are too many save-or-die abilities kicking around. Unless the plan is to just have players reload when that happens, but if that's what's going on then the companions are effectively immortal anyway.

Gromnir, you're not really making a case for making the MotB companions auto-rez. Not only does the design not require them for anything, but there's no reason why the player couldn't raise them using magical means in game. Resources are plentiful, and two of the companions can raise people with their own abilities.

Auto-resurrect makes a lot of sense in a low-level game, though, since you can't dice up new pregenerated characters and you shouldn't have the resources for resurrection until mid-career.

Warden

Arbiter
Jasede said:
Walkin' Dude isn't stupid.

I don't know about that. :)
But I'm sure The Walkin' Dude isn't stupid either.

So many anuses here. I don't understand all the cheap insults.. unprovoked. But, if it makes you feel better, people... who am I to judge.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am not insulting anyone. I am just saying that, judging from his posts, The Walkin' Dude has trouble with expressing himself or with thinking. Insulting others won't make me feel better. You can't feel better than I already do, see?

Warden

Arbiter
Jasede said:
I am not insulting anyone. I am just saying that, judging from his posts, The Walkin' Dude has trouble with expressing himself or with thinking. Insulting others won't make me feel better. You can't feel better than I already do, see?

I don't know who, between us two, feels better.. But you said he's stupid - not that he "has trouble with expressing himself or with thinking." You're bitter at him for some reason, because he's clearly not stupid.

END OF LINE. :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Your reasoning powers are superior and I have no choice but to bow to your judgment.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I wasn't admitting defeat. TWD is retarded and has two tags to prove it. His comments are mostly worthless which would be acceptable if he actually knew a ton about RPGs. I am sick and tired of people being stupid. I don't mind if they're abusive to me - that's okay, I am used to that - but please don't be stupid, it's painful to read.

Warden

Arbiter
Jasede said:
I wasn't admitting defeat. TWD is retarded and has two tags to prove it. His comments are mostly worthless which would be acceptable if he actually knew a ton about RPGs. I am sick and tired of people being stupid. I don't mind if they're abusive to me - that's okay, I am used to that - but please don't be stupid, it's painful to read.

Then aren't you at least twice more stupid if your read things you deem stupid? Doesn't an ignore button exist?

Please, just calm down, I care for you. I think you're different from idiots like... ok, won't mention names. And I think you can be better than them! Mkey?

Am I stupid too by your standards? :puppy eyes:

Andhaira

Arcane
lol. this is looking to becoming another wardenian epic thread. how ya been SWEEETY!!! :D

Do cats still eat mice whole?

Warden

Arbiter
Andhaira said:
lol. this is looking to becoming another wardenian epic thread. how ya been SWEEETY!!! :D

Do cats still eat mice whole?

Epic!! Yeah baby.
I'll eat you whole if you don't behave. It won't be difficult to eat a fly, don't you agree?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
There were subtle hints of the jungles of Chult in MotB, just like there were subtle hints of Rasheman in NWN2 OC. I think it's feasible.

I'm a little concerned about the sheer numbers of yuan-ti we may have to wade through though, but I guess that's a consequence of us whitey adventurers invading their homeland.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Crispy said:
There were subtle hints of the jungles of Chult in MotB, just like there were subtle hints of Rasheman in NWN2 OC. I think it's feasible.

I'm a little concerned about the sheer numbers of yuan-ti we may have to wade through though, but I guess that's a consequence of us whitey adventurers invading their homeland.

I noticed the hints of Chult as well, It only goes to assume it will take place there.

I personally would love to see at least maybe a jungle temple tileset and serpents and or serpent placeables would be ideal for me.

It *would* be nice if the NX3 (Chult) module would be a 1 to 20 lev adventure, so then we could maybe get NX4 Mask of the Chult Betrayer! :D

I'm a little concerned about the sheer numbers of yuan-ti we may have to wade through though

It's Icewind Dale 2 all over again! I would much prefer other Chult residents though....like dinosaurs. Who else wants to down some Tyrannosaurus packs with a meteor swarm screaming "Extinction event all over motherfuckers!"?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I have trouble imagining anything more epic than slicing through swarms of T-rexes.

Andhaira

Arcane
Play KOTOR, you slce through swarms of rancors!

Warden you duckhead. Don't you stop posting here!

Warden

Arbiter
Andhaira said:
And then lestat showed up...and made our dicks happy. :D

Andhaira (motherfucker betrayer) they don't love us. What shall we do? :cry:
Isn't it a terrible thing when kids in a kindergarten.. ahm, on an interent forum decide to isolate you? Is it the end of our worlds as we know them? :cry:

Will we be brave enough and continue on our rightful path?
I have an idea what should be our next battle - we should ask the forum administration to remove the ignore button - nobody should be able to avoid our divine light!
Combined - 15 weak people are scared of us and decided to close their little eyes in front of us. But you know.. when this number reaches 1 million they could beat us (separately). I'm a bit worried..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom