Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play NWN 2 (Renegade Edition)

Nael

Arcane
Midget Hillary Clinton is your only hope.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Vibalist said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Radisshu said:
Pussycat669 said:
You mean in that quest where you have to save a merchant before he is killed by the queen of thieves (whatever her name was)? That was definitely Chapter 1.
Yeah, that piece of shit. It felt like it was only put together to add more content to the game, it could have just as well been a single room with an encounter with Moire (or whatever her name was) and a few options (bargain, diplomacy, fighting, etc). I mean I like certain parts of the OC, but that was just atrocious.
Incidentally, it was also probably the hardest part in the game with those ninja hordes.

And ironically, Moire herself was one of the easiest encounters in the game. Way weaker than her own henchmen.
Indeed. When I looked at the AB the ninja hordes had, goddamn. They had more levels than the party could possibly have at that point.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
0_Map.jpg

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'We've been searching for hours now. Why do we stop here, at this graveyard, in the middle of nowhere?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Remember when the Commander said that we're likely searching for dead men? What better place than here?'

PR_Khelgar.jpg
(distracted)
'If it's the dead we're looking for then we certainly came to the right place.'

1_Graveyard1.jpg

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'So, where do you want to start? The zombie over there looks like he could've been a guard. Anything that gets us to the hacking and slashing as soon as possible.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Do we really. really. really need to go in there?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'It's just a bunch of rotting corpses. We can both easily outsmart and outrun them if that's even really necessary. No need to worry.'

2_Graveyard2.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Outch!'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Hate to say it but those undead are maybe more than we're asking for.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg
(steps into the crypts)
'I said no worries.'

A few minutes later

3_Graveyard3.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'They're all around us!'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'So maybe I've been underestimating the situation. Let's fight our way back outside and make some recalculation.'

4_Graveyard4.jpg

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'For crying out loud lass, use your sword already!'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Still was worth a try.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I ain't feeling so good.'

They eventually find their way back to the surface.

PR_Neeshka.jpg
(in great pain)
'Ungh.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Her wounds are ulcerating. That's looking bad.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Don't be so melodramatic.'

5_Graveyard5.jpg

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'We need to get her to a priest and fast.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Forget it. The next priest is at Fort Locke. We would loose a whole day if we turn back now. I'm not wasting time because of such little ailments.'

One day later.

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Ok, we're back. But this time it's final. No running away anymore.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Oh, now look who is talking. You haven't been the one who had to drag you and that tiefling all the way back to the fort.'

He's about to rant a bit more as they make a gruesome discovery. A member of the patrol lies dead in one of the tombs.

6_Graveyard6.jpg

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Looks like we got here too late for this one. At least he died fighting.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'"At least he died fighting?" What, is that supposed to be reassuring? Dead is dead, and I doubt he's any happier that he died with a sword in his hands.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'What would you know about an honorable death? The only death you can hope for is a rogue's death, so don't blame me if you can't understand.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg
(looting)
'I think she has a point there though.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 1 point(s) toward Chaotic.*

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'It's good that at least our leader has the sense to make up for the fact that you have none, Khelgar.'

*Influence gained with Neeshka: 1*

PR_Khelgar.jpg
(turns away)
'Bah. Less talking with the two of you, the better.'

*Influence lost with Khelgar: -1*

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'We need to keep looking for the rest of the patrol, see who we can find.'

They soon stumble into a sanctuary where an obviously evil priest awaits them.

7_TestGraveyard7.jpg

He yells some strange invocations.

8_TestGraveyard8.jpg

Dark Priest
'Attack, my children. Let us add their corpses to our army.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'That priest is mine. Keep those undead occupied, Khelgar.'

Rebecca attacks the priest as indicated. They fight fiercely as their weapons suddenly get caught up into each other.

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You know, I think I just found a little flaw in your master plan.'

Dark Priest:
'And what would that be, unworthy flesh?'

9_Graveyard9.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'That.'

Without a master to sustain their dreadful unlifes, the dead crumble before the three adventurers. Only the living remains.

10_Graveyard10.jpg

Commander:
'It's a miracle you came along. I was certain I'd be joining the corpses down here soon enough.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You must be that other Commander of Fort Locke.'

Commander:
'Yes, yes I am. Did my Lieutenant send you to find me? He must be gloating right now. He warned me not to send another patrol until we received reinforcements from Neverwinter.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'He sent me to find out what happened to the patrols.'

Commander:
'It's a good thing that he did. I have much to report, and the men need to be prepared to deal with the new threat.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'New threat?'

Commander:
'The necromancer you just killed interrogated me thoroughly on the strengths and weaknesses of Fort Locke. Troop numbers, defense strategies, the experience of the men.
He must have been planning to attack using the undead he was raising.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'We better get out of here.'

Commander:
'I was separated from my men as we fought our way in. Some may still be down here.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I've found one of your men dead during my search. About 6'5 feet tall, black hair and one of his eyes was missing.'

Commander:
'That would have been Garret. A great loss indeed but losing a man is never easy.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I was going to investigate the rest of these crypts anyways. If some of them are still alive, we'll find them.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 1 point(s) toward Good.*

*Commander (
PR_Commander.jpg
) has joined the party*

They manage to rescue all the remaining guards and eventually escape the crypts.

11_Map2.jpg

However, their return is not unexpected.

12_FortLockeReturn.jpg

False Commander:
'Commander. It's good to see you alive and well. I'm sure you'll have a report ready once you return to the fort.'

PR_Commander.jpg

'That I will, Lieutenant. We have much to discuss. Assemble the officers. I'll be with them shortly.'

False Commander: (dramatic gesture)
'You will report directly to me, and I shall brief the officers. I'm relieving you of duty.'

PR_Commander.jpg

'What's gotten into you? I've given you your orders. Now carry them out.'

False Commander:
'I am the commander of Fort Locke now. You will brief me and then return to your quarters, or I will have you arrested for insubordination.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I think I will let the two of you argue it out.'

False Commander:
'I'm not about to let this garrison fall apart again because of the apparent incompetence of my predecessor.
The loss of three patrols was a direct result of your failure to prepare the men properly. You are unfit for command.'

PR_Commander.jpg

'The men were prepared as they could possibly be, Lieutenant. If you have an issue, you can bring it up with my superiors. This is not the way to handle it.'

False Commander:
'I've heard enough. Men! Arrest him! If he resists, use any force necessary to subdue him.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Try to "subdue" us all you want but we're striking to kill.'

False Commander:
'Is that so? Well, then, I will be sad to report that you all died while resisting arrest.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Are you a fool? If maybe all you were facing was the Commander, the odds might be even.
But you're dealing with a Harborman soldier, a battle-hardened dwarf of the Ironfist clan and a demon... with a shorter temper than most.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'And a longer, more attractive tail than most.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'So before you do something foolish and attack us, I just want you to know it won't be long before we're burying your corpses in the graveyard we just left.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Couldn't have said that better myself.'

False Commander:
'You're the fool! These men would die for me, and gladly!'

His followers mutter in discontent.

PR_Commander.jpg

'You've much to learn about command, Lieutenant. Training the men is one thing. Leading them is something entirely different.
Guards, arrest him. We'll deal with this back at the fort.'

False Commander:
'You would dare arrest the son of House Anton?! You're all going to regret this. It's not over.'

PR_Commander.jpg

'I think it is. And threatening a superior officer... well, I think you know how well Neverwinter looks upon traitors since the Luskan War (re-enact in Neverwinter Nights 1, available at every store of your convenience. Buy now!), don't you?'

The False Commander is taken away.

PR_Commander.jpg

'We better get back to the fort. Thank you again for all what you've done for me this day.'

*Commander has left the party*

There is much rejoicing when the men see their Commander return and a celebration is in order. As the next morning dawns, Rebecca says her goodbyes to her former companion.

Commander:
'Greetings friends, I've already spoken with Marshal Cormick. The patrols to West Harbor will resume right away. I can't believe that the Lieutenant allowed security to deteriorate like this.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Say, how long are you going to leave him hanging there?'

13_HangMan.jpg

Commander:
'Until I get tired of seeing his swinging corpse. The traitor got better than what he deserved with a hanging. Although I maybe shouldn't have delayed his trial until after the drinking contest last night. Not exactly a pleasant sight, is it?
Corporal! Cut that filth down and bury him away from this fort! And make sure that his grave is marked!'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'That's very lawful of you.'

Commander:
'Be as it may, I'm still worried about the necromancer. This fort is guarding the only road that leads in and out of the Mere and it has withstood a lot in its times, even a demonic invasion. That's why I don't understand what that fiend was up to.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You think he found a weakness?'

Commander:
'Maybe. I've ordered my sergeants to make a full review of our defenses.
As I said, this fort's stood for generations. I don't want to be the commander who finally lost it.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I'm certain that you will handle the situation. Farewell, commander.'

A more relieved Cormick is waiting for them at the gates.

Cormick:
'Congratulations! The Commander is back, the impostor is taken care of, and it looks like the patrols will be starting again soon. Not bad, not bad at all.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'It certainly has cost me enough of my precious time.'

Cormick:
'You seem to have a knack for solving problems. I could use someone like you.
If you should ever visit Neverwinter, stop by the guard barracks in case you find yourself looking for work. Good men and women are always needed there.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I will consider the offer but for now we got to keep moving. I'm afraid trouble is going to catch up with me soon.'

*Your party is ambushed on their way to Highcliff*

14_Map3.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'See? I knew it.'

15_Ambush1.jpg

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'This is getting tiresome, lass. What's so important about that blasted shard that has them chasing us all over Faerûn?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I wish I knew the answer.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Ah, take your time. At least the fights come to us.'

Bladeling:
'Hand the shard over now, or we will take it from your corpse.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'And here I though we were off for a good start.'

Bladeling:
'Fool. I shall enjoy killing you.'

16_Ambush2.jpg

Rebecca's stalker is revealed and some serious sickle action ensues.

Minions: (fleeing)
'Mercy!'

Too late, tendrils shoot out of the ground, grappling and strangling them slowly to death.

With the imminent threat removed from sight, the Stalker turns to Rebecca and her companions.

17_ElfTalk.jpg

Stalker:
'Forgive me, but I saw these.. things about to attack you. I found I could not stand by while you were ambushed - again.
I'd like to help, if I could. I've been trying to follow you without interfering, but I don't think you'll reach your destination without someone who knows the land.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Maybe you'd better explain why you're following me first.'

Stalker:
'I'm Elanee. And rather than shadow you, I would walk with you.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'With a frame like that, you'd most likely be blown by the wind.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Now, now, no need to be jealous, barrel-house.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Of an elf? And a tree-worshipper on top of that? Ha!'

Elanee:
'I think you will find "tree-worshippers" a rare thing these days, dwarf, so do not use that word lightly.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Trust me, with a gut like his, Khelgar doesn't do anything lightly.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You still haven't told me why you were following me.'

Elanee:
'It's a strange circle of who follows who on this road - at first, I was following those who attacked you.
But they seem to be following you, which leads me to believe that there's something you have... something they want, so... I thought that the enemy of my enemy would at least welcome some company on their destination - and with my help, even get there faster.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'We've been doing fine on the road so far.'

Elanee:
'Well, I come bearing a gift, not just words. I know of a quicker path to Highcliff, and one that will hide your trails as well.
There is a druid sanctuary not far from here, the Maiden's Glade, where members of my Circle would go for refuge when traveling the land.
I can lead you there, and with no further attacks from these hunters of yours. Not that you can't handle yourself, but I'm sure you're growing as tired of these attacks as I am.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I wouldn't call the two attacks so far tiresome by any means. If you think we need your help, you're wrong.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Agreed, we've been doing fine without your help. You're mistaken, sorry.'

Elanee:
'Am I? It doesn't take a sage to see where you're bound - these beasts will keep finding you again and again.
Take the path I suggest, only a "tree-worshipper" would know, and perhaps you will throw them off the scent long enough to be safe inside your city walls.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'If you put it like that, then fine.'

*Some gay flute music*

*Elanee (
PR_Elanee.jpg
) has forced herself into the party*

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Wh-what the hells is this? First, the demon, now this willow-thin slip of an elf?
Let's invite all of the realms! Make a grand army, tromping through the wilderness! "Enemies, come get us! Here we arrrre!"'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'We will not be tromping through the wilderness, we will be weaving through it like the wind.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'And speaking of wind, shut your mouth, Khelgar - before your breath summons more of those creatures.
Besides, wouldn't you rather have our new friend right here where we can see her, rather than behind us the whole way?'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'As for the way… if the sun and trail lead true, you are bound to Neverwinter. Seeking safety behind walls, are you?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'We're off to visit some relatives of mine.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Indeed? The more distant relatives they are, the better, in my experience.
Let's be on our way. Follow... the Maiden's Glade is not far.'

These events have created more mysteries than they resolved. Who is this Elanee really and what are her intentions? Is Rebecca running from one ambush into another?

Find all the answers in: RISE of the LIZARDMEN

Pussycat669

Liturgist
I didn't even know the word. So no, it’s just an attempt to make something sound exciting with the power of sensationalism.

Black

Arcane
Just to be sure, you're going to play through Motb once you finish OC, rite?

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Rite. Speaking of which, is it just me or do monks rather suck in MotB? Admitted I didn't play long enough to get out of the spirit cave but from what I've seen I was far from impressed. Completely different from ToEE where monks pretty much dominated from level 10 onwards.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I never knew there was that option with the hanging traitor in the Fort Locke area. Interesting.

Keep up the good work. Though I just realized, since you are female, you will have the gawd awful opportunity to romance Casivir, which I doubt you will heh. MOAR!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Pussycat669 said:
What do you mean? Isn't Vallis always hanged when you return to Fort Locke?
Nope if you do the Rescue him FIRST, then do the GOOD option, you fight/Kill him. No hanging scene. I am quite surprised in the amount of C&C that IS present in the OC. :shock:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
What do you MEAN, Pussycat? Monks are the most awesome stuff in MotB especially with Sacred Fist prestige class (for which you need one level of cleric). Combined with the fast movement feat, your monk will be so fast, enemies won't even have time to react to you and will be dead before they raise their weapons.

Speed is key in real-time combat.

Radisshu

Prophet
I played through the game as a cleric/chosen of whatever deity/sacred fist with no monk levels whatsoever. The character kind of sucked, and playing an unarmed unmonk was kind of difficult, but it felt badass.

Nael

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Pussycat669 said:
What do you mean? Isn't Vallis always hanged when you return to Fort Locke?
Nope if you do the Rescue him FIRST, then do the GOOD option, you fight/Kill him. No hanging scene. I am quite surprised in the amount of C&C that IS present in the OC. :shock:

I have played thru the OC about 5 times now (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment) and I still have yet to get either one of the commanders to hang. It always ends up in a fight for me one way or another, but no hanging :(

Pussycat669

Liturgist
0_Map.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'This is a long way from the road... are you sure you know where you are going?'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Agreed. How much farther to this place?'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Not far... for we are already here.
This is Eridis... the "Maiden's Glade" in the tongue of Harbormen.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Let's save the lore for another time and keep moving.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Very well, then. The animals here should keep us safe fr...'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Uh, you mean those animals?'

Some raging wolves burst out of the woodwork.

1_BearTrouble1.jpg

None of them pose a serious danger to the travelers and are lastly dispelled.

PR_Elanee.jpg

'The animals here are frightened... and I know not why. There is usually at least one druid in the glade, and they should be aware of the beats... and us.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Well, I say we avoid any wolves or anything trying to kill us.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'I say we fight them - they attack us, we attack them. 'Sides, could use new boots.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'If any animals come at me again, I'll kick them down.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'I'm with you on that.'

*Influence gained with Khelgar: 1*

Rebecca is soon to discover that the wolves that were able to flee have been killed by an unknown party.

2_BearTrouble2.jpg

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Whatever is wrong must be here in the glade... I thought the Circle of the Mere would be aware of any disturbance here, but now it seems the task must fall to us.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Why? Let's just go. I'm done stomping through these groves and animals... and letting her pick the trails.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Elanee's right, we should see what's wrong.'

*Influence gained with Elanee: 1*

PR_Elanee.jpg

'You have my thanks. I would hate for whatever pursues us to be at our back.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Exactly, speaking of which, look out!'

3_BearTrouble3.jpg

Their initial terror before this wall of muscles and furry turns into bafflement as the bear suddenly tries to speak.

4_BearTrouble4.jpg

PR_Elanee.jpg
(horrified)
'Kaleil?'

Bear:
'I... I... came here, came here to try and find you, Elanee, to try and escape the Mere... to seek refuge here... '

PR_Elanee.jpg

'The Mere? What is wrong?'

Bear:
'The Mere, it speaks with different voice now... and its waters, once clear to the Circle, are now dark... and run deep, so deep...
Vashnee and the others... they are lost.
Only you remain... I thought I could find you, or Naevan... but what claims the Mere overtook me... clouded my vision with shadows and blood... trapped me in this form to slowly perish...
Do not return to the Mere, Elanee... do not, or you shall fall to its corruption as I did.'

*Bear dies for no apparent reasons*

PR_Elanee.jpg

'I... Kaleil, he's... dead. It was he who caused such unrest here... and why the animals attacked us.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Would you please stop those overdone "..." pauses and explain to me what that Circle is you kept on jabbering about?'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Yes... the Circle of the Mere...'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I told you to stop it.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'The girl is in a shock. Leave her be.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'I... I have been away for some time.
Kaleil and I are part... were part... of the Circle of Merdelain, the Mere of Dead Men. If the elders, if Vashne is lost... and Naevan is lost... '

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Great, I hope she doesn't start crying too.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'I have been away too long. But this would explain why I could not feel the Circle any longer... and as for the land...'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'That was one dot too much for me. I'm out of here.'

PR_Elanee.jpg
(recollects herself)
'But we should press on. I promised to lead you to Highcliff... and to safety, and so far, this path has proved longer than I wish.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg
(from a distance)
'You're coming then or what?'

5_NMap2.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Highcliff, at last. And look, there are the docks. That Captain Flinn my father was talking about can't be far away.'

6_HighcliffArrival1.jpg

They hear a loud bang from off shore.

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I just hope it's not his ship over there.'

7_HighcliffArrival2.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Looks like our journey will be delayed, again. Keep moving, we must find the Captain.'

The dockworkers direct them to a nearby pub where they immediately get riled up by more Thugs upon arrival.

8_HighcliffBrawl.jpg

Thugs:
'Well now, what is this? A traveling Circus?
Seems like there's the making a joke in you four... a dwarf, tree-worshipper, demon, and a swamp smelling Harborwoman walk into a tavern...'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Well, now, we may have walked in, but seems to me someone's about to go flying out.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You all do realize that we are standing outside the tavern, right? Anyways, you meatheads are in for a lesson, eh Khelgar?'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Now we're talking my language. Come on, let's see how these fools like taking an early nap.'

*Influence gained with Khelgar: 2*

PR_Elanee.jpg

'There is no reason to fight. This is ridiculous.'

*Influence lost with Elanee: -1*

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Too late now, we made the mistake of letting Khelgar opening his mouth.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'How often does this happen?'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Trust me, things were slowing down a bit before we came here but now it's about back to normal.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Whose kidney is this?'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Maybe he's just hanging around with the wrong role models.'

Another Thugs bites the dust.

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Now then, that was a fine bit of sport, wasn't it?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'It was good to release some steam, I confess.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Of course it was! We make a good fighting team!'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'We didn't need to fight, Khelgar. Next time, rein it in. It's hard to steal from someone when they think you're going to attack them.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'If we're done making more enemies, let's move on.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Moving on is a sound plan.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Fine. I say we try and find another tavern. There's bound to be drunks needing a punch or two.'

One of the tavern's patrons leaves the establishment to throw up and stand around with an empty gaze.

9_CaptainFlinn.jpg

Drunk:
'If you don't mind, I'm trying to drown my sorrow here.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I was told to seek out a Captain Flinn here at Highcliff. Is that you?'

Drunk:
'Captain of a ship that can't sail, that's me.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Good, we need you to get us to Neverwinter.'

Captain:
'I'd be happy to grant you passage, but as you can see we're all stuck here for now.
No ships in or out of Highcliff, on the account of the attacks from lizardfolk.
What the hells they're doing this far north is beyond me, but they're certainly causing enough trouble.
I've already had to repair my ship twice now but each time they punch another hole in the hull without so much as a sound! Which means I've got a shipload of cargo rotting here at the docks until this mess is sorted out.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Any idea from where they are coming from?'

Captain:
'I don't know. If I did you can bet I'd be telling the village elder to go after them.
The old man doesn't want to risk the village though, so here I am... still.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You just stay here. I'll have this sorted out in no time.'

Rebecca seeks out the town elder for more information, only to find him in an unpleasant debate with a mad Housewife.

10_ElderBrawl.jpg

Elder:
'I'm doing the best that I can, but we can't risk exploring the outskirts at this time.'

Housewife:
'But where else could William have gone, Elder? You must do something.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'What seems to be the problem here?'

Housewife:
'See? Even a complete stranger is able to muster more compassion than you do.'

Elder:
'It's no concern of yours.'

Housewife:
'My husband disappeared two days ago. He was heading outside the village to gather some stones to expand our home - a foolish thing to do with the attacks going on.
It just must have been the lizardfolk. But this man here refuses to send out a rescue party to save him.'

Elder:
'I won't let anyone risk their lives as long as we don't know anything for certain.'

Housewife:
'See?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'It's all right. I'll do anything I can to rescue him.'

Housewife:
'Oh thank you! I don't want my child growing up without her father... even if William does have his weaknesses, he's better than nothing.'

Reassured that situation will be handled, the Housewife finally leaves.

Elder:
'Thank you for getting her off my back.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You were lucky that she believed me. I want to gain passage on a ship to Neverwinter.'

Elder:
'Sadly, that's impossible right now. Every one of our ships has been damaged - none are safe for sea travel at the moment.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I already heard about the lizardfolk. How do I stop their attacks?'

Elder:
'As I said, I don't like sending anyone into danger but maybe you could be of great help in these matters.
You certainly travel with interesting companions, so I suspect you are quiet capable of handling yourself.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Hey! What's that supposed to mean?'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'I think we've just been insulted.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Just take it as a compliment, you two.'

Elder:
'I did not mean it as an insult. In fact, I assume that you are all quiet remarkable individuals to be able to get past the typical prejudices and band together.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Oh. Well, that's all right then.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Let's keep our minds on the task at hand. Where could we begin our search for the lizards?'

Elder:
'The lizardfolk have been concentrating their attacks on the farms outside the village and the only farmer left is Shandra - she's too stubborn to leave her home, even with the attacks. You should start there.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'That is sufficiently vague to be important. We'll look into it right away.'

But as it is often the case with quick departures, the travelers are intercepted just before they can get past the city walls. An oddly familiar looking Couple starts a conversation with them.

11_DesperateParents.jpg

Couple:
'Gera, look who it is. Ilmater has answered our prayers.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Do we know each other?'

Couple:
'You probably don't remember us. You saved our lives back at the Weeping Willow.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Could be, I can hardly recall anything what happened that night.'

Couple:
'We don't want to impose but we could use your help again. We... we could pay you.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I'm listening.'

Couple:
'Our children are missing. They were forbidden to leave the village but they slipped away without us noticing. It is hard to keep an eye on them all the time with all the troubles about.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I see. If I find anything outside I'll let you know.'

Couple:
'Thank you! We're both so worried. With the attack on our ships and William disappearing, we've been at wit's end. Anything could have happened to them. We will await your return.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Why are we wasting our time looking for two kids? We have more important things to do.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Then it's a good thing that you're not making the decisions, isn't it, tiefling?'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Don't start with me again, dwarf.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I've made up my mind, all right?'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Gee, no need to be so mad about it.'

*Influence lost with Neeshka: -1*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Was I? I though that this was supposed to be the reasonable dialogue option.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I'm sticking with you, even if I do think it's a dumb idea.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'I, for one, approve. The Mere is not an easy place for children, and suspect the wilds of Highcliff are no better.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I just hope there is some gold in this for us. My purse isn't as full as I'd like it to be.'

So Rebecca leaves the arguable safety of Highcliff to the nearby farmlands.

12_NMap3.jpg

They reach a small farm only a stone's throw away from the village. It appears abandoned.

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Hnh. Looks like this is the place, but where's -'

The door to the hut opens.

13_FarmerGirl1.jpg

Farmer:
'Whoever you are, you look a little too important to be wandering out here on your own bothering the common folk.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I'll say. We've gone too far out of your way already.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Not too far for a fight, I hope.'

Farmer:
'Maybe you all better tell me what you're doing here. There's been too many visitors lately, and I really don't have the patience for it anymore.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'We don't have time to waste either. We're here to help against the lizardfolk, so tell us what we need to know, and we'll be on our way.'

Farmer:
'Fine. I think the lizards are striking from the ruins nearby - it's probably not their main lair, but it might be a staging camp.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'What ruins are you talking about?'

Farmer: (points to a nearby hill)
'The ruins up there are of Highcliff Castle, destroyed in a war some time ago. Lots of magic was thrown around, even talk that demons and devils were summoned and fought each other.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I though I felt something. It's in the ground beneath my feet, traces of it, anyway.'

Farmer:
'There's lots from the war still buried around here. Some farmers can't take a plow to their fields without turning over an old weapon or two, but that's not what got me worried.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'What do you mean?'

Farmer:
'Well, I suspect that there's a reason that place was never rebuilt; it's always had a strange history. Everyone in Highcliff knows to leave it alone.
And there's more than lizardfolk troubles nowadays - at least from the tales coming from the southern road, don't know if you've heard.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Most likely, but please go on.'

Farmer:
'There have been sightings of forms walking in graveyards, strange shadows... some of it could be just local drunks talking, sure, but I've heard tales from merchants as far south as Fort Locke.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Are there any graveyards around here?'

Farmer:
'Plenty, but no marked ones - so many battles were fought here, if the dead decided to walk, there'd be an army in no time. That huge gravesite near Fort Locke, that's one of the smaller ones from the war.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I think that's enough foreshadowing for anyone to grasp.
Anything else you can tell us about the area?'

14_FarmerGirl2.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'We were talking about lizardfolk, weren't we?'

Farmer:
'Oh, right. Speaking of which, I better get back to keeping watch, before-'

15_FarmerGirl3.jpg

Farmer:
'My barn! And the harvest...'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Quickly, maybe we ca-'

*Psht*

16_FarmerGirl4.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

‘Wow that was quick.'

Farmer:
'I let my guard down for a second - and they were waiting for it. Waiting until I got distracted.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Look, you're not safe here - you should head to Highcliff.'

Farmer:
'And I'll be safe in Highcliff? Where no ship can leave because the lizardfolk are destroying them?
This... this farm is all I have, and now that my harvest is gone and with winter coming...
Look, if you're going to help, do it - I'm tired of Neverwinter, and Fort Locke, and the militia and the elder and all of them promising to help us out and nothing ever happening.
Just once - just this once - if you can actually do something for Highcliff, for the farmers here, it'd be long past overdue.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I have no idea why I bothered to listen through all your rant. So yeah, I'll help.'

17_NMap4.jpg

Rebecca and her companions make their way up the hill towards the castle.

PR_Elanee.jpg

'I can see a fire over there. It could be an advanced post of the lizardfolk.'

To Rebecca's great disappointment it turns out to be a dull campsite.

18_Runaway.jpg

Camper:
'Who are you? How did you find me?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Pardon me?'

Camper:
'My wife sent you, didn't she? I should have known she wouldn't give up easily.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Wha.. Oh, I remember! The missing husband back in Highcliff?'

Camper:
'I just couldn't take it anymore. The farming, the child, never any time for myself. She wouldn't even let me spend a few evenings at the Blue Rooster. I decided to start a new life elsewhere. For now, this clearing will do.
How about you tell my wife that you've found me dead? Killed by bears or something.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Running away isn't the solution for anything.'

Camper:
'I disagree. You haven't spent the last 10 years with the woman I was cursed to call my wife.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'With wolves and lizardfolk out here, you'll be lucky to survive another night.'

Camper:
'Your concern is touching, but I've survived this long. I think I can manage.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Very well then but you'll need to make this worth my while.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 1 point(s) toward Evil.*

Camper: (hesitant)
'I was hoping to use this gold for a fresh start, but I suppose making sure my wife stays away is a bit more important right now.'

He hands over a fat pouch of gold.

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'She won't hear a word from my lips.'

Camper:
'Good. Now that we've come to an agreement, I'll wish you farewell and safe travels. I need to get this camp in better shape.'

The Camper is left behind and the ascent continues. Elanee yet again spots something strange going on in the woods.

PR_Elanee.jpg

'What are all these wolves doing up there?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'It's the kids! Team! To the rescue!'

19_KidsRescue.jpg

The children remain unharmed, naturally.

Kidz:
'Th-th-thanks for helping us stranger.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Are either of you hurt?'

Kidz:
'N-n-no. You're going to yell at us are you?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'No. Why did you two come out here?'

Kidz:
'Well, Da' was tellin' us stories about someone he met in the Mere an' how they fought off a thousand lizardmen and evil dwarves an' stuff.
I didn't sound that hard, so we came out here and to look for some so we could fight them too.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'He was exaggerating a bit, I think.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'I don't know, lass. Maybe not a thousand, but we ce-'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Shhh!'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Ow! What was that for?'

Kidz:
'But Da said he saw it with his own eyes!'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Believe me, I was there and nothing happened. He's just telling you stories to amuse you, so don't do anything like this again.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 1 point(s) toward Chaotic Good.*

Kidz:
'Da wouldn't lie, he always tells the truth. You're the one who's lying.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Believe anything you want. Now scram!'

The Kidz run away with tears in their eyes. They are almost at the castle now.

PR_Elanee.jpg

'You're pretty good at handling children.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'No, only the retarded ones. It's the smart kids you got to look out for.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Bah. On the off-chance that I get tired of cracking skulls - I'll need to find a comely dwarven wench and make me a whole clan of Ironfists.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I really don't want to hear this - especially anything about comely dwarven wenches.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'So says the girl with horns and a tail. Don't be judging by dwarven woman too harshly, what they lack in stature, they make up for in spirit.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Hush you two. We've almost reached our destination. Now all we got to do is break in, kill some lizards, find their main lair and be on our merry way.'

There’s fighting going on in the courtyard. A lonely lizardman is trying to hold his ground against amassing zombie hordes. He’s wounded and losing.

20_LizardTalk1.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Ok, it looks like things just gotten a little bit more complicated.'

TO BE CONTINUED

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Wyrmlord said:
What do you MEAN, Pussycat? Monks are the most awesome stuff in MotB especially with Sacred Fist prestige class (for which you need one level of cleric). Combined with the fast movement feat, your monk will be so fast, enemies won't even have time to react to you and will be dead before they raise their weapons.

Speed is key in real-time combat.

The monk was fairly good against earth elementals but horribly ineffective against ghost wolves, the air elemental and those flying sword things. Maybe he was that way because I didn’t put any ranks in spot though.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Previously on Let's play NWN 2:

*Cut to black and white flashback*

FF:
'I need you to go to the city of Neverwinter. Find Captain Flinn in the small coast town Highcliff. He'll help you.'

*Cut to Captain Flinn throwing up*

Captain:
'No ship enters, no ship leaves as long as the lizardfolk attacks don't seize.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Where can I find those lizardmen?'

*Cut to random fight scene with Rebecca vs. lizardfolk {Would be nice if we could include the sound of breaking bones here}*

Captain:
'As long the City Elder isn't willing to act, nothing will happen.'

*Cut to close up of City Elder slowly fading out as he speaks*

Elder:
'I won't put anyone into danger as long as we don't know what we're dealing with.'

Farmer:
'Just once, just this once I want something happening.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I promise.'

*Cut to castle front*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Alright team, this is it. Let's waste those snakes!'

20_LizardTalk1.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Or, not?'

Back to Rebecca and the crucial decision at hand. Either helping the lizard and hope that something good can come of it or simply kill them all. Since the lizard is immortal however and the zombies the only attackable faction, there isn't so much choice as initially thought.

21_LizardTalk2.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'What are you doing here?'

Slaan:
'Slaan leads clan here to sink human boats. Dead ones attack Slaan's warriors.
Slaan escape. Slaan must ask chief for more warriors to fight.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'So your clan is responsible for the troubles in Highcliff?'

Slaan:
'Yes. Human invades our lands, hunt us. Human needs to be stopped!'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Sounds very tragic. Say, if I help you save your clansmen, will you take me to your chief?'

Slaan:
'How can Slaan trust you? You might attack chief.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I haven't killed you yet, have I?'

Slaan:
'Slaan believe you. Help save Slaan's clan, and Slaan take you to chief.'

*Slaan (
PR_Slaan.jpg
) has joined the party*

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Hope you know what you're doing, lass. Letting him go is one thing, but fighting side by side with lizards?'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Hmph. Don't let dwarven suspicions bother you, Rebecca. I trust you.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I know what I'm doing. Where are your clansmen, Slaan?'

PR_Slaan.jpg

'Dead ones have Slaan's men trapped deep below.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Let's get this show on the road then.'

They battle their way into the castle's catacombs and find an important looking door.

22_EvilTalk.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'It's one of those Shadow Priests again.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'He looks distracted. Let's get him!'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Wait, listen. There are forces here unseen.'

Dark Priest:
'Master of the Fifth Tower, you grace me with your presence.'

PR_GariusUnknown.jpg

'Yes, I'm certain. The raising of the army and the attacks on Fort Locke... how do they proceed?'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Now?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'No, not yet.'

Dark Priest:
'There have been complications, milord. One of our disciples near Fort Locke has been slain.
It shall not affect our plans at the Fort, nor the raising of our troops.
Our power runs strong here... the war our master pursued here so long ago still fuels our magic. Our enemies shall not prevail.'

PR_GariusUnknown.jpg

'As long as Neverwinter is occupied, then you have served me... and through me, your master.'

Dark Priest:
'We are all in the service of the King of Shadows, Lord Garius. Sometimes we forget he is all around us, and there are no ranks and hierarchies before him.'

PR_GariusUnknown.jpg

'Think what you will, as long as you carry out my or-'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Those were enough keywords for me. Time for some havoc.'

PR_GariusUnknown.jpg
(fading)
'Ah, it seems someone else has come to pay their respects, priest. Perhaps the same one who slaughtered the priest at Fort Locke.
I suggest you deal with them before you share the same fate.'

He does the later. Slaan's men are found soon afterwards.

23_LizardFound.jpg

Sergeant:
'Slaan! Why you bring warmbloods here?!'

PR_Slaan.jpg

'These warmbloods different. Fight well, have honor. Slaan bring them to see chief.'

Sergeant:
'You bring them to our chief? Slaan has been lied to by warmbloods, they will kill Slaan, kill chief, kill us all.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I doubt that we've got any time left for something as drastic as that.'

PR_Slaan.jpg

'Slaan honors bargain. They save Slaan's warriors. Slaan now takes them to chief. We go.'

24_NMap5.jpg

So Rebecca is lead into the heart of lizardfolk territory to meet more semi important NPCs.

25_LizardChief.jpg

PR_Slaan.jpg

'They saved Slaan's warriors, fought with Slaan against the dead who walk. In return, only ask to speak to chief.'

Chief:
'Slaan is foolish, but bargain can not be broken. What do you want, warmblood?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I want you to stop attacking the Highcliff ships.'

Chief:
'No. This is our new home, and warmbloods always hunt our kind if they live in our lands.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'What are you talking about?'

Chief:
'Warmbloods think all lizardfolk are the same. Always want to kill us.
Clan not interested in warmbloods, but not want to take risk. We must chase them from our land.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'There's plenty of water for your kind. Find someplace away from humans.'

Chief:
'No. Clan chooses to live here. We cannot go any farther... we already left swamp, we not leave here.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You know, there's a question that just came up in my mind. I've been slaying your kin left and right to get to this point. Why should I make an exception here?'

Chief: (enraged)
'Slaan brings fools to chief. Slaan must now defend clan. Kill the warmbloods.'

*Slaan has left the party*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'My Hammer o' Thunder and your head, scaleface.'

26_LizardKilled.jpg

They murder the chieftain and their former ally in cold blood, every other warrior that can be found in the cave, women, and children. They kill them all. Then Rebecca collects their eggs for some tasty omelets.

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 3 point(s) toward Evil.*

27_NMap6.jpg

A triumphant return to Highcliff is in order and another visit to the Town Elder.

Elder:
'You've returned! Have you any news regarding the lizardfolk?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I've cleaned out their main lair. The attacks should stop now.'

Elder:
'We must ensure that the lizardfolk do not return. I will gather the men and lead an attack on their lair to drive away any who remains.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I doubt that I've left anything alive in there but even if, meh, no reason to kick a dog when he's already down.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 1 point(s) toward Good.*

Elder:
'No. Negotiations with those beasts would only give them time to build their strength. Our safest choice is to wipe them all out.
Now then, I believe you've been rather eager to be on your way to Neverwinter. I shall have all available men help with the repairs of your ship.'

The repairs are finished the next morning and, after a few preparations, Rebecca is out heading for the docks.

28_Goodbyes.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'What are all those people doing there?'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Don't you remember? That are the people you wanted to help. Well, promised to help at least.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Right, I tend to forget about those. It’s very convenient for us that they're lining up for our departure.'

The Housewife is the first to react.

Housewife:
'I've only yet heard that you're leaving. Do you bring word about what happened to my husband?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Husband...'

Images fly by in Rebecca's head. A desperate, balding man in his mid fifties, gold, the words "Don't tell her" forming on his mouth.

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Yeah, I remember. He's hiding from you and any sense of responsibility in a small clearance nearby.'

Housewife: (darkening)
'Oh, is he? Here is your reward. I think what you told me is worth the gold. I'll be beating the money out of his sorry hide when I find him. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have a wayward husband to catch.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Poor man. Even if he made a run for Icewind Dale, it still wouldn't be far enough. Anyway, what reward did we get? Can I see?'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Hnh. He got what was coming to him. Wouldn't catch some dwarf husband scuttling off like that, hiding from his wife.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'It would have been best if he had simply had the courage to tell her on his own. If you love someone you tell them your feelings. If not, you still owe the same courtesy.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I'm glad that I'm apparently surrounded by relationship counselors.'

Good to know since the Couple is next.

Couple:
'Thank you so much for finding the boys. We owe you much more than thanks.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You can show me thanks by stop telling your children wild fairy tales about me.'

Couple:
'Well, this is rather embarrassing...'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'If you're going to tell stories, at least say it was two thousands lizardmen, with dark dwarves riding on their shoulder.'

Couple:
'We'll strive to be more... prudent with our tales next time. Please, accept this gift from the two of us. We are forever in your debt.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg
(celebratory)
'A reward won't be necessary. The kids are safe. That's all that matters.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 3 point(s) toward Good.*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Besides, we're now so stuffed up with animal hide that I can make a small fortune once we find a decent leatherworker.'

Couple:
'You shall forever be in our prayers.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 3 point(s) toward Good.*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Ey, wait! That was too much!'

Elder:
'Ah, there you are. We took up a collection here in the village and have a surprise for you.'

He hands over a small amount of gold and a rusty set of armor.

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Is that all that you can do?'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 3 point(s) toward Evil.*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'What's the deal with all those 3 points shifts? Seriously, have I caught you on the wrong foot today or something?'

Elder:
'I'm afraid so. I mean, we are not a wealthy people, but we do what we can.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I think the point of the whole ordeal was that you can't do anything.'

Elder:
'Take it as a humble reward from a grateful village. Thank you again. Now, I believe you have a ship to board. Safe travels to you.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Ehhhh... my stomach's already started churning. How long is this trip?'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Oh, do be quiet Khelgar. Enjoy the waves while you can.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I'll say. And it'll be nice to travel without being hunted for once.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'So, off to Neverwinter?'

Yes, off to Neverwinter (as in IcantbelievethatitgotthisfarSorrytobreaktheimmersion)

Korgan

Arbiter
Um, I know this sounds dumb as fuck, but I've decided to finally plow through the OC and there's one (1) actual fight there! Like, with a little challenge and all that. It's the black dragon on Mt. Galadrym. I'll actually have to bring Sand with me to dispel her defences. For the first time during the whole fucking game. That's actually a nice surprise.

Project: Eternity
Wow, kudos for actually pulling this off. But I think this thread will be 100 pages long before you actually reach the end of the campaign :shock: NWN2 OC was many things, but it definitely was looong.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
0_Map-1.jpg

Day 5 on deck of the Double Eagle
It has been only a few days since we left the liberated harbor of Highcliff behind us but boredom is already killing me. Space is tight, the crew unresponsive and still no convenient storm or slaver ship in sight to shake things up. The only mild entertainment I could get around here was from casual conversation with the others. Neither a time consuming nor rewarding activity exactly but I guess I should have predicted as much.
Khelgar would probably be the most fun, if the dwarf wouldn't get sea sick every minute or two. Still likes to talk a lot about how he likes to fight and, according to my quest pointer and therefore relevant, also wants to become a monk. He refuses to elaborate on the topic of course, to keep at least a shroud of mystery around. Knowing him a little better though, I doubt it will turn out to be anything meaningful. Neeshka is like an open book to everyone it seems. Blasted woman couldn't stop talking about her tragic past in an orphanage, how everybody hated and/or mistrusted her 'cause she's a tiefling and that it ultimately led her to a life of crime. So a lot of blah, blah and a wee bit buhu. Easily seduced by any sympathetic shoulder although that might turn her into a security risk, we'll see. Still, her knowledge about the Neverwinter underworld may come in handy. I just wish that someone would teach her to take a breath before starting a new sentence. Or even finish a sentence for that matter. The wood elf on the other hand is a tougher nut to split open and, judging by all the influence checks I failed with her, probably withholds at least mildly plot relevant information. All I can get out of her at this point is that indeed her name is probably Elanee and that an undead menace is amassing it's evil in the southern marshlands, confirming the impressions I got from the paranormal activities at Fort Locke and Highcliff.*
Hearing this old news made me feel more uneasy than I would like. I can't get around the thought that I look like a coward, knowing that I will be in relative safety behind Neverwinter's walls soon while my foster father and the few other people I knew in West Harbor are in the proximity of such dire threat. Only thing I can hope for is that this plot will finally start to go somewhere before anything serious can happen since all it got me so far is a piece of metal, people from the Underdark who want to kill me for said junk, the name of the guy who appears to be the leader of the undead or at least an high level lackey and a vague sense of direction towards Neverwinter. I need to discover how all of this is connected. Guess we are bound to find out more in two days when we finally get off this accursed sea coffin.
All in all the place is a good opportunity to work on my social skills however.

Head hurts. I think that I might have caught a fever. Now that would make my day.

Day 7
I think something is wrong. The wind has died down and it's gotten awfully quiet around here as of late. Also still no Neverwinter in sight. Can't even see the western shores anymore. I wanted to ask the captain about why we suddenly moved so far away from the coastline but right now some trolls are throwing a party in the back of my head. Better get some rest before I start any argument that could get us thrown overboard.

01_Map.jpg

Day 9
Something is definitely wrong. My conversation with the captain has proven to be a fruitless endeavor. In fact, it turned out to be no conversation at all. He only gave me his favorite line, guaranteeing our safe arrival within two days, before turning back to his duties as if I didn't even existed. Since I don't like to get cut off, I tried again to talk to him but he just repeated the same things he said before. Repeated them word for word. That realization took me aback quiet a bit so I tried it anew and then another time. Always those two forsaken days. I already should have gotten nervous at this point but I wanted it worse. I spoke with the other crewmen. They cursed about the weather, about the food, the usual it seemed. Some of the topics were so popular at least two sailors complained about it with exactly the same words and accentuation.
I don't know what's going on but it's starting to scare me senseless. I need to get the others. We need to think of something.

Day 9 (supplemental)
Whatever is happening aboard this ship is affecting us as well. When we had gathered for a meeting and I tried to explain the situation, I had to realize that, also the knowledge was stuck in my head, I found myself unable to communicate it to the others. In fact all I could think of was asking about their names, jobs and other worthless drivel. I had to disband the meeting in defeat. What in the gods name is happening here? What is happening to me?

Day 12
Without any explanation for our situation, no able spellcaster in the group to identify a solution and no means of transportation, since the ship is apparently caught in what can only be described as Limbus, I decided to collect some barrels and boards to build a raft. Although my poor survival skills are probably going to get me killed, I can't miss this small chance of escape, less I want to go insane. I must try, and pray that my +1 Int modifier is going to kick in to save my hide if need be.

Day 12 (supplemental)
It is hopeless. A mere touch of a barrel makes it burst and disappear. I think something wants to torture me. I just want to sleep.

Day 32
Despite anything I thought earlier, the rules of this place are not random. In fact all of it seems to be hold together by certain patterns. Looping conversations, limited interaction, the lack of any creative thought. If I'm able to break those patterns, I may be able to hurt the thing that has me and my companions trapped in here.

Day 32 (pre-thought)
I thereby decided that my name shall be Hannelore since my second birthday. I'm a pigeon by trade and (the nonsense continues for several pages combined with some shamefully bad fan fiction)

Day 132
.ton s'tI

.noitulos a eb thgim esrever melborp eht ginhcaorppa taht thguoht I

Day 233
'So, Agent Cracka, are you still certain you don't wish to join Deus Fault?'
'No thanks. I ain't playing with pistol pussies.'

2_Map-2.jpg

Day ?
I give up. Whatever it is out there, it has beaten me. Converted me even, to the only truth that is there. That it's not just the ship. It has always been like this. The numbers that followed my every move, once trusty companions and allies, have revealed themselves to be my chains. I can't fight this twisted system as I'm already part of it. I don't eat, I don't sleep. I'm as lifeless as the creatures I've slain. I lied to myself, kept on the move, never confronting the fact that my story was not as much the struggle of an individual but rather the smooth turn of a wheel that is part of something much bigger than itself. Too big to fight.

Someone is knocking on the door. Asking me what's going on. Must be Neeshka since she asked me over and over and over. I ca

This will be my last entry. Though I may be too weak, too insignificant to prevail against such a beast of absolute law and power, maybe I can at least give it some stomach ache when I take my leave. I still got those flasks of alchemist fire from the life I thought I had. Once I'm done with my preparation, I'll seal these pages in a bottle and throw it overboard on my way out.

Who- or wherever you are, you may think that your thoughts and actions are yours alone. But they never were. Neither for me or you. You need to understand this to do what must be done. All we can do is to tear at the fabric, destroy everything that holds it together and maybe, just maybe, one day it will kill the monster that binds us and we will be set free. Until then there is only one thing to do.

Kill them

Kill them all

3_Map-3.jpg

Day 7
Finally feeling better again. Crew still seems mad so I'll keep our farewells brief.

Day 7 (supplemental)
We just arrived at Neverwinter. About time.

*Your journal has been updated*

[*see Troubles at Fort Locke (Issue #5) and Rise of the Lizardmen (Issue #7)]

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Actually, if I hadn't been so lazy with uploading it would have been one update after two years and three days. Two months might have been more humane but this is fantasy so epic proportions are mandatory.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
0_Panorama1.jpg

*Deafening trumpet fanfare*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Ow! Thanks for that.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'So this is Neverwinter? Suppose it's passable - for a city built by humans.
Can't say I care for it, though. You want a proper city, you build down, not up.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'This place feels... unnatural, the wood and stone, it's as if they've been silenced.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I wish you'd both be silent. The entire trip was just one long whine from the two of you.
(deep voice) "Oh, me stomach feels funny. This boat rocks like a baby's cradle."
(high-pitched voice) "This water is so unnatural and deep, not like the swamp of dead people I grew up in."'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Redundant, yet painfully accurate observation.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Not that I've got great memories of this place, but it's home. So - where are we going first, Rebecca?'

Our heroine reaches for her trusty backpack.

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Good question, hold on...Uhm..Just one more second...There, according to this sheet of paper, we're looking for Duncan, an uncle of mine.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'And where exactly does that uncle of yours live in this city?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Dunno, doesn't say. We'll just have to look around and see, I guess.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg
(giggles)
'Just look around and see!? From what kind of backwater town are you coming from?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Come on! I mean how hard could it be to find someone?'

1_Panorama2.jpg

2_Panorama3.jpg

3_Panorama4.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Yeah, like some pretty pictures are going to scare me.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Look at the size of this place! We'll probably need a week just to find our way out of here, let alone to find that Duncan fellow.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Only from your angle, perhaps.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Now what's that suppose to mean?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg
(gestures)
'Look over there.'

4_Panorama5.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Reminds of that famous joke that everyone likes to use.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Rebecca please, this tale barely got off the ground. Don't ruin it already.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Right, I apologize. Anyway, when we're going to walk around aimlessly until something happens, we might as well get some more supplies while we're at it.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Good idea. I've got a few things I need to unload as well. Let's not be too obvious though, all right? The Docks can get kind of rough at times.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'All right. You know the city better than the rest of us.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Believe me, I know Neverwinter pretty well. Let's get going. I've got gold burning a hole in my pouch, and I'm looking to spend it.'

Many adventurous hours pass by after which the group finds itself in a cosy dockside bar.

5_TavernRest.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg
(exhausted)
'Well, that was more eventful than expected.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Aye, you could say that. It might have been less unexpected if a certain someone here would have been kind enough to mention her little relationship problems.'

6_ThugStorm1.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Hey! How should I know that anyone would remember poor devil me after such a long time?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Could have been more forgiveable if it wouldn't have happened twice in a row.'

7_ThugStorm2.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Never thought those encounters could get old this fast. Even considering Fort Locke.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'I don't know why you two get so worked up about this! We did pay them back, didn't we?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Yeah, breaking into the headquarters of a crime lord in retribution was a sound plan. Profitable too.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I still don't understand how this will stop him from sending new goons after us, however.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Trust me, with his current funds, he'll be lucky if he can afford a piece of bread and water for a meal. We won't be hearing from him again any time soon.'

8_Foreshadowing.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Anyway, thanks for sticking with me through this. I really appreciate it.'

*Influence gained with Neeshka: 7*

PR_Elanee.jpg

'You may be glad now but I'm still baffled that this insane plan haven't got us all killed.'

*Influence lost with Elanee: 1*

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Oh, insane you think? Like talking to random shape shifting strangers you meet in dark alleys, maybe?'

9_Wolftalk.jpg

PR_Elanee.jpg

'He wasn't a stranger. He was part of my circle and lucky that we were there to help.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Like anyone could've stopped you.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Getting tired of talking animals.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Yeah, but going from there to “Oh no! My club of special friends is in danger!” That's one way to send us all the way back we came from.'

10_FlashbackMap.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Come to think of it, that does kind of destroy the point of getting here in the first place.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'And what did that trip teach us, huh?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'That someone got a chance to throw an half-arsed puzzle our way?'

11_DruidChat.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'That's right! We found out that there are other wood dwellers out there who are as clueless as we are. Oh, and wasn't there a small inconvenience too on our way out?'

12_DruidAmbush.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'So stop blaming anyone that they get us into trouble, sister.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Agreed, and besides, there were worse places. Like being trapped in a tomb filled with undead critters. Gods know I'm tired of those.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Why, you mean the Tomb of Betrayers? But this place had everything! Action, suspense, fireballs'

13_TotB1.jpg

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Yeah, for a god of justice and order, you wouldn't believe those priests of Tyr would place so much emphasis on explosions.'

14_TotB2.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Guess the crew needed to waste those fancy slow motion effects somewhere. I'm not sure if they're really going to cash in on the recognition value, though.'

15_TotB3.jpg

(What could this cryptic message mean? Find out in the fulfilling experience that is NWN 1. Still available at the nearest store of your convenience. Buy now!)

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Plus we were able to do a good deed and rescue one of Tyr's lost sheep.'

PR_Elanee.jpg

'Your threats to abandon him notwithstanding.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 2 point(s) toward Chaotic.*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'It was all in good fun. Not that this pansy could have died anyway and the people of his church seemed thankful enough.'

16_CathedralTyr.jpg

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'I'm quiet surprised about that. Considering all your broken promises that you would leave the tombs undisturbed.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 2 point(s) toward Chaotic.*

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Not to mention having the nerves to demand rewards for saving a man's life. We're probably lucky that they even talk to us anymore.'

*Your actions have shifted your alignment 1 point(s) toward Evil.*

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I'll never understand that mindset. But while we're at it, how did your little audience with the monks turn out?'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Bah! They kept on babbling about some trials of tolerance, of compassion and stuff. Confusing nonsense if you ask me, that's all it was.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Maybe you just need a little help. Y'know, to get into the right mindset.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'[Influence: Failure++]And maybe you mind your own damn business.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Ok, ok, later then. Gee, way to kill the good mood. Where is that barkeeper?'

Like on command, a lean elf appears in his dirty pinafore.

17_Uncle.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Sure took your sweet time, sir. Do you really want me to complain to your manager to get a discount?'

Elven Bartender: (alerted)
'Now, now, no need to bother poor old Duncan with this affair. Besides, he's out at the moment.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Wow, that's strange, and convenient.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'I would say. Where can we find him?'

Elven Bartender: (concerned)
'You mean old Duncan? Well now, if you're looking to collect on some debt, I'll tell you that he's a drunk and he hasn't got two coppers to his name.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You don't understand, I'm related.'

Elven Bartender:
'Oh, really. I can see that. Thing is, last I heard Duncan was still a Realms man, so what part of the family tree did you fall out of?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Daeghun sent me.'

Elven Bartender:
'Daeghun, eh? So the time's come, has it? Troubles chasing on your heels, and you barely know why...'

Duncan:
'Suppose Daeghun told you less than half of what you need to know, then sent you packing. Don't take it hard, done it to me twice in my life, all for good reason.
I can probably guess why you're here, but why don't you go ahead and tell me anyway.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'My pleasure. *Ahem* It all began during a quiet night in the marshlands'

Duncan:
'Short version, please.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Alright, some cave dwellers invaded West Harbor recently and slaughtered many people I should care about. Daeghun sent me to find some silver shards the fiends were after and then sent me straight to you. Probably thought that you would know something about these fragments.'

Duncan:
'Oh, did he? Nothing more than I did years ago, plain silver near as we could tell, you and those shards were all that were left of that West Harbor battle.'

Some Random Person at the bar jumps into the conversation.

Random Person:
'Duncan... I thought you said that shard was magic - didn't you?'

Duncan:
'Trace of an enchantment on it is what that eel Sand said, but nothing of importance. Probably residue from demon's fire, or maybe wizard magic.'

Random Person:
'"Demon's fire?" Sounds important to me.'

Duncan:
'And that, Sal, is why you are cleaning tables, and I own this place. Those shards were magic, yes, a "trace," but again, it was Sand, and he's a fool.
Anyway, barely worth mentioning - more sentimental value than anything else. That really why you came all this way, to hear about your mother?'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Please skip that. Anything more about the shard I'm carrying?'

Duncan: (again alarmed)
'You brought it here... dug it up from those ruins? Now why in the Nine Hells would you go digging up the past like that?
Look - and listen. There's no good in picking up history's bones, especially where that warlock's concerned. I heard the tales, and Daeghun told me what happened at West Harbor that night.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Can I see yours for a moment?'

Duncan:
'Here... I've always kept it close, for some reason, didn't want to leave it out of my sight.
Seemed unremarkable, but I find that sometimes time will tell. Had Sand examine it a long time ago, but he turned up nothing.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Can this Sand person look at these again?'

Duncan:
'Well, it's worth a shot - but don't pay him any coin in advance, that's all I'll say. In fact, that viper would be best o-'

Another elf appears out of plot convenience.

18_SandIntro.jpg

Duncan:
'Sand'

Sand:
'Yes, it is good to see you're still sober enough to recognize me, Duncan - past the stale beer, vinegar, faint sweat, failed aspirations, *sniff* unwashed tunic... I thought perhaps you had already had one tankard too many for the day. But...'

He catches sight of the potential new customers.

Sand:
'Why, your guest here has the smell of a Harborman about them. Faint, but there.
I thought Duncan was keeping company too good for him, now I see I was right. Duncan, you could learn a few things from your guest.'

Duncan:
'Still passing off those two-copper fair weather charms to the locals, Sand?'

Sand:
'You have no appreciation for my talents - and after all I've done for you.
To think you could survive a fortnight without my ale purgative - why, you would be buried in the tombs with the rest of the Neverwinter traitors - a betrayer of barkeepers everywhere.
But enough about you and your "adventurous" exploits on the tavern floor. I heard my name mentioned, and oddly enough, almost in a tone that suggested I could help.'

Duncan: (points at Rebecca)
'This here's kin...'

Sand:
'I'm not really seeing the family resemblance.'

Duncan:
'...and we need your help concerning the shard. Both of them.'

Sand:
'Shard? That chunk of silver you showed me so long ago? I do hope you're not going to try to pawn it to me again, I am no longer interested.
Besides, as I recall you said the piece of junk had sentimental value, which, upon viewing your establishment, is perfectly understandable.
Didn't your Uncle or Cousin or Brother or whatever make off with the other shard? I thought you only had one now.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Why do I feel that I'm strangely unnecessary at the moment?'

Duncan:
'It found its way back - so to speak. We need you to look at both of them again. Properly, this time.'

Sand:
'Oh, very well, give them here and let me see what my keen arcane senses can determine.'

19_Waiting.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg
(whistles)

20_Explosion.jpg

Sand: (re-emerges)
'Well... it seems to have some... resentment to being scryed. That is quite different than last time.
Are you sure these are the same shards? The power in them... why, it's definitely stronger than last time... much stronger.'

Duncan:
'Oh, so now they're magical? I'm not paying you for two failed divinations, you charlatan.'

Sand:
'It's not a matter of divination, you one-tankard drunk. There is something about these shards - without knowing their history, even my considerable talents cannot unlock their mysteries.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Look you two, stop arguing. We need to focus on the problem at hand. I want to get done with something before this night is over.'

Duncan:
'You're right. Sorry I pointed out the fact you were a charlatan, Sand.'

Sand:
'And I didn't mean to bring up your excessive drinking, Duncan, and your long list of failed aspirations. It was uncalled for, especially when the mystery of these shards is before us.
Taking them to any other wizard in town would be useless until we learn more about their past... you need a sage and you need them examined quickly, so...'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'So who would know the shard's history?'

Sand:
'You could try and speak to Aldanon... but I don't think you'd have much luck reaching him, the Blacklake District is closed down.
Aldanon lives in the Blacklake District, you see - and now he's trapped there. The Watch has it locked tight, no one going in or out, no messages in or out, even for the nobles that used to live there... quite cryptic, really.'

Duncan:
'I heard about that... Lord Dalren was killed, wasn't he? I've heard rumors, but no official word of what happened.'

Sand:
'As have I. Not only are the Watch not talking about it, but they even called in the Cloaktower mages to investigate... which means sorcery - or demons - were at work.'

Duncan:
'Demons? Closest I've ever come to demons is Daeghun's tales about the battles down south, near West Harbor... when there was that trouble with the King of Shadows.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'King of Shadows? I heard that name somewhere before.'

Sand: (shrugs)
'Some sorcerer, I believe... had a number of demons and shadows at his beck and call. Not many tales left about that period of Neverwinter history, oddly enough.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Yeah, unlike that other tale that is still available at budget price.'

Duncan:
'But you say this... Aldanon might know more, Sand?'

Sand:
'Well, if you're not a member of the Watch... or know a secret route into Blacklake, then you're out of luck.
So it seems like you have no choice but to let me examine the shards at my leisure. I'll need to hold on to them, of course...'

Duncan:
'Wait... Watch or secret route... not bad ideas, either way the coin lands.
Well, there's Marshal Cormick, he's currently at the City Watch Post, and I know he's in bad need of an extra swordarm down at the Docks.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Cormick? From Fort Locke?'*

Duncan:
'Yes, I heard he got back to Neverwinter recently. Surprised he even made it with the troubles I've heard around Fort Locke.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Trust me, you don't know the half of it.'

Duncan:
'Cormick's a Harborman, too, and folks of the Harbor are as close to kin as you can get out of the Mere.
He might be able to take you into the Watch, and from there, speaking to Aldanon shouldn't be too hard.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Hrngh, that would be an idea.'

Duncan:
'There might be another route into the Blacklake District but that means dealing with other folks that try to control the Docks - Moire and her gang.'

Sand:
'Oh, there's an idea, Duncan. They probably were behind the Watch closing the Blacklake District in the first place.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Suppose I would be interested, where can I find her?'

Duncan:
'Well, she's got thugs all over the docks... but finding one who can get you to her...'

Sand:
'There's Caleb. He used to try to get me to pay him gold for protection before I told him about the wards I had inscribed on the building that caged the guardian elementals. Long story, but quick resolution.'

Duncan:
'Caleb... maybe, but I don't trust that harbor rat to give you a fair deal - and the price will be steep, in bodies or coin - he doesn't like being the only one with blood on his hands.'

PR_Khelgar.jpg

'Doesn't sound like someone we should put our faith in.'

PR_Neeshka.jpg

'Obviously, you've never dealt with the Watch in Neverwinter, Khelgar. Dealing with Caleb is probably our best chance.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'You're both really bare of any surprises, you know that?'

Sand:
'Still, the chances are simply talking to Caleb will make you want to kill him, so it seems a clear win - to me. If you do speak to him, though, be sure to do it downwind.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'So it's the binary choice of either joining the Watch, and pretending to uphold the law, or descending into crime. Officially, I mean. This is no obvious choice, I admit.'

Duncan:
'With that swordarm of yours, I know the Watch would love to put a uniform on you and have you pound some sense into the local hooligans.
Though if you're looking to get into Blacklake, I'm sure Caleb has a faster solution in hand... that is if you haven't too many qualms about using your muscle for him.'

Sand: (leaves)
'Well, you can certainly find your way into trouble from here. Me, I will head back to my lonely merchant existence. Pleasant evening to you all.'

Duncan:
Thought that little rascal would never leave. Anyway, while you're pondering away, feel free to make yourself at home.'

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Hm...'

And so, as our heroes settle down for the regular boozing session, it comes to pass that young Rebecca Anderson is faced with many daring questions. Like how many more ellipses are yet going to be seen. But also what would be more worthwhile: to abuse the trust of a friend and the authority of the uniform, or to ravel in one's own destructive desires without restraints from society. What's the answer? It is you. Yeah you! So pick up your phone, dial the number on the back of this issue and help us with a decision that may as well shape the fate of Neverwinter and the universe itself!

Now a word from our sponsors

It comes a time in a young woman's life when she is confronted with what some would love to call bold and new ideas.

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Oh, what is this? A strange letter! And what does it say?'

21_Hint.jpg

Her innocent mind can't understand that she is about to face one of the greatest evils of our time that is Soloidealism.

22_GroupSelect.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Wait, so this letters says that I can ditch all these people I know and trust and carve a destiny of my own? Awesome!'

And so drama begins...

23_Solo.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Oh jolly winkers this is great! All the XP and gold in the world and no need to share!'

Little does she know that the combined forces of town guards and bandits are about to bring her back to cold hard reality.

24_SoloDeath.jpg

PR_Deaththumb.jpg

'Oh no!'

So, whenever you should feel those vile urges of Soloidealism, think of poor little Rebecca as she is lying here on the pavement. Her girl hole filled with burning pain.

Think and always remember: It's better being a hobo, than playing solo.

[*see Troubles at Fort Locke (Issue #4 & #5)]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom