Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play NWN 2 (Renegade Edition)

Pussycat669

Liturgist
That is quiet a list. I only found a few of those dialogue errors/missing skill checks and that only because of my own fiddlings with the toolset. Another thing that always bothered me is that Duncan is apparently handled as if he was human, judging from the comments he makes, which strikes me as rather absurd. Maybe they planned to make the D&D brothers humans originally and then race switched them somewhere along the way, it's hard to tell.
Don't like some of the other changes like 'fixing' Fenthick (maybe not the most fun fight but at least it had its own flavour, which is rare enough already) but still might be worth a shot, I dunno.

On a totally unrelated note, searching through those dialogue files can really be a blast, especially in the OS where no one seemingly bothered to do his clean up duty, as evident with this fine piece:

|DO NOT LOCALIZE ANY OF THIS DIALOG!|
|CHRIS AVELLONE: Neeshka says "WTF?!" Thought the party had shaken the duergar and bladelings. Accuses the people of Highcliff of having a big mouth|
|CHRIS AVELLONE: Elanee is concerned. Doesn't think the village had anything to do with it. Thinks that since the bad guys are always coming out from some hiding spot, they've got some way of tracking the player... maybe through the shard|
|CHRIS AVELLONE: Neeshka says get rid of the stupid shard then. It's not like it's worth anything|
|CHRIS AVELLONE: Khelgar scoffs at Neeshka's cowardice. Says bring them on.|
PC: I could just drop the shard into the ocean.
|CHRIS AVELLONE: Neeshka says bury it somewhere deeper|
|CHRIS AVELLONE: Elanee says something to convince everyone that keeping the shard is the smart thing to do|
|CHRIS AVELLONE: I don't know where to go from here|

Now there is some serious creative thought process going on.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Wha? No suggestions? Come on! If a strong, zombie wrestling D&D chick is already breaking all boundaries of suspension of disbelief, hell only knows what happens if she starts to make life changing decisions all by herself.

marooned

Liturgist
What are you expecting exactly? Just play the game, this part is quite boring. Well, the whole game is quite boring.. But I liked the paint graphical effects :)

Also, it is me or the images are a little too bright?

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Yeah, all the screenshots I made turned out way too grimdark to make anything out, at least on my end, so I kicked up the gamma level a few notches. They look rather fine to me. Is it still bearable or should I tune it down for the next updates?

What are you expecting exactly? Just play the game, this part is quite boring. Well, the whole game is quite boring..

Well, it is one of the few instances of branching so better use the opportunity while it's there. Both paths can be fun, both could be horrible. I actually might as well just do them together althought that is probably going to suck out some life force out of me.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Eh, Rebecca is on a short vacation again. She sent me a postcard though.

Wish.jpg

I've got something else cookin' in the meantime. Heard China is nice this time of year. But it still may take a week or two before I got anything concrete.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom