Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

The N64 version of both games with some filters is superior, I've recently played both and they've aged better than most games coming out in the next few years will.
Depends on your tolerance for incredibly low fps.

Hopefully the people behind Ship of Harkinian follow completely finish OOT and still follow through with their plans for MM.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Twilight Princess sucked and Windwaker was better.
> games whose dungeon crawling is supposed to be the high point
> "the game with almost brain-dead dungeons is better than the one with actually engaging dungeons, because I prefer the former's chibi aesthetics to the latter's "grim" dated 6th gen visuals"

:nocountryforshitposters:
Windwaker is fun to play.
z z z z z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z
I just watched the story on it since that is what people love mainly aside from the non linear nature of the moon crashing every 3 days or whatever it is.
People like MM because it's undeniably the best Zelda campaign

She spends most of the time as a big hipped flat tsundere goblinoid though, therefore pleasing a multitude of player tastes. Aonuma-san...so this is the power of a master of his craft...
image.png

Everyone who's actually played Zelda games older than BotW knows exactly what I'm talking about when I say a "real" Zelda game.
Nigga don't me that shit
I've been playing these games since I was 9
OoT is the entire reason I care too much about this stupid ass medium
Your "real" Zelda games have been in constant decline since 2000
This game design formula has been thoroughly milked
Skyward Sword proved beyond a doubt that it's incapable of inovating and excite without recurse to controller gimmicks
Had BotW also followed the formula you'd be moaning about how the series is stale garbage and that it should be buried

And while, it seems sorta obvious that LTTP is closer to the rest of the series than the original one, how come would one consider that LTTP is anything but an upgrade/refinement of the originals formula?
The original games intent, has stated by the series creator, was capture the feeling of adventure and discovery he felt has kid exploring the landscape surrounding his home
Exploration is the core of these games
And in the originals both the overworld and the dungeons had similiar importance towards that end
What ALttP did was shift the focus primarly to the dungeons and make the campgain more "linear" as to better control the players progression and increase the dungeons difficulty

IMO this is not so much as an "upgrade", it is primarly a shift in design philosophy
And it's not a bad one, as it genuinely produced great games

Really the problem is the fact Nintendo, in more than 20 years, never deviated even slightly from this formula and as a consequence the games have degenerated into absolute mediocrity
how about you dont give us that shit, nigga? Home console (and later handheld) Zelda has been garbage since Ocarina of Time because they could not stop making the games about retarded hamfisted gimmicks and/or input methods no one ever asked for. All we wanted and never got was another good modern no-frills ALttP.
And the really frustrating part: After 30 years, with Assassins Creed BotW they finally have an engine that would perfectly suit that idea, but instead they decide to make this level scaled walking simulator. And because you zoomers gush over that shit like there's no tomorrow, we now get to play in the same empty soulless world with the same fundamentally broken mechanics once again.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
1681757440634.png

edit: I was thinking it was the GBC version of LA instead of the GBA version of LTTP, which I guess they put in simply for Four Swords, since no other remakes/other versions were listed.. switch LA to A-tier and put '''Four Swords''' where LA is currently, basically swap them.. the tiles were so small on the tiermaker I couldn't tell what the fuck it was and I had a brainfart about LA's redux being on GBA for some reason

Last edited:

Derringer

Prophet
The most obvious take is that they get shittier the newer they are with BotW and the A Link Between Worlds being alright to ok.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Link’s Awakening stuck next to the DS trash, disgusting take

oh that was my mistake, I was thinking it was the GBC version of LA instead of the GBA version of LTTP, which I guess they put in simply for Four Swords, since no other remakes/other versions were listed.. switch LA to A-tier and put >Four Swords where LA is currently.

I'll make a new tier list with more games soon

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Home console (and later handheld) Zelda has been garbage since Ocarina of Time because they could not stop making the games about retarded hamfisted gimmicks and/or input methods no one ever asked for. All we wanted and never got was another good modern no-frills ALttP.
Fuck off
MM is better than OoT and LADX as well as the Oracle games are better ALttP
Edit: In fact, I would add I also had more fun with Minish Cap than ALttP

Ezekiel

Arcane
The N64 version of both games with some filters is superior, I've recently played both and they've aged better than most games coming out in the next few years will.
Depends on your tolerance for incredibly low fps.

Hopefully the people behind Ship of Harkinian follow completely finish OOT and still follow through with their plans for MM.

I saw no way to play their Ocarina of Time port in the original aspect ratio, and when I asked on their Discord they said that my question didn't pertain to the intentions of the project or something like that. So the Lens of Truth was messed up, showing a red square in the middle of the widescreen ratio, the pre-rendered backgrounds had big black boxes on the sides and Epona kept galloping while stationary outside of the intended aspect ratio in the ending. The port also crashed two or three times for me and was more complicated to set up than the beautiful Super Mario 64 port. I finished my Ocarina playthrough, getting to 100% completion for the first time in all my 25 years knowing the game. But the next time I am emulating it again.

Also, the port uses the Gamecube version, which removed the chant in the Fire Temple. Use an N64 emulator!

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Tried emulating Skyward Sword, the one big 3D Zelda I've never played. Ran like crap. Torn between purchasing Nintendo games again and trying my luck again with Breath of the Wild 2: Electric Boogaloo. My brother had a bunch of the Switch games I physically own as files, but deleted them all. Did try Mario Odyssey. Obviously much better resolution and IIRC higher framerate, but overall also crap performance. Even if it's just the music chopping up now and then, I don't think I want that. I just felt like such a sucker when I saw him emulate the games I spent so much money on.

Visperas

Augur
So, for those in the know, how long until we can play emulated Tears aprox?

Elttharion

Learned
Nice move by Nintendo. Square Enix also recently snubbed them for obvious reasons.

Screw Kotaku.
While I very much agree with the effect, what is the stated reason for the blacklisting?
I dont think they said why they are doing this. The best guess is that Nintendo got angry because of their article promoting emulators when Metroid Dread released.

Nice move by Nintendo. Square Enix also recently snubbed them for obvious reasons.

Screw Kotaku.
While I very much agree with the effect, what is the stated reason for the blacklisting?
I believe it was because Kotaku was promoting Switch emulation in their Metroid: Dread review and also whining that Final Fantasy XVI doesn't have any black characters.

It is great to see developers not bend the knee to these freaks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom