Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

430am

Educated
The performance has been improved by 10fps (but there's still a shitload of visual artifacts), now I get on average 20fps - enough to dick around the tutorial area a little bit
I barely get 20 with my CPU and get audio desync, but people do manage to play it on good framerates. They usually have good CPUs, so essentially if you don't have five-digits intel or latest gen you shouldn't even bother. Mine isn't even that old but it's out of the question completely. I'm not paying 70 euros for a copy of this and definitely not buying a latest i7 to emulate new games for the Switch.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Between yesterday's afternoon and today's midday, there's been at least 6 Ryujinx updates
Where are these updates? The only recent update was yesterday. Latest version is 1.1.743.
My torrent already came with a Ryujinx packed in - version 737 if I recall correctly
I assumed that was the most recent version...

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
"if nintendo put this on PC I wouldn't pirate it" lmao no one believes you niggers

"THIS GAME IS ON EPIC GAME STORE, I HATE EPIC, I'LL PIRATE IT"
"THIS GAME IS ON STEAM, I HATE STEAM, I'LL PIRATE IT"
"THIS GAME HAS DENUVO, FUCK DENUVO, I'LL WAIT FOR LE BASED TRANNY TO CRACK IT AND PIRATE IT"
"I ONLY BUY DRM FREE GAMES!!! OH SHIT THIS GAME IS ON GOG? HEH, NO DRM SO IT'S EASY TO PIRATE"

Playing it on an actual Switch, it's about what I expected. I'm not even upset at it running poorly on what is essentially a tablet using 2015-era tech, considering we live in an age where contemporary shitty console ports gobble up 20+ gb of VRAM on 1.5k USD videocards to run at similar framerates. I haven't tried docked mode yet, but there's a lot of aliasing in portable mode. I assume it's running at native resolution (1280x720).

I like the art direction so far. The animations are very well done. There's more music so far compared to the last game and it's excellent. There's the obligatory long-winded Zelda tutorial, which is annoying but again, expected. I haven't seen many videos so I can only hope there are more actual dungeons this time around instead of those dinky shrines from the last game.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
"if nintendo put this on PC I wouldn't pirate it" lmao no one believes you niggers

"THIS GAME HAS DENUVO, FUCK DENUVO, I'LL WAIT FOR LE BASED TRANNY TO CRACK IT AND PIRATE IT"
"I ONLY BUY DRM FREE GAMES!!! OH SHIT THIS GAME IS ON GOG? HEH, NO DRM SO IT'S EASY TO PIRATE"

imagine buying games

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Playing it on an actual Switch, it's about what I expected. I'm not even upset at it running poorly on what is essentially a tablet using 2015-era tech, considering we live in an age where contemporary shitty console ports gobble up 20+ gb of VRAM on 1.5k USD videocards to run at similar framerates. I haven't tried docked mode yet, but there's a lot of aliasing in portable mode. I assume it's running at native resolution (1280x720).

I like the art direction so far. The animations are very well done. There's more music so far compared to the last game and it's excellent. There's the obligatory long-winded Zelda tutorial, which is annoying but again, expected. I haven't seen many videos so I can only hope there are more actual dungeons this time around instead of those dinky shrines from the last game.
How tf are you playing on a switch? Am I the only person on earth who has to wait two more damn weeks?

Elttharion

Learned
p7486exj9cwa1.jpg

Based Nintendo

LMAO This dude got so butthurt he wrote an article filled with spoilers about the leaks.

Elttharion

Learned

3rf1dw.jpg

biggs

Novice
If the Gleeoks and any of the other tougher enemies are fun to fight then I might be interested in playing this. Enemy variety was an issue, for me, with BotW.

How tf are you playing on a switch? Am I the only person on earth who has to wait two more damn weeks?
He is playing the rom on a hacked Switch. Pre-2019 "unpatched" Switches are extremely easy to hack due to a hardware bug in the Nvidia SoC.

https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

You aren't missing out anyway, as Tears of the Kingdom is more of exactly the same. The only new gimic is the magic glue. The map is also the same except for a few new areas.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
He is playing the rom on a hacked Switch. Pre-2019 "unpatched" Switches are extremely easy to hack due to a hardware bug in the Nvidia SoC.

https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

You aren't missing out anyway, as Tears of the Kingdom is more of exactly the same. The only new gimic is the magic glue. The map is also the same except for a few new areas.
The fuck? They reused the same map and called it a day?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The fuck? They reused the same map and called it a day?
Same map plus an underground area (like the Underdark or something) and a few sky islands.

It is literally a 70 dollar DLC including a rehash of Breath of the Wild.
What about the dungeons? Are the mini dungeons still Tron-looking areas with physics puzzles? Also are the large dungeons similar to the ones in BOTW?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
What about the dungeons? Are the mini dungeons still Tron-looking areas with physics puzzles? Also are the large dungeons similar to the ones in BOTW?
It has 5 more traditional Zelda dungeons. Not like BOTW where they were all the same theme.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is mainland Hyrule filled with as much content as the old game, even though it's mostly the same map ?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Is mainland Hyrule filled with as much content as the old game, even though it's mostly the same map ?
Yes
Also because of Ganon's awekening there's several changes to each of Hyrule's Overworld provinces

Same map plus an underground area
Which is nearly the size of the Overworld
This is less a DLC and more like a serious Expansion Pack

Are the mini dungeons still Tron-looking areas with physics puzzles?
No
Now they are "ancient civilization" looking areas with physics puzzles
:lol:

somerandomdude

Learned
Ryujinx crashes periodically and I don't believe it's random. I've noticed patterns with certain actions causing crashes more often than others, like diving off ledges, cutting down trees, and running into those big blue frogs. Most of my crashes were caused from those 3 things. It does it on both OGL and Vulkan, I've already sent them some crash logs.

Outside of the occasional crashes, the game runs fine. Vulkan runs fine on native resolution, but you want OGL for higher resolution, you take way less of a frame rate hit. Vulkan gets less hitches related to building shaders though, so there's benefits for running either.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Glad I never replayed Breath of the Wild if so much is reused. Not a fan of NG+ in a game like that. Think it started with Wind Waker, where you got the special insignia on your save file and the blue costume. Makes collecting on the first playthrough, those many hours, feel somewhat pointless.

Finished the large opening area yesterday. Was impressed by how it didn't constantly hint and lead you to the answers, even if the answer wasn't hard to figure out. With the new powers, that made it feel more open than all the AAA games of the last few years. Had forgotten what that's like. The mission structure of those other open world games is so tedious.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Ryujinx crashes periodically and I don't believe it's random. I've noticed patterns with certain actions causing crashes more often than others, like diving off ledges, cutting down trees, and running into those big blue frogs. Most of my crashes were caused from those 3 things. It does it on both OGL and Vulkan, I've already sent them some crash logs.

Outside of the occasional crashes, the game runs fine. Vulkan runs fine on native resolution, but you want OGL for higher resolution, you take way less of a frame rate hit. Vulkan gets less hitches related to building shaders though, so there's benefits for running either.
Had to load far more shaders on startup with OpenGL, and then the game crashed when I went fullscreen. Went back to Vulkan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom