Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your Opinion on Art Styles

Preferred Art Style?

• Hand-drawn cartoony style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2D Isometric (ala PS:T/Fallout/etc)

• 3D, controllable camera

• Total voters

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
2d isometric or 3d isometric. as long as the camera is locked.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Blackadder said:
Very well.

ultimav.png

25-evidence02.png

Add in a touch of animation and this is perfectly satisfactory.
This :salute:

flabbyjack

Arcane
Isometric but with 3d models, don't mess around with sprites son, that's living in the past. :M You'd have to be crazy to animate all those sprites from different camera angles like they did in Fallout :/

Or if you're doing something quick and dirty, use a 2d engine and tileset (see the previous post)

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
flabbyjack said:
Isometric but with 3d models, don't mess around with sprites son, that's living in the past. :M You'd have to be crazy to animate all those sprites from different camera angles like they did in Fallout :/
Fallout used animated 3d models converted to 2d (probably automatically) and touched up.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I voted 2d isometric but I would be fine with 2d tiles, like the U5 screens posted last page. True isometric is a lot of effort.

Hate "cartoony" graphics, hate dealing with a 3d camera.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom