Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You will have noticed two buttons...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yes, voting has been added to the "ad free" template for patrons. The buttons will also only be shown if you are logged in.

Jason said:
Phase 2 sounds alright, but get better icons.
You know, I can only work with what google images provides.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
DarkUnderlord said:
We have now entered Phase #2 of the trial. When threads pass a certain threshold, they will now be tagged appropriately.

Is this when the human testing begins?

Vibalist

Arcane
As soon as this system is in effect in all forums, we should vote this thread retarded,

Also, we should be able to do this with users as well. Schattenjager needs a permanent :retarded: icon next to his username.

Votes have been quite reasonably balanced out with retarded threads being voted retarded and fairly reasonable threads being voted epic (Jimbob's comic is the most epic; shitniggers's true identity the most retarded). A wide range of users have also been voting which has helped balance the votes out.
And this is precisely why the new system is :retard:.

Even though shitniggers trolling is retarded, it is pretty much the hottest topic on the codex right now, and I wouldn't want to miss it. So what is the new system supposed to do? What is it's function? To warn me about something I will find out after reading the first post in the thread anyways?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It doesn't work. I just spammed retarded topic today and retardation did not move it behind other topics. It was top topic every time I, or someone else, wrote in it. So it doesn't matter, herostratus. At least we have new, shiny icons that show us what to expect inside.

DraQ

Arcane
10mu1ih.jpg
2hx27gw.jpg

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Use the codex devils heads. One angry and the other twice as angry.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
herostratus said:
Votes have been quite reasonably balanced out with retarded threads being voted retarded and fairly reasonable threads being voted epic (Jimbob's comic is the most epic; shitniggers's true identity the most retarded). A wide range of users have also been voting which has helped balance the votes out.
And this is precisely why the new system is :retard:.

Even though shitniggers trolling is retarded, it is pretty much the hottest topic on the codex right now, and I wouldn't want to miss it. So what is the new system supposed to do? What is it's function? To warn me about something I will find out after reading the first post in the thread anyways?
What it SHOULD do is be a guide to mods and admins. Anyone who quickly decides to retardo a thread should think twice if it has a lot of epic votes.

Konjad said:
It doesn't work. I just spammed retarded topic today and retardation did not move it behind other topics. It was top topic every time I, or someone else, wrote in it. So it doesn't matter, herostratus. At least we have new, shiny icons that show us what to expect inside.

Probably more people need to vote retarded, too. Otherwise, one butthurt person would be able to mark any thread he doesn't like as retarded.

We should ask Ratatosk to design proper buttons, with the Codex devil TROLL. Perhaps one where he's drinking tea (prestigious) and another where he's spitting it (peasant wants coffee)

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
When you click either the retarded or epic button, you are redirected to a page with a message of how you voted the thread. It would be great if this same page could have a link to return to the forum where the topic was posted (like when you post a message). And also, a timed redirection (again like when a message is posted) would be cool to.

Hory

Erudite
So when are you gonna make threads move to retardo when enough people vote it, DU? Just having the different icon besides the title is useless. You can tell that just by the title and poster name. People will stop voting cause it accomplishes nothing. Keep the icon only as an indicator for which threads have been retarded by consensus.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Dicksmoker said:
What it SHOULD do is be a guide to mods and admins. Anyone who quickly decides to retardo a thread should think twice if it has a lot of epic votes.
Pretty much the intent. Mainly a way for people to identify Retarded threads so a mod can pick them out fairly easily. To avoid the numbnuts voting everything Retarded, I needed a counter vote to balance that out obviously. And creating a 1 year time limit (have to be a member for at least 1 year) before you can vote prevents most alt vote spamming.

Mainly to head off a lot of the complaints about retarded threads not being retardo'd. This way, it's your own damn fault if you haven't voted. I'm a big believer in hand-balling as much responsibility to the people as possible. :smug:

Kosmonaut said:
When you click either the retarded or epic button, you are redirected to a page with a message of how you voted the thread. It would be great if this same page could have a link to return to the forum where the topic was posted (like when you post a message). And also, a timed redirection (again like when a message is posted) would be cool to.
It does this now. Timed redirect is to the forum.

Hory said:
So when are you gonna make threads move to retardo when enough people vote it, DU? Just having the different icon besides the title is useless. You can tell that just by the title and poster name. People will stop voting cause it accomplishes nothing. Keep the icon only as an indicator for which threads have been retarded by consensus.
That was an idea for Phase #3 but it depends on how things work out.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DarkUnderlord said:
creating a 1 year time limit (have to be a member for at least 1 year) before you can vote prevents most alt vote spamming.
That won't stop long-time idiots, or those who have a slew of old alts (I'm sure they took that precaution).

Mainly to head off a lot of the complaints about retarded threads not being retardo'd.
I thought the complaints were that too many threads are being retardo'ed.

Hory

Erudite
There are 7 threads in GD marked as retarded right now. And it's understandable. If I were a mod, I would still retardo threads based on my judgement rather than the consensus. Changing your standards based on the majority is wishy-washy. Phase #3 or nothing!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom