Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You will have noticed two buttons...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is a trial.

It is only in GD.

At this time it's only feature is that the more votes cast in favour of a topic, the longer it will stick around. The more votes cast against a topic, the quicker it will be pushed down.

Not all of you cast equal votes.

Enjoy!

Fritz Haber

Educated
It seems I can't cast any vote. They just taunt me while I'm not logged in.
It's demeaning.

relootz

Scholar
I don't even see them. Must be a jewhoax.

Yep only works when not logged-in.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't like the console popamole 4chan "epic" button.

I don't like the system either.

relootz

Scholar
Why must people always say if they approve or disapprove?

It doesn't make any difference, this is not a democracy, it's a despotism via an oligarchy

relootz

Scholar
Clockwork Knight said:
^Yeah, we don't really need butthurt people making thousands of alts for voting purposes.

and what does this mean?

Not all of you cast equal votes.

People ignored by too many users won't be considered?

This is an outrage :x

Andhaira

Arcane
FIrst of all, its a good idea. However, there needs to be a middle ground.

Also, will the thread stick around even if there are no new replies?

Andhaira

Arcane
Hmm, it appears that now threads in GD do not get bumped when there is a new reply posted. Now all that will keep a thread on the front page is the vote.

However this line of thought is flawed. What if the topic is excellent but people simply do not vote?

I suggest hefty improvements to this feature DU. Also, I just voted in a couple of threads but it did not cause them to be bumped.

Andhaira

Arcane
Another thing, when you vote in a thread it takes you to the "You have Voted" page, but then returns you to the topic. There should be an option to return to the forum instead of returning to the same thread.

The next logical step would be to allow gif avatars. I feel that this one embodies the direction in which the codex is currently heading
ngbbs450dcf0fe57f6.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom