Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information You Will Believe a Golden Baby Can Fly: Grimoire on Indiegogo

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
HE IS THAT MADMAN!!!

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
jewboy Graphics would look shity if they were early 3-D like MMs were, 2D done in cartonish style on other hand will look good in 2032 when all those Skyrims, Twichers and Crisises will look as dated as those computer animations from ''Money for Nothing''. Will donate as soon as DarkUnderlord will set up donation drive for this on Codex.... With Neanderthal Tag :smug:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Will donate as soon as DarkUnderlord will set up donation drive for this on Codex.... With Neanderthal Tag :smug:
We have 120 days, so as soon as P:E is over, I'm waiting a month and then doing a Codex server drive. Then when that's done, there should be plenty of time to do something for Grimoire, if there's still enough interest around then.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
While I don't give a fig about fantasy RPG's, this is how a pitch video should be done. Simply amazing and other Kickstarter enthusiasts should take notes from this.

Also, Cleve sounds awfully American. o_O

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
How much is shipping? Are the costs already covered in the tiers?

They are supposed to be covered in the tiers.

My sources indicated 99% of orders would be around $10 or thereabouts to ship ...

OHMIGAWD WHAT HAVE I DONE :rage:

No, but seriously, what are we talking about? Where are these people living that they need a specially licensed subcontractor with a jetpack strapped to his back to deliver this small envelope of goods to them? The Sahara? Secret martian colony? Ocean floor?

Morkar Left

No, but seriously, what are we talking about? Where are these people living that they need a specially licensed subcontractor with a jetpack strapped to his back to deliver this small envelope of goods to them? The Sahara? Secret martian colony? Ocean floor?

Without confirmation: 39,60 AUD (around 31,20 €) Sea Mail up to 2 kg to Germany (of course I mean with manual and guide)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
While I don't give a fig about fantasy RPG's, this is how a pitch video should be done. Simply amazing and other Kickstarter enthusiasts should take notes from this.

Also, Cleve sounds awfully American. o_O

If you listen here you will notice the peculiar pitch and strange nasal warble of Von Braun, sounds like my immediate brother or a close member of my family. Conrad Zuse, Mike and Robert Mentzer, many, many others with similar pitch and "style" to speech. To be perfectly honest, the astonishing resemblance in all regards would be obvious to anyone not brain dead for past 40,000 years. It's a mystery with the answer in plain sight.

"The Look"

220px-Wernher_von_Braun_crop.jpg

I reckon if I combed my hair the same way that when I was thinner I could have gotten past the security at the gate of NASA in 1963 dressed like Von Braun and nobody would have stopped me. The resemblance is uncanny and he would appear to be at least very closely related to me. Of course the really obvious explanation is that all Amud adult males tended to look like they had come from a clone machine.

Guy Williams from "Lost in Space" - may have been cast for part because producers realized unconsciously how closely he looked like Von Braun :

tve18427-31-201.jpg

My doppleganger. The Amud, sir. The secret Neanderthal of whom we dare not speak. A couple million years of genetic selection will produce this kind of consistency. It is obvious what sort of males the Neanderthal females preferred for mates. Strong, simple, bright and without guile. They liked the voice higher in pitch and mellifluous, good for putting children and women at ease. You can't argue with a million years.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jay went with a bad price point and wasn't able to get the Holy Grail of Steam approval.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm moving until May 2013, so I'll be probably asking you to send the $100 tier to my parents house... in Brazil's countryside.

Good luck to both of us. :salute:

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'm still trying to figure out where the Melonheads come in. Sometimes they sound like good guys and sometimes they sound like the greatest threat. That's before you get into the Children of Esau and how Neanderthals owe Jacob. These need to be Easter Eggs added separate from all the revenge npcs that Cleve will put in after stewing in Calvin Barkmore for nearly 14 years.

mondblut

Arcane
Jay went with a bad price point and wasn't able to get the Holy Grail of Steam approval.

Not to mention his game wasn't exactly good, with its only USP - beyond being a substandart blobber no one would bother with back in 1992 or even 1997 - being "lol, we're webcomic characters who make funny faces and talk like order of the stick", of all things. I stopped playing right after leaving the first village, and never had an urge to resume it.

Grimoire, OTOH, *is* a genre classic easily on par with Wizardry 6. I dunno about today, but 15 years ago it would go right there to the blobber hall of fame.

Xi

Arcane
I couldn't stop watching! That was hilarious, entertaining, and informative. I hope he gets a Million Jew Gold for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom