Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

XCOM - Don't Stop Believing

Jason

chasing a bee
Here's some screenshots, some that were in the article and some I didn't see before. Not a single one calls to mind X-COM in any way, shape, or form.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
- An anomaly!
- Shoot it!
- *bang* *bang* *bang*
- Good job guys, let's go back to base.

Anybody else feeling this will be another dumb shooter?

Angthoron

Arcane
Anyone have a feeling that it won't be?

And man those screenshots are ugly. So much oily bump-mapping and bloom and uncanny valleys.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Jason said:
Here's some screenshots, some that were in the article and some I didn't see before. Not a single one calls to mind X-COM in any way, shape, or form.
Ok, now I completely don't understand why they call it X-Com. It seems that they put a lot of work into their own setting and they try to make it a "reimagining" of another setting which basically was a campy 5 minutes in the future sci-fi. Where's any logic in it?
It looks much more like something inspired by H.P. Lovecraft than by X-Com.

They are creating a game with their own setting with completely different gameplay and are naming it X-Com. Are they retarded or something? Did Bioshock sell poorly?

spectre

Arcane
It looks much more like something inspired by H.P. Lovecraft than by X-Com.

Cue Terror from the deep finale (-:

Seriously though, these screenshots look like shit, crappy models with crappy effects (feeling a bit skyway today?).

Kinda puzzling, why they cal it xcom though, looks ealry to mid XX century themed to me. Not necessary a bad thing.

Fez

Erudite
I can't say I'm getting much of a X-COM vibe so far. It might be an okay FPS but it's still sad to see the old name attached to it while we're waiting for a faithful sequel.

Achilles

Arcane
spectre said:
Seriously though, these screenshots look like shit, crappy models with crappy effects (feeling a bit skyway today?).

It's not skywayism, the pics do look like shit. Stupid bastards can't even rip off Bioshock properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom