Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

rvm1975

Educated
NPHwdzd9v98.jpg

latest DLC :)

Zeriel

Arcane
Okay, so Long War Studios finally released some of the major mods they were teasing:

XCOM 2 Gets New LWS ‘Perk’ and ‘Laser Pack’ Mods
Share Tweet Post
PREV
LaserSquadPromo_Hangar.jpg

Hello, Commander. One of our resistance cells, Long War Studios, has promised new tools to help us combat ADVENT and the alien menace. Starting today, XCOM soldiers will have new laser-based weapons to equip, as well as a complete reworking of classes and Abilities to employ in XCOM 2.

The “Perk Pack” and “Laser Pack” mods are available for download through the XCOM 2 Steam Workshop right now. Simply head over to the Long War Studios section of Steam Workshop here and subscribe to the new mods. They will then be automatically downloaded through your Steam client.

Here’s a rundown of the new mods:

ShinobiPerkPackPromo.jpg

“Perk Pack” Mod
  • Choice of three perks per promotion rank instead of two
  • More than 70 new and reworked Abilities that can be assigned to soldiers, gear or aliens
  • Reworks the four base classes into seven, including the assault, gunner and shinobi, or create your own class
  • Adds ten new PCS items, each granting a unique ability
  • Support for more than 15 active abilities in the tactical UI
LaserRiflePromo.jpg

“Laser Pack” Mod
  • Adds a new laser tier of XCOM weaponry, which includes a new variant for the assault rifle, shotgun, cannon, sniper rifle, pistol and SMG, plus all attachments
  • Mod includes models, textures, particle effects and sounds
  • Tier exists between magnetic and beam tiers, with two new technologies
LaserRifleFiringPromo.jpg

laser_w_names.jpg
That’s it for this update, Commander.

Now seems like as good a time as any to list the mods I recommend for second or further playthroughs after you want more difficulty and variety. So without further ado, here I go. The names are the ones they use in the launcher for the game. If you have the game on Steam, you should be able to find them on the workshop.

Quality of life mods

Stop wasting my time -- A from-launch mod that originally removed a ton of long animation delays that were associated with most abilities and actions. I'm not sure how much it still does after the patch that added Zip Mode (which, by the way, you SHOULD be using), but I still use it.

Overwatch All/Others -- Self explanatory. A nice convenience for when you are camping on the maps without timers, or if you use a mod that extends or removes timers.

Instant Avenger Menus -- A serious MVP QOL mod. Removes all those slow camera panning effects and delays when moving between base menus and rooms. Also has the effect of making the geoscape feel like it is performing a lot better.

Mission Time Remaining -- This one is fantastic. Once you've played with it for a while it feels like it was always intended to be part of the UI. Knowing exactly how much time there is left until a scan site will disappear forever is a game-changing feature, but in a good way.

Evac All -- This one is even more optional than Overwatch. I wouldn't say its crucial, but if you like moving all your soldiers into the evac zone before giving the order to evac you might like the convenience.

Quick Reload -- In vanilla XCOM 2, the reload animation for every particular soldier has to finish playing before the next queued ability will run. This fixes that oversight. Absolute 100% required mod for multiple playthroughs unless you love having your time wasted.

Armor Variety -- A purely cosmetic mod that lets you equip your soldiers with the looks of any armor in the game, regardless of what they are actually wearing. This allows you to use NPC-only outfits, too, like the high heels some NPCs are wearing or the suit & tie outfit seen on VIPs or the newscasters during cutscenes. There are alternatives to this one, but I like it best.

Gameplay Mods

Configurable Mission Timers -- Do you hate timers? Well, this is the mod for you. While you can configure it in the inis, the default behavior is to increase mission timers by 4 turns. So if you just want missions to be a little less "rush rush rush" (or simply hate the occasional RNG with map generation where a VIP mission is literally impossible to do in the timer), there's no need to configure, just plug and play.

More Maps Pack/World Expansion Project/Maps By Vozati/etc -- There's a ton of different map mods on the Workshop. If you want more maps, you should install them all. The way maps are structured in the game all map mods are inherently compatible.

Long War Toolbox -- This little mod offers a bunch of minor features like more fine-grained customization of the camera rotation, but the real reason you probably want to install it is that it allows real-time adjustment of the base squad size during the geoscape, accessed through the gameplay options menu. It also changes the UI for squad deployment to support larger squad sizes.

Xylth's Crit Chance Change -- In XCOM 2, hit and crit chance are a unified roll. That is to say, if an alien has a 10% chance to hit you, and a 10% chance to crit you, every hit they get will be a crit, rather than an additional roll to see if they crit or not. This mod reduces crit chance by a scaling amount based on how low your aim is. At 85% aim, there is no penalty. Below that number, it slowly starts to degrade crit chance. I find this more impactful than the EU aim rolls mod, but it's up to you which you prefer.

It's Just A Spark -- An edit of the "It's Just A Scratch" mod to be compatible with Shen's Gift DLC. It's Just a Scratch (and this) restores the Long War wound-related feature where your soldiers are only wounded if the damage taken during a mission starts to harm their base health. In other words, in base XCOM 2 any damage at all is a wound. With this mod, a character with 5 base HP and 5 from armor will not be wounded if they only take 5 damage.

Can't Execute Rulers -- A minor mod, but a nice one if you actually wanted Rulers to be a respectable threat. Repeaters can no longer insta-kill Rulers. That's it.

A Better Advent -- This is a big mod. Does more for your gameplay experience than all the other mods listed so far put together. A Better Advent essentially redesigns almost every Advent enemy in the game, offering multiple variations on every enemy, and plumping out the Advent roster in particular. You'll find advent soldiers with shotguns, early armor pips, or sniper rifles. Sectoids who do not use PSI but prefer to fire their plasma pistols (and do not have melee weakness) will spawn from the first mission. Etc. HUGE difficulty spike for the beginning of the game, and moderate overall, so it's a great mod to both make things fresh again and to counteract all the mods that hand XCOM more power.

A Better Advent: Better Pods -- Increases the size of enemy squads with A Better Advent. That's it. A good addition if you change XCOM's default squad size, or get bored in the base game.

Grimy's Loot Mod -- Here's the other major, HUGE mod you definitely want to at least be aware of. Loot Mod adds a fuckton of mods (i.e, slottable upgrades) for every item type in the game. These are defined by rarity in terms of power and drop chance. It adds lootboxes as a core mechanic to the game, which require research time to open, which does a long way to fix the vanilla game's notorious problem of eventually having nothing to use your research department for. It was inspired by Diablo. Normally I'd consider that a black mark of shame, but this mod is actually really good for making the game feel fresh and fun again. It gives XCOM a lot of increased power, but A Better Advent can offset that. There's a definite joy to slotting upgrades into your gremlins or grenade launchers. More customization is never bad, right? Well, I recommend this mod without reservation. Just make sure you use something like A Better Advent to counterbalance it. Also, pay attention to the next mod. It's important.

Mod Everything -- Lets you put upgrades into any item type. Required for Grimy's Loot Mod, and really I wouldn't use this mod without Grimy's Loot Mod, since that's the only mod that actually adds the items you'd need to slot into anything but weapons.

Grimy's Loot Mod -- Alien Rulers -- Adds Alien Rulers loot (and mods) to the loot table of the Loot Mod. If you think mods for the Rulers weapons is too OP (which is a totally understandable opinion), you may want to skip this mod.

Safer Hacking -- A matter of taste. Do you hate how shitty hacking felt for most of the vanilla game? Well, this removes the burdensome penalties of failing hacks. Instead of making the enemy tougher for rolling the dice wrong, you'll just waste an action and get the smaller penalties (being revealed, attracting enemies, etc). This definitely makes the game easier, but considering how the default playstyle with hacking in Iron-Man was just to never go for risky hacks, this may be a good thing.

That's it for now. What about overhauls? Well, we just recently got our first mostly-complete one of any worth: Spectrum. It's still in a very beta/alpha-y stage, however. If people want to know more about it, I'll write a post about it in particular. It has a LOT of details and stuff to cover, so I didn't want to do that here.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Meh.

While these little mods are fine, it's a shit way to craft a coherent experience. That's what made long war work(sorta at least).

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, I mostly agree. Lots of small mods is more resistant to disaster, though.

(Picture an X2 mod community where only Long War was making mods. I'd argue the end result might feel better for most of us, but if they stopped making mods we'd be screwed.)

There's no chance X2 will be abandoned by modders. And we're still early in the game's release cycle if you think about it. After an expansion is released and some time passes, I think we might end up seeing overall mod packages that put Long War (EU) to shame.

the mods I recommend for second or further playthroughs after you want more difficulty and variety.
this i don't understand and never will.
my first impact with jagged alliance 2 has been with 1.13 too, and all its countless weapons. i'd have NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER traded 1.13 for vanilla. EVER. vanilla is clearly inferior, why would i suffer through something inferior when i can have something else better already?

Zeriel

Arcane
the mods I recommend for second or further playthroughs after you want more difficulty and variety.
my first impact with jagged alliance 2 has been with 1.13 too, and all its countless weapons. i'd have NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER traded 1.13 for vanilla. EVER. vanilla is clearly inferior, why would i suffer through something inferior when i can have something else better already?

It's helpful to understand what the original game was like. Design decisions just won't make much sense out of context. For example, at a base level enemies' stats in X2 can be assumed to have been tuned around the fact there are timers. Enemy numbers by the squad size. Etc.

Also in terms of difficulty, that tends to scale with experience. Someone who has never beaten the game before is going to have a very, very different understanding of what "difficult" means compared to someone who has beaten it on L+I 5 times.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now seems like as good a time as any to list the mods I recommend for second or further playthroughs after you want more difficulty and variety. So without further ado, here I go. The names are the ones they use in the launcher for the game. If you have the game on Steam, you should be able to find them on the workshop.

Quality of life mods

Stop wasting my time -- A from-launch mod that originally removed a ton of long animation delays that were associated with most abilities and actions. I'm not sure how much it still does after the patch that added Zip Mode (which, by the way, you SHOULD be using), but I still use it.

Overwatch All/Others -- Self explanatory. A nice convenience for when you are camping on the maps without timers, or if you use a mod that extends or removes timers.

Instant Avenger Menus -- A serious MVP QOL mod. Removes all those slow camera panning effects and delays when moving between base menus and rooms. Also has the effect of making the geoscape feel like it is performing a lot better.

Mission Time Remaining -- This one is fantastic. Once you've played with it for a while it feels like it was always intended to be part of the UI. Knowing exactly how much time there is left until a scan site will disappear forever is a game-changing feature, but in a good way.

Evac All -- This one is even more optional than Overwatch. I wouldn't say its crucial, but if you like moving all your soldiers into the evac zone before giving the order to evac you might like the convenience.

Quick Reload -- In vanilla XCOM 2, the reload animation for every particular soldier has to finish playing before the next queued ability will run. This fixes that oversight. Absolute 100% required mod for multiple playthroughs unless you love having your time wasted.

Armor Variety -- A purely cosmetic mod that lets you equip your soldiers with the looks of any armor in the game, regardless of what they are actually wearing. This allows you to use NPC-only outfits, too, like the high heels some NPCs are wearing or the suit & tie outfit seen on VIPs or the newscasters during cutscenes. There are alternatives to this one, but I like it best.

Gameplay Mods

Configurable Mission Timers -- Do you hate timers? Well, this is the mod for you. While you can configure it in the inis, the default behavior is to increase mission timers by 4 turns. So if you just want missions to be a little less "rush rush rush" (or simply hate the occasional RNG with map generation where a VIP mission is literally impossible to do in the timer), there's no need to configure, just plug and play.

More Maps Pack/World Expansion Project/Maps By Vozati/etc -- There's a ton of different map mods on the Workshop. If you want more maps, you should install them all. The way maps are structured in the game all map mods are inherently compatible.

Long War Toolbox -- This little mod offers a bunch of minor features like more fine-grained customization of the camera rotation, but the real reason you probably want to install it is that it allows real-time adjustment of the base squad size during the geoscape, accessed through the gameplay options menu. It also changes the UI for squad deployment to support larger squad sizes.

Xylth's Crit Chance Change -- In XCOM 2, hit and crit chance are a unified roll. That is to say, if an alien has a 10% chance to hit you, and a 10% chance to crit you, every hit they get will be a crit, rather than an additional roll to see if they crit or not. This mod reduces crit chance by a scaling amount based on how low your aim is. At 85% aim, there is no penalty. Below that number, it slowly starts to degrade crit chance. I find this more impactful than the EU aim rolls mod, but it's up to you which you prefer.

It's Just A Spark -- An edit of the "It's Just A Scratch" mod to be compatible with Shen's Gift DLC. It's Just a Scratch (and this) restores the Long War wound-related feature where your soldiers are only wounded if the damage taken during a mission starts to harm their base health. In other words, in base XCOM 2 any damage at all is a wound. With this mod, a character with 5 base HP and 5 from armor will not be wounded if they only take 5 damage.

Can't Execute Rulers -- A minor mod, but a nice one if you actually wanted Rulers to be a respectable threat. Repeaters can no longer insta-kill Rulers. That's it.

A Better Advent -- This is a big mod. Does more for your gameplay experience than all the other mods listed so far put together. A Better Advent essentially redesigns almost every Advent enemy in the game, offering multiple variations on every enemy, and plumping out the Advent roster in particular. You'll find advent soldiers with shotguns, early armor pips, or sniper rifles. Sectoids who do not use PSI but prefer to fire their plasma pistols (and do not have melee weakness) will spawn from the first mission. Etc. HUGE difficulty spike for the beginning of the game, and moderate overall, so it's a great mod to both make things fresh again and to counteract all the mods that hand XCOM more power.

A Better Advent: Better Pods -- Increases the size of enemy squads with A Better Advent. That's it. A good addition if you change XCOM's default squad size, or get bored in the base game.

Grimy's Loot Mod -- Here's the other major, HUGE mod you definitely want to at least be aware of. Loot Mod adds a fuckton of mods (i.e, slottable upgrades) for every item type in the game. These are defined by rarity in terms of power and drop chance. It adds lootboxes as a core mechanic to the game, which require research time to open, which does a long way to fix the vanilla game's notorious problem of eventually having nothing to use your research department for. It was inspired by Diablo. Normally I'd consider that a black mark of shame, but this mod is actually really good for making the game feel fresh and fun again. It gives XCOM a lot of increased power, but A Better Advent can offset that. There's a definite joy to slotting upgrades into your gremlins or grenade launchers. More customization is never bad, right? Well, I recommend this mod without reservation. Just make sure you use something like A Better Advent to counterbalance it. Also, pay attention to the next mod. It's important.

Mod Everything -- Lets you put upgrades into any item type. Required for Grimy's Loot Mod, and really I wouldn't use this mod without Grimy's Loot Mod, since that's the only mod that actually adds the items you'd need to slot into anything but weapons.

Grimy's Loot Mod -- Alien Rulers -- Adds Alien Rulers loot (and mods) to the loot table of the Loot Mod. If you think mods for the Rulers weapons is too OP (which is a totally understandable opinion), you may want to skip this mod.

Safer Hacking -- A matter of taste. Do you hate how shitty hacking felt for most of the vanilla game? Well, this removes the burdensome penalties of failing hacks. Instead of making the enemy tougher for rolling the dice wrong, you'll just waste an action and get the smaller penalties (being revealed, attracting enemies, etc). This definitely makes the game easier, but considering how the default playstyle with hacking in Iron-Man was just to never go for risky hacks, this may be a good thing.

That's it for now. What about overhauls? Well, we just recently got our first mostly-complete one of any worth: Spectrum. It's still in a very beta/alpha-y stage, however. If people want to know more about it, I'll write a post about it in particular. It has a LOT of details and stuff to cover, so I didn't want to do that here.

Very nice list, but you forgot Gotcha(Flank Preview Evolved) that lets you preview whether you will have flank wherever you plan to move someone, and adds some very nice info, like whether you will have LoS on the objective or not, which saved me countless ironman remote hacking missions.
Not sure it works with Shen's Last gift, though.

Yeah, I mostly agree. Lots of small mods is more resistant to disaster, though.

(Picture an X2 mod community where only Long War was making mods. I'd argue the end result might feel better for most of us, but if they stopped making mods we'd be screwed.)

There's no chance X2 will be abandoned by modders. And we're still early in the game's release cycle if you think about it. After an expansion is released and some time passes, I think we might end up seeing overall mod packages that put Long War (EU) to shame.

Indeed, but another problem with the truckload of minimods is that many are not compatible with some other ones, which can quickly make it very hard to track.

Zeriel

Arcane
I didn't list everything I have in my mods list, or everything people should know about. Just the ones I actually use whenever I play. For some reason, I have never put some of the UI mods that drastically change the basic look of the game (i.e numeric health display) into constant rotation. They are nice and I know some people swear by them, I guess I am just a traditionalist about how the game looks.

Regarding Gotcha, for some reason it was giving me hard crashes to desktop whenever I tried to use it and start a new game, so I avoided it. In theory it looks like a nice mod, though.

Indeed, but another problem with the truckload of minimods is that many are not compatible with some other ones, which can quickly make it very hard to track.

I thought this was going to be a MAJOR problem before release and right after, but it turns out the mods are weirdly compatible, even when you think they wouldn't be. I've only seen one or two cases of this not being the case, and that was usually the modders being full pants-on-head retarded. One example I saw was a mod that doubled enemy squad sizes but included the guy's inis for every single fucking thing in the game, which was not only unneeded, but would overwrite any other mods that used those inis (so, everything).

But if a mod has good ratings, that's unlikely to be the case.

Edit: I'm STILL mega-ultra-super pissed that music modding has not been easy. It seems like it's more trivial to add new mission types than change the fucking playlist of music in this game. I wish someone would figure out where the triggers are for music already, so we could actually add some real atmosphere to the game. Just using winamp to play XCOM Apocalypse's OST during X2 drastically improves the feel of the game, it's a shame we can't crowbar that into the actual game.

Last edited:

It's helpful to understand what the original game was like. Design decisions just won't make much sense out of context. For example, at a base level enemies' stats in X2 can be assumed to have been tuned around the fact there are timers. Enemy numbers by the squad size. Etc.

Also in terms of difficulty, that tends to scale with experience. Someone who has never beaten the game before is going to have a very, very different understanding of what "difficult" means compared to someone who has beaten it on L+I 5 times.

get good or get the fuck out.
i jumped straight from x-com to jagged alliance 2 1.13 and finished it anyway. am i some kind of superhuman genius? no.

ArchAngel

Arcane
These new mods are very exciting, I have to try this. I am just sad that most of the UI mods are not being updated on Nexus...

ArchAngel

Arcane
After this class and perk mod I think I will never play basic Xcom 2 again :D
Started over on L/I and so far it is fun.

Mazisky

Magister
I wait the Alien PAck from Long War Studios, next mod is supposed to add new enemies, playing now with perks feels a bit op unless you go on legendary with difficult mods

Zeriel

Arcane
I wait the Alien PAck from Long War Studios, next mod is supposed to add new enemies, playing now with perks feels a bit op unless you go on legendary with difficult mods

That's why I recommend A Better Advent, and A Better Advent - Better Pods if even that isn't enough.

Curious to see what LWS alien pack will be like--legit awesomeness like the perk pack with tons of enemies, or a rehash of the alien centurion pack which was pretty fucking lame?

vmar

Savant
ABA really is a must have, makes the game a lot more interesting.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

i jumped straight from x-com to jagged alliance 2 1.13 and finished it anyway. am i some kind of superhuman genius? no.

get the fuck out of where? I don't see how people playing in a different way than you negatively impacts your experience.

Different preferences are different. Personally, like Zeriel, I like to see what vanilla is like to appreciated the changes the mods make. Understanding and appreciating the improvements Long War made to vanilla EU increased my enjoyment of it. I wouldn't want to "go back", sure, but starting with vanilla so that when you move on to mods you understand the what they do better is a different proposition. It is progressing from a simpler version to a more complex version.

Also, as simpler is not always inferior, you can't always know if gameplay changes are improvements, degradations or simply parallel experiences without playing the original. For example, if the changes give the player additional tools but do not provide comparable advantages to the enemy, then the game is more complex. However, it is also easier. For some people this may be an improvement, but for experienced players this is a degradation. Jagged Alliance 1.13 and Long War are both examples of well thought out, complex changes to the original game which include more effective enemies and additional tools for the player to deal with those enemies. I have not yet gone very deep into XCOM 2 mods, but it seems that they are more granular. Some strengthen the player, some strengthen the enemy. Therefore, in order to maintain the desired level of challenge, it helps understand what is being added to the game.

Not everyone cares about these reasons to play the vanilla version along with improved versions, and that is fine. Some people do and that is fine too.

vmar

Savant
Yep, I have a greater appreciation of what a good mod does after playing vanilla at least once or twice, and that goes for any game.

Mazisky

Magister

That's why I recommend A Better Advent, and A Better Advent - Better Pods if even that isn't enough.

Curious to see what LWS alien pack will be like--legit awesomeness like the perk pack with tons of enemies, or a rehash of the alien centurion pack which was pretty fucking lame?

They already said it will be the same "pool" of the Centurion Muton but with 9 addes enemies so we 'll probably see elite\special version of almost all aliens, with new abilites aswell. Like ABA but with new skills and better visuals

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
When the hell Terror from the Deep 2 is coming out?
I can't wait to laugh at the game's artistic direction and lack of creepy Lovecraftian atmosphere the original had.

ArchAngel

Arcane
But the perk pack is supposed to add new perks to aliens as well? At least it seems to say that in description.. I did notice the game is a bit easier at start than before when I tried L/I with vanilla, but I don't care. I am having fun and this is my first successful L/I run :D

In the future when better advent and more alien pods mods are updated on Nexus I might try those as well and also increase my squad size to 6 base and 8 max. I want to take one of each new classes in my group + Psi soldier :)

Zeriel

Arcane
But the perk pack is supposed to add new perks to aliens as well? At least it seems to say that in description.. I did notice the game is a bit easier at start than before when I tried L/I with vanilla, but I don't care. I am having fun and this is my first successful L/I run :D

In the future when better advent and more alien pods mods are updated on Nexus I might try those as well and also increase my squad size to 6 base and 8 max. I want to take one of each new classes in my group + Psi soldier :)

If people want certain mods that are not on the Nexus, I could upload them. There's nothing stopping Workshop mods from being used without Workshop, it's just a matter of convenience. Speaking of psi soldiers, the psi rookie mod is nice. I find you usually don't use psi until the game is pretty much over, it's nice to get them earlier--even if it invalidates the psi research project and is kind of OP.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, I still managed to fail the L/I run even with new classes, they are not so OP afterall :D
My troops got slowly bled out of top level ones and then even magnetic weapons could not help me with corporal/squaddy teams so I had to give up on the run after few months :(
The fail started when I miscliked my assault soldier that turned what should have been a 100% kill into him wasting both action to stand in open and then die from a critical :(
After that the whole mission went bust and I lost 4/5 of my best guys. Then I wasn't lucky enough to get others to level up fast enough in other missions. And I never got to 6 squad members when it was needed.

baturinsky

Arcane
Half of those quality of life mods can b replaced by the using of keys and knowing that you can tab to another soldier at any moment. So, Evac All is 3+Tab*number of soldiers, Overwatch All is Y*number of soldiers

ArchAngel

Arcane
Half of those quality of life mods can b replaced by the using of keys and knowing that you can tab to another soldier at any moment. So, Evac All is 3+Tab*number of soldiers, Overwatch All is Y*number of soldiers
Yes but it is much more irritating.

As for this Long War Mod, only early game skill I would consider OP is Assault's Close Combat Specialist. Give him a shotgun, put him forward into heavy cover and see him shotgun all the fool aliens moving around :D

typical user

Arbiter
I would advise to avoid any sort of mods which add new classes, edit perks, change tech tree or generally shift balance as the game is really tight in that manner. If you add new building with new tech like Officer School from Long War Studios or whatever that mod was then either it will be OP and you will rush it every time or you will avoid it as you will focus on more pressuring matters. Same goes for the timers, if you increase them then you will have old XCOM "no enemies after first actions spent, then overwatch all".

Best to tread carefully and only use mods which overhaul whole game like Long War mod as otherwise you will ruin the balance and make game trivial or impossible to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom