Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Brinko

Arcane
hswAEtp.jpg

New Achievements snuck into the game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods

LONG WAR STUDIOS CREATING MORE XCOM 2 MODS

Long War Studios, the creators of the Long War mod for XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within, is working on more mods forXCOM 2. This is in addition to the three mods the studio made available for the game at launch: the SMG, Muton Centurion and Leader soldier class.

Long War Studios’ next mod, called “Toolbox,” is available to download on Steam Workshop for free starting today and features a collection of new options in the game menu. Using “Toolbox,” players can configure camera rotation in tactical missions, create random stats for new soldiers or those who have leveled up, edit damage values, tweak the game UI and turn on Red Fog – a modifier where injuries can affect a soldier’s stats.

Here’s a list of everything included in the “Toolbox” mod:
  • Configurable camera rotation in tactical missions
  • Damage variation
  • Random stats for new soldiers
  • Random stats on level-ups
  • UI that shows soldier stats in various menus
  • UI and other support for up to 12-soldier squads
  • Red Fog (injuries affect stats)
Additionally, Long War Studios is working on four more mods that will be available to download on Steam Workshop for free over the coming months. The second mod will be the “Perk Pack” mod, which will be a solder class construction kit. The “Laser Pack” mod is the third mod and will be a new weapon tier coming out the same day as the “Perk Pack”. The fourth mod that will be coming to XCOM 2 is the “Alien Pack” mod and will add 10 new alien enemies. The fifth and last mod from the Long War Studios team is still in the works and we’ll be sharing more details soon.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's awesome actually. Especially the 10 new aliens and new classes and stuff...
I'm wondering if Firaxis is actually paying these guys to create mods

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
That's awesome actually. Especially the 10 new aliens and new classes and stuff...

I think so, Long War Studios is a Business entity with a team so I'm guessing this is Firaxis's way to basically provide free post-release content while their team works on a sequel or whatever. More studios should do this, especially Bethesda.

Tytus

Arcane

I think so, Long War Studios is a Business entity with a team so I'm guessing this is Firaxis's way to basically provide free post-release content while their team works on a sequel or whatever. More studios should do this, especially Bethesda.

They need it too. Long War Studios is working on their own game Terra Invicta. I hope those Firaxis funds will go into Terra Invicta. I want that game finished and not be abandonware.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc

DANGEROUS RULER ALIENS AWAIT IN XCOM 2’S ALIEN HUNTERS DLC

reneli0621_alienhunters_keyart_yyzabc369.jpg

Alien Hunters, the second DLC pack coming to XCOM 2, adds exciting new gameplay content to your campaign. Available on May 12 for $9.99 or as part of the Reinforcement Pack, Alien Hunters features a narrative-driven mission, new weapons and armor, a new “Hunter’s Lodge” update to the Avenger’s Armory, plus three new “Ruler” alien units to combat.

These new Rulers, including the Viper King, are quite formidable, Commander. They will show up at random in your campaign, once you’ve completed the new narrative mission, and each will have their own unique behavior and tactics, so don’t expect them to act like their subordinates. If you can’t take out a ruler quick enough, the alien will escape to fight another day. We believe these rulers are incredibly intelligent and are pursuing your soldiers across the globe.

You won’t be without help in this new fight, however, as Alien Hunters also includes four new one-of-a-kind weapons: the Bolt Caster, a high damage single-shot weapon; the Hunter’s Axe, a powerful new blade weapon that can be thrown at enemies or used to dispatch foes at close range; the ShadowKeeper pistol, which has the Shadowfall ability that is guaranteed to hit and will place its user in concealment if the enemy is killed; and the Frost Bomb grenade, which is able to temporarily freeze targets. Chief Shen has asked us to point out that each of these weapons is a prototype, so if a soldier equipping any of these weapons falls in battle, be sure to physically carry them to the Skyranger or else you’ll lose the weapons forever.

On top of the new weapons, there are also three new suits of armor that can be unlocked in Alien Hunters. Each armor set is created from the corpse of a Ruler alien, and provides unique tactical abilities for the wearer. Each unique armor set also strikes fear into the subordinate alien caste. For example, the Icarus Suit is outfitted with powerful boosters that allow its wearer to fly around the map for maximum mobility.

Alien Hunters will also include a compatibility patch for XCOM 2. This patch will include authentication for Alien Hunters, as well as general bug fixes, balancing in the single player, performance optimizations and a rebalanced multiplayer experience for the base game.

Alien Hunters requires XCOM 2 to play and launches on May 12 (May 13 for Asia) for $9.99. If you already own the Reinforcement Pack, do not purchase this DLC separately as you will be charged for it.

That’s it for this update, Commander. Be sure to follow XCOM on Twitter and Like XCOM on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest information on XCOM 2. If you’re looking to enlist with the Resistance, follow XCOM 2 on Steam Community and join the 2K Forums!

Zeriel

Arcane
Huh, interesting. They namedropped "cryo" grenades at E3 as one of the grenades they would have at release. Looks like they cut it for the DLC.

Alien Hunters will also include a compatibility patch for XCOM 2. This patch will include authentication for Alien Hunters, as well as general bug fixes, balancing in the single player, performance optimizations and a rebalanced multiplayer experience for the base game.

This is the real good news.

Mark Richard

Arcane
It looks as if rulers are designed to be a persistent thorn in the player’s side and cause some actual mission failures to really bring about a sense of satisfaction when they finally go down. Jake Solomon is dropping some tidbits from his Twitter account:

‘As to the new "Ruler" aliens, let's just say we had to create a whole new unit UI to accommodate all of their hit points.’

‘You aren't going to kill the Alien Rulers in one fight. They'll kill plenty of you, though.’

‘Alien Rulers have massive health, new abilities, and persist across multiple missions. But my favorite thing about them is still a secret.’

Zetor

Arcane
Seems like it incentivizes using smaller squads. Otherwise each squaddie has to survive 6 Ruler turns before he can move again.
Can have a psi op stasis them while everyone sets up a killzone with proxy mines, OW, etc. If they're immune to stasis, it'll probably be a gimmick fight like the Bellower in Banner Saga (which used the same mechanic) where your less useful soldiers weaken the boss / destroy cover and then have them sit there unused, while your leet sniper sitting in a safe location deadeyes him for half his health bar at a time.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So, who wants to make bets until how many days after DLC release someone posts a video where they kill a ruler in one fight?

Luka-boy

Arcane
There will be plenty of videos of rulers being killed in a single fight within the release day for sure. Hell, if Firaxis gives preview copies of the DLC to youtubers we'll get videos of that before the actual release.

Mark Richard

Arcane
There’s a mini-blog series on the official XCOM 2 website (Age Gated, just say you’re The Highlander or something) that goes into more detail on the alien rulers. The Viper King and Berserker Queen have been revealed. Still waiting on the third one, it might even be out later today. Killing the rulers outright on a first try is virtually impossible because of their ability to take a turn after every soldier's turn instead of waiting for the entire squad to finish.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wait, did they hire the guy from Honest Trailers to do the narration? That moment when parody and reality become indistinguishable :lol:

Tytus

Arcane
Wait, did they hire the guy from Honest Trailers to do the narration? That moment when parody and reality become indistinguishable :lol:

You do relize that Honest Trailer guy played the Councilor in both games right? XCOM EU/EW and XCOM2. He does narration as the character from the games. Stop being a dumbfuck and think/check before you post.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
No I don't and I don't care you fucking moron :lol: I prefer to play open x-com over this pop a mole crap.
What difference does it make anyway, this trailer is indistinguishable from parody stuff like Honest Trailers and the likes, the fact that this really is the honest trailer guy just reinforces my point.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
No I don't and I don't care you fucking moron :lol: I prefer to play open x-com over this pop a mole crap.
What difference does it make anyway, this trailer is indistinguishable from parody stuff like Honest Trailers and the likes, the fact that this really is the honest trailer guy just reinforces my point.

That's because xcom 2 is a joke of the original ufo.

Zeriel

Arcane
I haven't played the singleplayer DLC because rulers look pretty lame, but they DID finally fix multiplayer. Everything works smoothly, no desync issues at all, less buggy than EU/EW, and a lot of the balance issues were resolved. Too bad almost no one plays it.

So, who wants to make bets until how many days after DLC release someone posts a video where they kill a ruler in one fight?

They can be one-shotted by repeaters, so... yep.

Mazisky

Magister
Jesus christ i like the game but they fucked up with the last patch and now ALL the windows glass are unbreakable with the before-shooting animation.

Before patch it was a random glitch that happened sometimes, now ALWAYS.

Also, they completely erased all personell on the avenger view, but i found a fix.

Someone can confirm this?

Mazisky

Magister
They need to fix it, it's totally annoying, looks weird and it is immersion breaking. I'll wait till next patch (and Dlc) to restart a playtrough

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom