Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

800 HP enemies? Wow, almost enough that you'd need two people to kill it in melee.

Given that we trounced that mage mission and this is presumably easier, I figured we should check it out. Description seems... pretty easy, honestly. Provided we have trained ubers (and we do, especially Lenneth) beating up a bunch of poorly armed researchers or whatever should be a cakewalk, much like the party missions. I wonder if we could send Luka in? That'd be beyond busted. I should probably worry about voodoo defense too; they might include espers as 'poorly armed' for all I know. Shame Gandalf got taken down, she'd have been perfect for this.
5W7uVby.png
Minor spoiler I'd suggest you read or else you could miss this mission:

IIRC you have to be specifically in the Airbus to do this mission, so have one ready

Other not important spoiler talk:

This is really, really late to unlock this mission, surprised it took this long. It's fairly common to have it unlock before the end of year 1. I don't think it gates any important research, just offers an alternate source of some tech that you've almost certainly long since obtained. But it is a fun mission

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Minor spoiler I'd suggest you read or else you could miss this mission:
IIRC you have to be specifically in the Aircar to do this mission, so have one ready

Other not important spoiler talk:

This is really, really late to unlock this mission, surprised it took this long. It's fairly common to have it unlock before the end of year 1. I don't think it gates any important research, just offers an alternate source of some tech that you've almost certainly long since obtained. But it is a fun mission
Re the first:
has to be airbus, not aircar.

Re the second:
Took me a long time to unlock as well. You need to interrogate an esper for it, and at least for me, only places I found espers is the 1000 infamy terror missions, and stuff that is gated behind either this mission or already having an esper. High end academy craft as well (like base assaults), but I also didn't get any of those early.

It kinda does gate important research. Iirc, there are two missions types that are blocked by by it, and the X questline as a whole has a lot of juicy stuff.

Oh, right, meant to say that craft. Fixed it.

esper interrogation doesn't sound right to me, I remember getting that mission super early once. But it does seem to require that now, so maybe they've changed at some point?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Oh, right, meant to say that craft. Fixed it.

esper interrogation doesn't sound right to me, I remember getting that mission super early once. But it does seem to require that now, so maybe they've changed at some point?
I think you can get lucky and stumble upon a high ranking enemy early. There are also some rare events that give you a random research, which could proc esper?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Hoo boy, it's gonna be a long one.

First thing of note: I finished off an escape tower mission by having Lightbane possess the dog inside the craft and maul everyone to death, rather than cut my way in. Two discoveries; the first is that 'bugeye voodoo' counts as a weapon for the purpose of titles, and the second is that kills made with possessed enemies are credited to the unit that possessed them! This makes sense thematically, but I'd have never expected the engine to handle that properly. Very cool. As a result, Lightbane now has the slasher and primal titles.
UoijrRc.png

Found out ninja apc turrets are great for training the gal of steel title. Totally on purpose, of course.
qVMxHCC.png

Very curious about this whole plot/tech line. The way water or space missions would work was somewhat intuitive, but I've got no idea what some hell dimensions might be like, or what sorts of loot or enemies or allies might be accessed through it.
sQnVN37.png

Well this is new. And alarming.
GcAncQL.png

Man, the way camo/stealth is handled is so weird. I somehow have half accuracy to hit this person I know is there who is within my LoS...
OT4rE4u.png

But full accuracy for shooting directly through them.
x6MDLY0.png

Ninjas seem to have upgraded their weaponry. This is one of those fancy heavy carbine things. I think we researched it ourselves, or from a scroll maybe.
JuJiaRA.png

The plasma gun isn't so great vs armored targets (at least if you're not an ogre) but it works just fine on these unarmored ninja gals.
KIOqtw9.png

Altogether a decent result.
gfIrqee.png

Ooh, a proper emp grenade, not a minibomb. That might come in handy. Or we could research it and make more?
wdzqZoP.png

In retrospect, not sure what country they were trying to sway here. Closest one is rogue fields and it's quite far off.
XHOfi5W.png

Man, that particular city cannot catch a break.
asJe1QY.png

Oh, I remembered to recruit the castaway. Tits Randy's 3rd incarnation will surely be the winner.
Jry3H8r.png

Interesting. Would have been nice to know that...
dqUMvrL.png

Before this had already finished. Ah well.
CcKC07W.png

Between the warning from the black mask research and the fact she keeps paying me fucktons of money, I'm thinking this is probably a trap. Mind you, even if it's not, this isn't a high priority right now. As much as I want new voodoo toys, I want to get ahead of the tech game even more, and start clearing out these enemy bases before we're overwhelmed. Going to keep focusing on armor and craft for now, along with more imediate voodoo results.
xhq2wHJ.png

Not exactly an impressive piece of equipment. Maybe it's actually accessible pretty early, or usable in stealth missions or something? I could see it being useful for a ninja built peasant, but they kinda lack the TUs for that...
UMzdsDx.png

Welcome to mutant culling mission number two! Or three? It's the second in this last month at least. Interestingly, the map seems to be a kind of rural area with lots of open space. It's neither the one we got last time, nor the one we got when we did the govt defense mission in this same city. Weird.
KKsEVAj.png

Now that I know what weapons they use and what to use on them (mostly) I'm pretty confident we can win this. I don't quite have a full crew, but we've got 2 gals in mesh armour, Luka, and 3 bugeyes in cybermage gear. Everyone has shields that can totally shrug off the background chem effect, and basically are immune to both chem and bio. The enemies don't have the mundane weapons that would pierce them, so I'm really only concerned about electric damage piercing purple shields, which those weird blue energy beams might be dealing. Also, I've got an idea! Reaction fire can't normall happen upon opening a door because both parties are surprised at once, right? But what if you've got someone with sense watching the door and they see the enemy before they open it? I'll get first strike right?
NT5rCqx.png

These are the guns I'm concerned about. So I'll target the ones wielding them first.
Zo40buB.png

First turn is pretty noisy. Also, I just remembered chrysalids will be here too, and that wand of pain won't do shit to one of them. Should probably give the door guard a spear.
tUMxzDS.png

A new type of enemy! Makes sense they'd have beastmasters, since they work with chryssalids and thos weird rock things.
jWO7GFN.png

Accidentally let Lenneth get tagged, and sure enough, those blue beams go right through the shields. Oh, right, lasers do that too. Probably just laser guns then. Derp.
uTs4O4w.png

This guy again, and with the same gear as last time.
MMuwXO3.png

The EP rounds aren't doing as well as I'd hoped. I think we might want something with a bit more armour pen.
hq9qzhS.png

They don't seem to have any fliers, so all we gotta do is play popamole.
uxpzydg.png

I may not know what the specs are for the blue shields, but I've got data for 3 others. Them each having different weaknesses seems like a safe bet, so if I exclude the types that slip through the other three, the ones that might work here are... Bio, Chem, Cutting, Daze, EMP, Plasma and Fire. Man, this game has a ton of damage types. Also, none of these would be terribly convenient for capturing this dude, since he resists everything except cutting, which isn't exactly the capture element.
6BD31IQ.png

Still, time to do some research.
sL8Ib5J.png

Welp, plasma gets stopped.
CefW165.png

EMP also gets stopped. I think I knew that from trying it on a hovertank before.
fqOhjuM.png

Fuck, I left a bugeye outside! The shields are shrugging off a lot of attacks... but eventually he's just overwhelmed. These guys all have spotter/sniper so he's eaten all the guns on the map right now.
cmOy3oV.png

On the flipside, I managed to snag the beastmaster!
ubF2C2s.png

I didn't get a screenshot and the message at the bottom is misleading, but I confirmed that daze will go through blue shields by using a stasis grenade. Alas, I only brought 2 of them, and no other big daze weapons that might be enough to knock the guy out easily. Also forgot to bring fire weapons, so can't even test that.
1TyPRAp.png

Popamoling continues.
MwsgsAv.png

Finally get a visitor. Spear does the trick, though it did get to take a step first. Maybe my SENSE overwatch theory is no good?
oXTN4m2.png

Man, these guys are numerous and like to clump up like crazy. Wish I had a safe spot to set up a mortar.
lPP1Mbi.png

Having a bugeye pop out and scout every turn for me is so nice, but it's also one of those things that makes turns take a lot longer. Warlord finally seems to be approaching the ship though!
Jzbscpx.png

The bugeyes do have a major drawback- they lose 3 freshness per turn. Good thing I brought a lot of smokes.
F8GLByX.png

Turn after turn of gunning down like 2-3 enemies each time. I've had to refill ammo multiple times by now.

hzd85U4.png

This zombie apparently set itself on fire by walking through the flames over there. Man, tracking all these down is going to be a total pain, and the mission won't end until I do.
EXELLUV.png

Apparently these guys leave a trail of fire while moving. Neat.
mLJlsBx.png

Fortunately, I think their range sucks, so we can just pick them off with sniper rifles.
bNRPlmt.png

Another beastmaster shows up. Corpses are pitling up like crazy.
KJ5ni0H.png

Was starting to be a lull by floating one tile higher reveals that no, there's still a ton out there.
6RpDUoE.png

These guys definitely have some kind of crazy regen or something, the captive one keeps getting back up, and seems to be doing it more frequently as time goes on. I decide to start shooting him instead of using the taser bit. At least it's free training? I'd really prefer to have an extra body free right now though. Wish I'd brought that rod of bliss. I should make an extra.
XSo9NXP.png

It's been so long that even the expert with lots of freshness is tapped out. Thankfully the constant stream of kills is keeping morale up.
GEeSMGb.png

I swear these guys are fucking multiplying. Even accounting for regen waking them back up when they go down 'wounded', there's just so fucking many of them.
sya0UBI.png

It drags on...
QmrMPD5.png

and on...
7rAUtKh.png

And on... I literally went 10 turns without anything noteworthy happening, except that I've been massacring them for ten turns.
cdAqTiq.png

I used up all the rounds of the custom snipin' gun, so I had to switch to the old one for taking out chrysalids and other targets from afar. Also, there's so few enemies with weapons left I decide to leave lenneth out here to snipe.
pyxvEhP.png

Huh, another rocky. This one came nice and close, and merely got knocked out. I think they're immune to bleed.
WhkS9xD.png

The beastmaster I kept shooting ended up dying. Shit. I mean, he was getting back up every fucking turn, that shouldn't happen to a low hp target taking massive stun damage. These things are weird.
GrwCucj.png

Kenny goes insane and stands outside to get shot at. Lovely.
rCbNKy1.png

Another beastmaster arrives. Well, we can replace our captive I suppose.
vsjd2nc.png

Warchief is here too. Are they finally going to converge on the ship? These are the last 4 autogun bullets, btw. I brought 280. Given the reliability... they probably downed about 60 enemies. Plus all the sniper shots, plus some extra from other guns.
0mXxagD.png

It's a good thing Luka and Lenneth are effectively immune to freshness loss.
XqD7hqp.png

Finally another chrysalid shows up. I'm not sure how many are out there, but we've already killed 5 or so. The warchief as already gone berserk multiple times, so it should be over once I finish off the zombies.
Rud366h.png

Look at this shit!
dbzyjsc.png

Warchief ends up over in this house. I'm tempted to try run over and just punch the fucker out, but that's too far even for Luka to do safely, especially with maybe more enemies back there.
Yafh2ky.png

I decide to move Luka down here instead. No flying enemies to fuck us over this time. Though the bugeye might go berserk and stab us...
CmAcOaz.png

Naturaly, the warchief has fucked off to who knows where.
m8mrAsI.png

We do spot another zombie though.
XDYQrUk.png

Angel went crazy this time. Thankfully, she didn't run all the way out of cover, and the enemy that ran into her was no threat.
4U34RNu.png

I ran up to kil the chryssalid, only to find a second fucking chryssalid right behind it. Are they all just chilling in the map corners for 50 turns? That whole 'enemies zerg rush you after X turns' thing seems like bullshit.
jnMGv45.png

A THIRD fucking one of them after I get close enough to stab the second one. We don't have the TUs to safely run away either. Fuck.
eqLl6Rx.png

Thankfully, it didn't rush at us, and instead ended up over here, where we could snipe it.
Ki2Fx6D.png

I'm loathe to do it, but I think I need to send Luka out onto the map to hunt down the remaining zombies. The AI clearly can't handle maps this size and is just stuck in a corner somewhere. And only Luka has the NV to not get fucked while doing this.
BTMKwb4.png

Enemies still going berserk all over. Or taking shots at Lenneth. Hard to say.
rruTIWP.png

Well, it's not a zombie but maybe this beastmaster is the last sane Eridian? The warchief went bonkers already, but we damaged him somehwat, while this guy has been untouched.
h0dfwN1.png

Well, I killed him... but I have made a grave error. I let our energy get too low. Luka's stun recovery is balanced at 300 energy. Above 300, and we recover stun each turn. Below 300, and we gain stun each turn. Energy recovery is based on freshness. We're going down, and won't wake up for quite a while, if ever. In retrospect, doing the math... I think about 15 turns and she'd have woken back up.
P4Puba0.png

We spot a zombie over here too. At least we have a goal.
VrdU9Rk.png

:despair:
jwUh3XE.png

Nothing for it but to send Lenneth out. I don't have any guns that would be good vs a chryssalid, so we're rocking the vibro spear and a prayer.
elV7rKX.png

Manage to get all the way back to this far corner where the fucking warchief is hiding. He almost certainly spotted us getting into position here, but it's the best cover I can get nearby, and he'll probably go berserk or insane anyways.
Q6IpEW7.png

Or this could happen.
8b1xTGt.png

Well that's not good.
LtPkKW5.png

We have JUST enough TUs to take him down with the sunblades I brought along. Obviously, this was super fucking lethal, so the whole reason I took a bunch of risks instead of just carpet bombing everyone to death is now moot. No warchief captive for us.
j7tbYia.png

Thankfully we're carrying rum, so we can recover most of the wounds. We're in dire straights though, our freshness is really hampering our energy recovery and even TU recovery now.
tMWR2dI.png

Time to send Risin Angel out as well I guess. We have to use a fucking painbringer because these guys resist lasers and we're out of other decent longer range weapons. Well, except the shredder, but we've got no energy for that.
UhcrpRW.png

I sent one of the bugeyes out here as well, to try pull Luka back incase this goes completely to shit and we have to flee. Losing Luka is not an option, she breaks too many game elements, letting us fight things we shouldn't. Like mutant cullings, apparently.
v6MYAnZ.png

Okay then. They must have started running out of ammo too after 70 turns or so.
GMPOUvu.png

Apparently he had a vibro-ax. Not terribly exciting, unless it cuts through walls like butter, which it might. Also, this guy's gun is the first one I've seen where the ammo won't display damage values. Weird. Maybe it's amazing?
BYpMnI1.png

What a fucking clusterfuck. It was going so well for the first 40 turns too.
OKJRFeT.png

Risin Angel picks a real shit time to go insane. Though it wasn't in their description, I think the Eridians are incapable of surrender. Sure wish I'd known THAT bit of info before trying to scour the map for chryssalids instead of picking off all the snakemen from a safe distance.
Wn2idrT.png

Lenneth isn't close enough to intervene either. Between the freshness loss and torso wounds, we've got fuck all for energy recovery.
WPvHEf9.png

:deathclaw:
fYQFGnl.png

Snakeman, or chryssalid? I forget which is was. I think snakeman though. Taking down Angel seems to have boosted their morale, even though it should have been shitcanned after their leader died.
ToklgKp.png

Some fucker is all the way over in that barn trying to snipe me. Sniper is such a bullshit trait. I mean, we have it innately too, to be fair. But still!
ltGwYil.png

:dead:
MGxz69N.png

Oh, and Kenny over here, whom I'd been trying to get set up to launch a mortar into the blackness wherever I see guns firing, kept going insane and berserk and eventually fired the mortar at himself. Despite totally lacking the TUs to even do that. Cool. Good to know that can happen.
63nYLl0.png

Not exactly helping my morale here guys. Thankfully, the last bugeye still alive is nearby and since we don't need to revive Angel now, I can give the canteens to lenneth to recover some morale. And patch her last wound.
ayAD5u2.png

Well, this was the last turn. The bugeye kept going insane each turn. Wanna guess how it ended?
dN2mnvD.png

I'm sure only good things are going to come out of this.

re: reaction fire, opening doors never triggers reaction. Simultaneous surprise only applies when you are walking through a door (in which case opening and moving through is one action). You'll remember that opening a door on its own wasn't a thing in original X-Com, it was a TFTD feature.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Eridians do indeed seem to have crazy hp recovery. I've seen them fall down after being set on fire, and get up while still being on fire. It's really shitty that the game doesn't mention this in the autopsy report. I don't actually know if they can surrender.
Sniper is such a bullshit trait. I mean, we have it innately too, to be fair.
Not really. You can shoot enemies if you know exactly what tile they are on, but that gets reset every (half)turn. Enemies with sniper can "remember" (ie wallhack) for more than that, at least with the higher tiers of the trait.

And well, can't be too surprised there's a lot of them. Pogroms are just earthians being shit to eachother, mutant cullings are the star gods strategically keeping the population low.

Damned Registrations

should have used plate and shields like a normal human bean and not like a
You mean the armour where a single plague bug would have dealt us about 300 damage? Yeah no thanks.

The dramatic reveal!

Was there ever any doubt? Yeah, you all doubted me a ton! What the fuck have I done to deserve this?! We only get wiped in the air! Also, that felt like WAY more than 61 kills. I suppose it can't count them twice. Probably doesn't even count the zombies since they morph into chryssalids.
4Su3Faw.png

Totally worth it guys, we got 5 more ACC on Lenneth. No, I don't know why she hasn't capped firing yet. I guess I just focus on melee and throwing too much. Feels like a waste not to.
0xvBufG.png

Damn, anything called 'master plasma pistol' with that pricetag sounds pretty nice. If I expected we'd be able to make more clips, I'd research it just so Luka could use it to style on people. I miss the days of getting an immediate power upgrade from looting an outfit or weapon off a mission. I'm going to get the canister launcher instead. We got ammo for that for days. Fair bit of loot, but nothing really jumped out at me.
cziNiCJ.png

Fucking bastard blew up my bioplasma gun with that suicide mortar!
uKExVKC.png

Well deserved. She's at over 200 kills already.
P1jxOix.png

Serial widow is the title for 23 kills in a single mission btw.
ty41MGz.png

Sucks to lose these three. The bugeyes weren't our best, but they had pretty decent voodoo power. Apparently blowing yourself up counts as betrayal. Losing angel is the real loss here. She was our second best gal for sure. The new crop is coming along but still... this especially hurts if that Doctor X mission is coming up. Also, we lost 3 very expensive suits of armour on these three. Shields aren't easy to make.
3qn2T8W.png

Wait, work in progress as in this weapon might not actually exist? This took a long ass time to research, it better give me something good. Honestly I was expecting some kind of general chaos magic unlocks. We got nothing.
HlQ2BM0.png

Interesting. Obviously the armour values are nothing like plate, but those resistances... this might actually be really good in some situations. Still, I think the versatility of plate and the mesh armour wins out. Though it does give +20 to like, fucking everything. If there's an improved version on the horizon I'll be all over it. We haven't had an armour that buffs throwing since like... the rogue outfit. And going from 120 throwing to 140 is about a 1/3rd damage boost for things like ninja stars.
EB6hHDk.png

Oh damn, I definitely want these. Both these races have pretty shit armour options right now when it comes to mass produced stuff. Goblins would benefit greatly from the strength boost, and ogres simply from having something better than what amounts to a fucking flak vest. Where's the syn version though? I should make one in case Luka can wear it but there's no entry.
Szpk4qI.png

These are... captain traits, I believe? Feels like some weird way of explaining what they do, presumably in regards to certain types of events. Or it's meaningless fluff. :happytrollboy:
KAovANh.png

Man, that was a satisfying mortar target.
k4978QX.png

Apparently falling damage is not a thing. This looked hilarious, I wish I could have recorded a gif. I guess explosions don't propagate through floors very well if these guys are all alive.
ZuIfB2h.png

Just killed like 5 people with one minigun burst. Shame they were too close to earn lady luck titles.
0QqxjDQ.png

Luka here to rack up poison bow related titles, of which there are quite a few. She's already got more firing than anyone really needs, and melee is so high in conjunction with the TU pool she could probably deal somewhere around 2-5k damage to a target with that forceblade.
du9m9AI.png

The others are a bit less invincible, taking some wounds from grenades. Still, worth it for the chance to farm titles against so many weak foes.
dp4wPJI.png

These missions go real funny if you leave some dogs alive to farm kills, basically everyone on the map is insane or berserk by turn 5, including the dogs.
ghxh0ba.png

Yep, totally deserves half the infamy I got for stopping the Eridians. :balance:
u0HEifE.png

I decided I don't need this many weed farms after all, and am turning one into a prison. We've got enough people here to mass produce slaves/butcher monsters, and 'Wholesome Silo' seems like a good name for such a place.
o7Zqi56.png

The new ship is finally here! It certainly looks sexy. Should be small, so it can go on missions that disallow wide craft, not that I've seen many.
gs8otD8.png

Top floor just open up out the back. Feels rather exposed for a tank deployment consider they tend to have shit reactions. On the other hand, it'd make a decent sniper perch, if lacking in coverage. Shame there's no roof or wing access.
bsXZtH1.png

Bottom floor has a single side door. No windows AFAICT. Not nearly as defensible as the kraken, but it's not too shabby! I'm mostly excited we can once again deploy tanks and, presumably, werewolves. Hey, remember how daze damage goes through blue shields... and armour... does this mean I can just howl a sectopod or hover tank to sleep? I'm going to laugh my ass off if that works.
5bEz7Jc.png

Probably would have taken this if we didn't have improved goblin armour on the horizon. Should make these missions a ton easier, assuming they provide sane armour values.
ubF4jWH.png

What was the thing we needed to understand dragons for? Rank? Some voodoo thing? Whatever. This probably isn't even the relevant tech. I did like the lore though. :philosoraptor:
EqOqQot.png

I've been putting this off since it's pricey, but fuck it. It probably leads to power armour, and maybe Syn stuff too. Honestly, it's one of those generically useful sounding techs.
e8fZVfA.png

Trying to arm the new ship. Didn't realize this thing requires 4 fucking parts. Jesus. No biggie, we'll just take out another marsec heavy gunship or church cruiser I'm sure.
OEGoJM4.png

Wait, does this fucking thing have suicide lights?!
ZHeSIAu.png

Ah, it's just the lights on the tank, which I can simply shut off. I wonder if there's a way to automate that so I don't forget.
dyTucX6.png

Fuck... that is not the little turret the other ninja apc had. Everyone back inside!
xOV41hZ.png

Luckily, or not, their craft is right next to ours. So we can do the popamole thing. But we also can't really get away or take cover if they rush us. Also, since Luka's base stats are finally capped, I've started using the magic card deck. It's a bit worse than throwing stars in range, but it can fire a volley of 4 attacks (currently averaging 80 damage each) for just 36 TUs. Pretty insane value, especially with 52 ammo. The other reason I want to use it is it'll give joker titles, which award nice stat boosts, including throwing. Shame the ninja stars no longer do that.
5pUlkjK.png

Fuck me, I made ONE attack at the turret and it whipped around and gunned a gal down. That thing is brutal. I think it killed her in like, 2 shots. I wasn't expecting such a heavy gun to have such good reactions, or a snap shot option period.
Xc3hPoo.png

Well, fine. We have a heavy gun too. Say hello to our little friend!
73FLbEo.png

Yeah, that's what I thought. Not bad for the first shot for our goblin. Gonna put her back in training after this though.
5sqyneE.png

A ninja took exception to our tank and fired a plasma gun at it. Somewhat alarming, since it still has basically goblin level health. Armour is thick though, and their gun was shit. We'd probably die if they threw dynamite though.
ZAdNxmT.png

Man, ninja missions are such a pain. Anything with a lot of camo is. Luka helps a lot with that crazy 25 NV, but even so.
jaoTFIf.png

In this picture are at least 3 people. None of them can be seen. In this LP we hope to teach you how Not to Be Seen. This Ninja gal fired a plasma rifle to the east.
QMXvEyP.png

This demonstrates the value of Not Being Seen. Thank you. And no, 2 peasants with a mortar is NOT as good as this.
FHWZf4a.png

To to board the enemy craft. Honestly, I'm surprised it's still standing. Quite some armour on there.
Ti6CMmy.png

Why hello! You're a pleasant surprise!
iMBVCoa.png

After knocking the dwarf out and killing a warrior, I explore a bit more. This place sure is a pain in the ass for a vessel. So many doors and loops!
Gz89gaD.png

We ended up getting hit by, among other things (like a full 4 barrels of chem rounds from their blunderbuss, which the shield mostly stopped) a tankbuster. Man, these levels of defence really are completely insane. I can't imagine what it's going to be like after an armour upgrade. Fuck, even just having a backpack, even a fucking BELT would be an enourmous improvement. We could carry a canteen around to cure stun and refill energy, or a melee weapon along with a 2 handed gun, or extra ammo.
M9uE9kK.png

Another pyrhic victory.
0L4NAOZ.png

Apparently the tank grants throwing xp somehow? It must have a massive xp penalty in general if we didn't get any base stats except 3 freshness.
KTytk4n.png

Hmm, ninja cargo boxes might be neat but seem low value. Jack token items maybe? The hellerium revitalizer might be something good though. Quite expensive, so probably not a consumable. And that engineer is going to give us a book, since we don't need to research him.
3Hssn6Y.png

Fuck me though, it sucks losing another gal. This was just one of the shitty bandits, but she'd come quite a ways, up to around 70 bravery I think. Might need to postpone that doctor x mission, I don't like the idea of Lenneth trying to solo it while a bunch of wimps go insane or something.
azKo4Yz.png

Flying armors and fighters sound glorious! Sign me up! Man, can you imagine if Luka had a flying suit...
3TV30pp.png

Huh. Not what I was expecting. Microwave cooker isn't even armour, it could be any kind of weapon really, even a base turret. The Cyberpunk armor might be really good? But it might also sacrifice a lot for flight or be unusable underground. I think I'll do the synthmuscle outfit first.
4jCSNJL.png

Seems like we might be hitting that next rank sooner than I expected.
ekYDycR.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Totally worth it guys, we got 5 more ACC on Lenneth. No, I don't know why she hasn't capped firing yet. I guess I just focus on melee and throwing too much. Feels like a waste not to.
Yeah. Firing feels kinda bad in general once you get good troops. tu% firing costs just makes it too hard to kill more than one enemy per turn. It's only really useful as a truly long range option.
Yep, totally deserves half the infamy I got for stopping the Eridians. :balance:
Well, what sounds more impressive:
Fighting aliens that were preying on civilians, and taking a whole bunch of losses, including all the civilians you showed up to try and save.
Fighting humans that were preying on civilians, and turning them into a complete joke.

57% accuracy on that bombard ain't great. I foresee a great many friendly fire incidents.

Apparently the tank grants throwing xp somehow? It must have a massive xp penalty in general if we didn't get any base stats except 3 freshness.
It's an indirect weapon so yeah?

Bottom floor has a single side door. No windows AFAICT. Not nearly as defensible as the kraken, but it's not too shabby! I'm mostly excited we can once again deploy tanks and, presumably, werewolves. Hey, remember how daze damage goes through blue shields... and armour... does this mean I can just howl a sectopod or hover tank to sleep? I'm going to laugh my ass off if that works.

Only if it actually goes through armor. Howl still has 10% armor effectiveness, sectopods have 100-150 armor and 50% daze vulnerability.

57% accuracy on that bombard ain't great. I foresee a great many friendly fire incidents.
Yeah definitely make sure you have a clear firing path, the ranged arc calculation loves to just barely aim over or under some interfering object and with that splash radius it would really screw you over. On the other hand he's got a fairly untrained Lokknarr in there, with some skill ups it should get to like 70-85% or so.

Damned Registrations

Oh trust me, that thing isn't getting targeted anywhere within like 30 tiles of my units. It's got a blast radius of 25, and still has about 30 power at the very edge of that. Can't wait to try the other ammo variants, like acid and gas. Power armour is completely choking immune, so is the bombard, so that's probably the way to go. Of course, I'm still going to blow up an entire bunker or trade warehouse for shits and giggles at some point. Ooh, or zombies! This thing makes me very excited. It's so silly and impractical. I wonder if I could simply drop the ammo somewhere like a mine and then blow it up with a secondary explosive? Would be hilarious setting it off inside a building you're not meant to have a vehicle in.
It's an indirect weapon so yeah?
It uses firing and voodoo power to aim though?

Only if it actually goes through armor. Howl still has 10% armor effectiveness, sectopods have 100-150 armor and 50% daze vulnerability.
Aww, did they nerf howl? It had 0% when I was using it before I'm pretty sure. Probably well deserved.

lightbane

Arcane
Wait, work in progress as in this weapon might not actually exist? This took a long ass time to research, it better give me something good. Honestly I was expecting some kind of general chaos magic unlocks. We got nothing.
Not the first time. The Red Mage's questline used to be "in progress", leaving you stuck.
Also, someone mentioned the church's lore and Dagon. It's probably related to the Church of Dagon of XFiles, which by the time of Piratez, they were all eaten.

The new ship is finally here! It certainly looks sexy. Should be small, so it can go on missions that disallow wide craft, not that I've seen many.
Looks like a modified Avenger from the OG game.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Man, can you imagine if Luka had a flying suit...
You'd manage to get her instasniped by everyone on the map and killed before you can say "Aim for the jugular" :smug:

And yeah, I remember the synthsuit becoming my default outfit for all non-specialist Gals for a long time. Good stuff.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Wait, work in progress as in this weapon might not actually exist?
be happy that the green codex content came waaay along from 3 years ago lul
At least the tome of chaos leads to something. Some of the wip stuff are just dead ends.
And yeah, I remember the synthsuit becoming my default outfit for all non-specialist Gals for a long time. Good stuff.
Interesting. I never used it due to low protection values.
Not the first time. The Red Mage's questline used to be "in progress", leaving you stuck.
At least one of the paths for it is still TBD. Pretty deep in the questline though. Kind of annoying because for some reason the finished paths get blocked if you take the longest Dr.X path and you get forced onto the TBD one.
Also, someone mentioned the church's lore and Dagon. It's probably related to the Church of Dagon of XFiles, which by the time of Piratez, they were all eaten.
But the church is still around?
I also don't really understand how tftd fits into xpiratez lore. Everything in x-com seems to be canonical (just that it didn't help in the end), and even apoc gets a throwaway reference to how the star gods defeated the invasion of the micronoids.

lightbane

Arcane
But the church is still around?
It's a different church. The Dagon one is focused on the Deep Ones. The Piratez one is different.

I also don't really understand how tftd fits into xpiratez lore. Everything in x-com seems to be canonical (just that it didn't help in the end), and even apoc gets a throwaway reference to how the star gods defeated the invasion of the micronoids.
The Piratez is set in an alternate timeline where XCOM Files failed. They're not compatible. There are references here and there.
I found lulzy how in XFiles there's waaay too many alien invasions going all at once thanks to the massive crossover.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The Piratez is set in an alternate timeline where XCOM Files failed. They're not compatible. There are references here and there.
Didn't mean xcom files, meant actual vanilla x-com. The assault on cydonia happened in piratez. TFTD and apoc are also mentioned in the lore, although not nearly as much.

The Dagon one is focused on the Deep Ones. The Piratez one is different.
The loredump from a few updates back seems to clearly state that the deep ones chants are related to technical specs of church technology. The deep ones are also lead by the aquamen which are cyborgized humans. The implication seems to somehow be that the church controls the deep ones? But it's not really made clear at all how or why, or why the star gods tolerate it.

lightbane

Arcane
The assault on cydonia happened in piratez.
Didn't know that one. TFTD was probably meant to happen at some point as the aliens from Mars could trigger the aliens hiding under the sea at any time. Apocalypse sounds like a cameo.

The loredump from a few updates back seems to clearly state that the deep ones chants are related to technical specs of church technology. The deep ones are also lead by the aquamen which are cyborgized humans. The implication seems to somehow be that the church controls the deep ones? But it's not really made clear at all how or why, or why the star gods tolerate it.
The Star Gods don't care about Earth as it's a backwater colony, according to the game's first lore texts you get. The Church controlling the Deep Ones somehow is IMO still different from the Church of Dagon of XFiles, as the latter worshipped the Deep Ones and wanted to become like them. The Church in Piratez seems to use whatever they have in hand to keep power.

I don' know why snakemen are so overpowered in XFiles and Piratez, they only stood in the OG game due having the Chrysalids as a terror unit. Here, however, they are fearsome enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom