Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

All shields have a specific set of resistances and a few damage types that go straight through, depending on color. Often enemies themselves are immune or close to it to what their shields are weak against. For example tanks with shields bypassed by fire who don't care because they are immune to fire

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
All shields have a specific set of resistances and a few damage types that go straight through, depending on color. Often enemies themselves are immune or close to it to what their shields are weak against.
I haven't really noticed that. Often there's one damage type that both the armor and shield are weak to, but not always. Of the top off my head, there's really only blue shield mech units where the only solution is overwhelming firepower.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Same with ogres except worse, because ogres are just worse ubers and they don't get any special missions afaik.
Ogres get very good voodoo power and boatload of health and strength though. I'd agree they're not as good as a gal on the whole, but they've certainly got their perks.

This LP has a dire lack of explosives.
To be fair, I've been making good use of the mortar. The problem to me is that A: Explosives create smoke for enemies to hide in and B: Accurately firing rockets is a lot harder than accurately firing a rifle. When I bring you back though we'll load you up with some firepower.

Let there be updates!

Goodbye beehive. You earned your keep. But it's time to build a hangar here again, and a hyperwave decoder.
mxN7DHs.png

Decided to go after one of these 'Ordinators' on 'government business'. Largely because I want their documentation or a live elite trooper.
MiBsOWQ.png

Turned out to be an absolute waste of fucking time. Had to kill a bunch of dudes, lost a ton of infamy, took some wounds... but worst of all, I accidentally sold off the fucking prisoners at the end. The only real gains here are the engine and slave AI.
3ZtPj2e.png

I forgot this existed. It's basically like shitty platemail- it protects from choking, but you lose the evasion, laser and plasma resists, and it can't rock a shield. Easier to make though. It is passable vs bullets and explosives at least.
m8bIQ2V.png

Hmm, I wonder if we'll be seeing ninja base raids in the near future?
EZ7MDS4.png

Interesting to have a distinction between 0-g and just being on the moon or whatever.
u7d6NUh.png

Damn, that's a lot of stuff. The generic space suit is the most interesting right now. I'm curious about that 'solar governor'. Maybe leads to a contact or bounty?
blqR7d2.png

This is pretty much a straight upgrade over flak cannons for AA, but it lacks the base defense turret. Still probably the superior option, especially for a new base since it allows for some crew.
LJJj9DZ.png

Not trying it this time.
2BQmbgC.png

All I can do is hope it doesn't fire here? There's like 3 floating around looking for it though.
0cYmMYv.png

Luckily, they somehow failed to find it. Some weird horde of small slow ships floated around over here too. Not going to try hunting them right now.
b51vLdD.png

Got another UAC shelter mission. This time I got a whole team of goblins, including 2 with avenger armour. And I brought a fusion torch with extra ammo.
RlmEmtA.png

It seems the cave is actually more open than I thought. RNG I suppose?
CSA2QRH.png

Also, not just rats this time. These things are more dangerous for sure, but still pretty weak.
Qvt12fJ.png

Even managed to stun one. Might unlock somehting cool!
2FwxsWf.png

They're actually easy to deal with, as they create a lot of light, and can therefore be seen without LoS.
eog2klE.png

The cavern really is extending a lot more this time. Makes me wonder the the spot I'm trying to mine through is just a dead end.
NGxrv2r.png

After burning through 3 cells, I give up on this. For some reason she just won't burn through the walls properly. I should get the levitator and mining laser next time.
8iUhtA0.png

Yeah, there's clearly another route to the interesting stuff over here. Found stairs going down.
jLTjqxd.png

And a base?!
Ou9FkCc.png

This is clearly the place we're meant to mine through. Fuck. I wasted a lot of ammo...
Q7cX0Qh.png

Sure enough, I burn through the last of our ammo and fail to get through the facade on the other side of the wall.
lxXhkMM.png

Our morale is pretty fucked too. No enemies for quite a while, and goblins have shit bravery.
AsMhYlv.png

Even the gnome is losing some morale.
ypEsiZa.png

Finally, I get through with a bardiche that was in the extra supplies. I was about to give up, we were getting a lot of morale failures.
oEahEnz.png

With two of these avenger outfits, I can swap which one is in the lead if one takes hits and let them regen the shields. Pretty awesome.
dUvLL16.png

Stairs up lead to a small room with no obvious loot.
IE6f3W5.png

Stairs down seem to be the way to go.
MSrj1v8.png

After clearing out the base down here, I find a lot of interesting rooms, but again, no weapons or whatever lying around. Sadly, we lost one of the goblins in avenger armour. Those drones hit fucking HARD if they land a shot.
JBuKl8G.png

Fuck. The last enemy on the map is encased in rock.
VCddywp.png

This is the only loot in the base we could carry out if we choose to leave. Not worth it.
3c2QM2b.png

I've got some weapons that might get through the wall, but they're all heavy and extremely dangerous in the hands of berserking soldiers.
pAKnRuj.png

I spend a long time trying to hack down a wall with the bardiche, but no dice. We only have 1 unit that can even swing the fucking thing and they spend half their turns insane.

auMPI24.png

This was absolute torture. I give up. We're leaving.
oIcgJLQ.png

I think it was turn 80 before I got these cunts back to the escape tiles.
DLDJUbC.png

Tons of bravery is the only saving grace.
f28QPQ2.png

The drones woke back up so I was only able to retrieve some wreckage, which just became scrap metal.
knyeGsp.png

I had to leave some shit behind as well, it'd be too risky to keep going back to carry it out.
b6wDOmI.png

:rage:
LiQImz3.png

Well, perhaps this can improve my mood.
kzPo1gP.png

We can craft this now... but it requires a live imp! We have none on hand, sadly. And it didn't reveal research options, weirdly enough.
PXKphwH.png

Always enjoy a good space mission!
Y7fdvqp.png

This was actually kinda sad. Just a few zombie troopers easily dismantled by Luka and Lenneth.
9EoqPs8.png

No great loot here, but live troopers are nice and it wasn't a total waste of time.
Twf9e5k.png

Decided to focus on unlocking this before other stuff, since it'll presumably unlock more missions and give me another research avenue, effectively.
hkLUC8R.png

It occured to me we haven't had any named goblins or gnomes yet. I wanted some more of these to train up anyways, so this was a good chance. Welcome aboard! You probably won't see a mission for a while yet though, gotta go through mandatory hazing first.
3hmtZtK.png

Interesting, glad I kept some of these things around. The Sivalina Stone in particular is worth a lot of tokens, but sadly we've lost most of them. Still, our codex craps them out occasionally, so it seems we have some advantage for this client.
g6h34Ko.png

Hmm, a gun? I was hoping for a craft or something.
Ys82lVe.png

It's... not awful? I doubt I'll be using it though. We've got options now.
BBKlY54.png

Same deal here. It's got range on par with the lasso. This might be more convenient to carry around through, and won't require throwing skill. Actually, this would have been great for the goblins; those tesla coils tend to kill shit I'd prefer to take alive.
QNKECHP.png

Only thing we could afford right away with our stockpiled loot. I hope it's good!
rWdmfLu.png

It's not. I mean, maybe it'll be useful on certain missions, but wearing a lightsource seems like a terrible drawback for it's benefits.
fa3byTc.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ogres get very good voodoo power and boatload of health and strength though. I'd agree they're not as good as a gal on the whole, but they've certainly got their perks.
They do have good power, but their skill cap is awful, so they're not actually good mages. Health and strength maybe, but not that much better than a gal I think? Mainly I think they solve the same problems as a gal, but they require their own armor and armor techs. So better to just use a gal.
This advice is kind of hilariously phrased, to the point where I suspect Clemborg is working for the Ninjas. The only thing actually preventing the ninjas from escalating the conflict is you showing up to one of those 'keep important friends safe' missions. You can shoot down hundreds of ninja transports and it won't do anything, but let them disembark in the target area and they get upset. Although maybe you can delay it by not conducting the relevant research even after that, I am not sure.

This event was also hilarious in my run, since by the time it appeared the dilemma for the govts was:
Do we support piratez, who've killed dozens of star gods, have a ship fleet strong enough to shoot down battleships, etc, etc...
Or do we support ninjas, who have cool black outfits and haven't figured out how to build flying machines strong enough to threaten our fighters/ordinators?
Fuck. The last enemy on the map is encased in rock.
When this shit happens to me I just use ctrl+d to enter debug mode and then ctrl+w to warp in there (or ctrl+k to kill). Life is too short to spend a dozen turns digging through walls.

Damned Registrations

Why don't yall use Wrecking Ball like a normal person
They seem pretty crap? 30 weight can't even be carried by most of the goblins, and it's damage isn't much better than the bardiche, even with it's benefiting from reactions.

When this shit happens to me I just use ctrl+d to enter debug mode and then ctrl+w to warp in there (or ctrl+k to kill). Life is too short to spend a dozen turns digging through walls.
I'd normally frown on this, but considering I got no reward from that mission because of a fucking glitch, I might just do that next time.

Not sure what unlocked this, but it seems important and relevant to us right now.
iNA25Bs.png

Ah yes, diplomacy leads to plate armor. Logical. Also, I believe Veterans is another means to recruit uber gals. Nice!
jtwEmVS.png

Hmm, this definitely seems in line with the green codex. Sadly, it unlocked precisely nothing. Hopefully we just need some of the other voodoo things we already have access to.
sJJXMQQ.png

Well, we already got the political activities tech, so I guess now the target is govt high officials. Like that governor we diced up. Shit.
YGXk7H0.png

Had a pogrom pop up. I've no intention to shoot for 10k this month for the next rank, but we're actually hovering near 0 right now due to a lack of weak craft to abuse and some nasty missions. Plus it's deep ones, and I want that trophy for killing 1000 of them.
KKla3f1.png

Plate mail might be nigh immune to lasers, but those bagpipes take a big chunk out of the armour for sure.
lytQmhs.png

Lobsterman demonstrating his high degree of intelligence by using tools.
z8wW0kV.png

Well, losing 90 is better than losing 1000.
qGfwf6j.png

Shot down a guild fighter and found it was manned by a few of these guys.
3onCvnT.png

Stats not terribly impressive, but gauss guns are a bit scary, even just the pistols.
crQYVWB.png

Also had a flechette gun, which iirc is fairly weak.
ToM4byd.png

Sell me awesome purple shield and voodoo tech?
wO0rPiv.png

Not so much. Well, the flowers, couplings and reactors are all potentially nice.
B7duwoJ.png

Found this while looking through the production list after our power plant finished up. Seems these things have a purpose after all! Makes doing one of those mansion runs kinda tempting...
KLolVlj.png

I forget who the Sabbahs are but the title is familiar.
amWcdYI.png

Got this from a deep one warrior. Seems like some interesting branches.
EUf6INt.png

Nice to see the specs on these and be able to make more so we can bring a whole team of ubers to space properly. Can also see the specs for the Syn space suit now- apparently it's pretty shit. They get laser resistance but overheat quickly.
jw7LGaz.png

Another pogrom, or rather, culling from the Eridians.
QbEvahU.png

Lots of this going on. I don't think we can win this safely, but I think we're getting close enough to try soon, so I wanted to engage them and get an idea of what we should bring next time.
B3AiwIB.png

They've got quite the variety of weapons.
vtXlpyA.png

Oh, and acid rain. I forgot about that. Definitely going to want shields if possible, or failing that, chem cloaks on everyone.
6n6r7NB.png

Our mighty foes.
wbV8ZDu.png

Not actually all that mighty. Shit reactions, and while tankiers than a human, they're not that well armored.
mEEtQH9.png

These seem like the bigger threat honestly. Going to be a lot running around by the end since it's got so many bystanders.
pAYkAOe.png

Acid rain seems to hit a random facing each turn for chem damage. Lenneth here could probably last in it quite a long time.
nqfXzun.png

But the catgirls? Not so much. The herbalists are even worse off.
jKNvx6j.png

Found this guy too. He's got a blue shield, which I'm guessing is highly chem resistant. Or they are and the chems go through blue shields.
Ti3Ysjs.png

Regardless, I wasn't interested in massively wounding our catgirls to stick around and maybe win the mission without losing anyone. Next time we'll be ready.
QfK8NSk.png

We did manage to loot a couple Eridians, one alive and one dead. Should be further helpful in picking out which weapons to bring. That plague bug also sounds quite interesting...
Wbctevr.png

Defensive voodoo shields? Hell yes!
0eyxJq6.png

Hmm, nothing obviously shield related here. Maybe the entropomancy? Bioplasma Weapons sounds like the infinite ammo ones we lost already, could we build more now? And vampirism has some obvious potential. These are all quite expensive though.
ROG7gn0.png

Hopefully arcane books reveal some concrete techs we can use, rather than a bunch of myths and shit.
U9gxNL6.png

Got this from a reticulan files we can now produce thanks to their contact. Guess that explains what the solar governor is.
IIPX6nY.png

This ended up being a bit of a letdown. I mean, we've got the hellerium to spare, but this honestly isn't that much better than gauss cannons. It hits 4 times harder but half as often with less accuracy at shorter range. Still, will probably use one or two just to make use of the hellerium we get from loot and save the time making another light weapon when I make another interceptor.
OwDfpIP.png

I'm guessing this is available because of our rank as well. Should be nice if it's the same quality of missions as that gnome capture one was.
sdGViD3.png

Christ, yet another new enemy craft flying around. Their tech is advancing at a blistering pace. We really need a proper warship, preferably with shields so it doesn't have to repair after each fight.
5DCndhv.png

Even more rimriders. These bases don't seem very temporary, they're all still around AFAICT.
30FMgmV.png

Fungus came back. Whatever, we can afford it now.
CJucwm8.png

Sadly, interrogation didn't give us any info from these guys.
H9TfSB0.png

Got this unlocked by the B rank bounty. Quest to raid a hell dimension? Sounds good to me.
9tgvghm.png

Lastly, the dreams of the deep tech. Nothing unlocked here so far. :mhd:
w39WMXR.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
sdGViD3.png

This one is also kinda funny. It has 5 prereqs, only one of which seems is related to any kind of dragon.

Playing without looking at the tech tree is a handicap that will only increase as time goes on.

Damned Registrations

Playing without looking at the tech tree is a handicap that will only increase as time goes on.
Then we shall fight in the dark total ignorance!

Red mage is very nice, to pay you in advance like that.
We still don't know how to open a fucking safe yet somehow. I normally got it from like, bandits or somehting I think? Are we retarded? :despair:

Tech tree ahoy!

Seems to be the more interesting of the 'deep' techs. Interesting lore, and probably some implications about how the tech tree is set up.
z4kQh4H.png

Yep, sure enough.
BMvahwy.png

Shit. I was hoping for plate armour for ogres or Syns.
poos0ul.png

I mean, it looks cool, but I can't imagine using this over grav boots unless there's some crazy transformations that gives catgirls massive health buffs.
bBlXO4I.png

Another free healing stone from our codex. Still no idea what those T-D lockers were or how to use them. Perhaps they're the padlocks the red mage mentioned for opening chaos gates?
bjac6Fn.png

Nice, free nuke barrel. Probably shouldn't use that. Probably will anyways. Remember, you asked for EXPLOSION!
9LuTRoH.png

Figured these might be grenades, but this is better than I expected.
Xy8wOzp.png

God damn that hp damage multi is insane. This thing is basically certain death if it gets past shields. Ignores direction too, so it doesn't even need a direct hit. Definitely would have lost someone to this if we tried to win that mutant culling mission.
6D9k3as.png

Not exactly what I was expecting from church rituals.
OlVdVfj.png

More voodoo? More voodoo!
iuzOxoT.png

Seems tese guys are weak to mostly shit we don't have. But piercing and electricity seem to work fine as well.
HAF3s5I.png

What the fuck has this girl been eating?
k3XLb4k.png

Anyways, it's pretty much what I expected. But we need a shadow orb to make a new projector. Maybe red mage can help us with that? There's also a tech to research a gun, seems like it might be good as well.
1FdtTXW.png

Pretty sure that image is Granfaloon from SotN. Classy.
gANk7Al.png

Milk run missions continue to be way more valuable than you'd think even this late in the run, thanks to letting me train up titles like Gal of Steel on weak enemies.
idFail8.png

Not exactly the tech I wanted to get from the arcane book. We got 3 more though, and this certainly seems like high end, practical stuff.
MBHvwCG.png

Purple shields? Fuck yeah! Warp damage would be very cool too...
1nPyilP.png

Hmm, no weapons available yet, unless one is built into the armour.
et08tWX.png

Time to do some more training I think. Apparently the herbalist catgirls can get this training that is normally reserved for peasants. Neat.
ywOtK1J.png

Was going to give Jaedar Iron Warrior training, but damn that's a big loss of vsk. Would be a waste of his vpw I think.
1CQb3b8.png

We'll have strange fellow do it instead.
35TFFy7.png

The armour is pretty good. About ~35 for armour, which isn't great but isn't nothing either, lots of nice resistances, 125 purple shields! and good evasion, Thv, nightvision, and a whopping +40 reactions. I like it.
7QllyGS.png

Playing with the mortar in a doomed farm mission. Can't wait to get that bombard tank going.
8KkpbV5.png

These guys seem very weak to mind control as well. Tried to get this one to throw his cannon onto a roof but he's too wimpy.
sGr7URD.png

I'd really like to know Luka's stat limits. REA and THR keep going up past 100. Potential for some really scary throwing star numbers here.
UeBsDrE.png

Hmm, well reduced payments are better than leaving entirely at least.
EbbVlkJ.png

Not exactly what I was expecting for power armour. I mean, those are nice armour values, but the resistances are kinda lacking. I don't think this is worth the tradeoff compared to plate.
ZS6o5Yq.png

No idea what unlocked this (that songs of the deep stuff maybe? Perhaps it didn't display because it couldn't be researched at the base that got it) but this seems like a great weapon for underwater, or goblins, given it's low weight and massive damage. I suspect retrieving some will be hard though.
pc6Td2c.png

Hmm, interesting. Maybe a cool voodoo weapon or outfit? Doesn't seem aligned with green codex, but OTOH I'll take what I can get, our mages don't have much to work with right now.
3iX3qYa.png

Found a marsec ship on 'pacification' mission landed nearby. Time to gather some fancy guns!
7dwKAWH.png

Well shit, that's a very fancy gun indeed, and a suit to go with it.
QBWZMqT.png

They have superior drones too, with blue shields.
9lEmTNd.png

I wish I'd allocated more demon essence to the ship; the power armour guys have red shields, which this will go right through. I suspect their armour won't help them much either.
xzVN7QX.png

Sure enough, I get to test my theory a bit later and it melts the bastard instantly. Nice! Now to retrieve the body...
Mn7U48k.png

So many fucking enemies here though. Still not sure what works vs blue shields either. Assuming they're all different, maybe electricity or bio?
JQ4Y4lv.png

Motion scanner detects an enemy partway into the ship. I love this layout, it's so abusable. We pop in and skewer the poor bastard with a vibro spear.
214chBY.png

Turns out his sacrifice was a ploy to distract me though! I forgot Luka was out on the roof when I ended the turn!
1h1sQrC.png

:rage:
QHZgsbc.png

Nevermind. 'Twas but a flesh wound. Nothing a few rounds and some cigarretes can't fix.
H61TT5B.png

One of their drones runs all the way into the cockpit from the outside. It doesn't accomplish much though. Still, I'd have preferred to catch it on my turn so we could disable, rather than destroy the thing.
h0fg0UD.png

Probably should have left a while ago, but this feels like a great chance to get our hands on high level tech.
8PrJd5x.png

Sure enough, we manage to stun a drone on the roof. Luka might be injured, but she's still got an unholy level of TUs and reactions, so she heads out to retrieve it.
MpaSrI3.png

:imokay:
kZupkQ6.png

Did not realize these power armour cunts could fly. Well, that certainly complicates things.
1fvZktt.png

I decide to set up at our entrance over here. The enemies seem generally too timid to come aboard, so I really just want Luka in a position near the door so I can sprint out, grab the power armour and we can leave.
De7sPtN.png

Of course some cunt tries to get in on this particular turn. Whatever, eat laser sword, dickhead!
XYWMaQw.png

FUCK! I didn't consider the possibility of an aerial sniper taking out the person on the doorway. Gandalf goes down instantly. RIP. At least I know there's a pod waiting this time.
R2UanIn.png

Yep, that certainly seems like the sort of gun that would do the trick.
oUf8F7g.png

But it turns out that wasn't exactly a safe sniper position.
cmibC0N.png

Down with just two pain bolts. Though retrieving that body might be rather suicidal.
yrGMd8Q.png

Next turn we get another guy in basically the same spot :lol: We can't knock him out this time, but the wand deals a ton of morale and TU damage. He's probably out of the fight.
vF6eaE9.png

In fact, he served himself up to us on a platter by dropping his weapon and walking inside. Sadly, Modron chose this turn to go berserk, and not fire at the enemy.
rSFMwV6.png

However, with Lenneth right at the doorway with a poison dagger, he was easily put down.
1OPQnal.png

Time to bail before someone puts a blast bomb into the ship.
vrd98uO.png

No new weapons, but we captured 2 new enemies, each with a type of shield we haven't managed to create yet. Hell, blue shields aren't even discovered yet. This could be huge.
dz0t2e8.png

:salute:
Q81CqcW.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Getting to see the stats on blue shields is definitely worth a stasis pod.

Sadly the church/deep one connection seems to be an abandoned/tbd storyline, I certainly never got any more info than what we have now seen.

Damned Registrations

Having researched 3 different pieces now, I was really expecting some sort of payoff by now. Do I need a toso, leg, and dick too or something? Whatever these parts are for, it better be spectacular.
XxYSW0Y.png

Another voodoo category without an immediate payoff. Well, I can imagine some synergistic techs to go after if we want.
UB0fppu.png

Hah! Time for some revenge!
LGxUGUf.png

We get a much better spawning position, in the corner of a map, opposite the goons with a nearby building to provide cover.
DkRK6Tg.png

Their car is out in the open too, instead of stashed in a building.
TGob0qn.png

Sadly, the rocket launcher I brought to deal with it doesn't have the accuracy on a snapshot to do this.
jIAB1Hj.png

And the thing hides over here for the next 8 turns, forcing me to move my guy across the edge of the map to get a new angle.
2AxOWvE.png

Worth it.
3wFHk38.png

Heh, it even blew out the walls of the building the bandits are holed up in.
VRtaDCw.png

After shooting quite a few down, I rushed in to finish them off. There were way more than I expected though, and their stats are way too fucking good. They get a lot of hits in with the bandit knives, which cause a ton of wounds, and the skorpion smgs, which do as well, on top of causing fires.
utbyWsH.png

From full to this in a single round. Jesus.
Qv7MLqc.png

Jaedar got hit even worse.
E3MzGYe.png

They had so many wounds they had single digit accuracy at point blank, so I had to pull them both back to patch up. Thankfully they're good at surviving wounds.
oYZHdhO.png

Took a while, but the rest of the boys cleaned up.
hj9W4xI.png

No real reward to speak of though. I guess the misfortune armor pieces? This shit was obsolete a long time ago.
Yo8vl3m.png

Arcane Book result #2: A joke. A pretty good joke, at least.
VmlXmz9.png

Highly appropriate unpriming cost.
26HE2hB.png

It's happened! Hell has frozen over and we've discovered a real spider hunt, with spiders!
NKcN0nq.png

Luka cleaned house with a poison dagger, racking up a ton of valuable titles without taking a scratch.
fxBLZY3.png

Stats are getting pretty insane. Health is nearly double the default max, and we've got 5 extra armour on all facings.
Af5KZxI.png

Chryssalid Legacy was too sexy apparently. The TLDR is that we're the cryssalid legacy; Gals are apparently related to them and zombies.
PObVUms.png

Xeno Armor could unlock all sorts of awesome things with all the various beastie pelts we've gathered so far. Top priority. The munitions could be very nice too; hopefully they exist for something other than a cannon.

dmseI2b.png

Interesting, the pogrom is spawned as a 'comm wave' vessel with no heading.
R4M3Am0.png

It was a low ranking one with military police and humanists, so I went in guns blazing and managed to save most of the townsfolk. Not much reward for it, but it was easy xp.
RMf044X.png

Bioplasma gun is better than I expected, at least in the hands of an ogre with a masterblaster outfit. TU damage on a gun, especially a plasma gun with ~80 average damage, is insane. It has infinite ammo, and only spends 18 energy to fire a shot on top of the reasonable ~30% TU cost for firing. The description complained of lacking range, but it seems decent enough to me.
0iF8OkX.png

When can we join?
d6qyLcN.png

Heh. I suppose it might unlock better flightsuits.
4TmdK8G.png

Cute, but iirc it has such low range it's basically useless.
kOMgvS8.png

This thing seems more practical, at least against enemies vulnerable to fire.
Ynyg5HN.png

Found this while looking for the previous two entries as well. Seems kinda weak, but it is interesting.
7rnYSDj.png

Took out a patrol cruiser and set up this sweet shot with a knockout grenade on 5 enemies at once.
ET2OBHi.png

Sadly, no special title for multi-knockout with a single attack. Should have used a real grenade instead.
3mkE0Sc.png

Whatever extra intel this guy might have given, we already have. Really puzzling why these guys are so tough for such a shit reward.
Ln7o7i7.png

Got this off a ninja scroll rather than an interrogation. We've got a few more scrolls, so here's hoping we find something cool.
gPjMyi5.png

Bit of current events.
rN8oVRK.png

Wiz Biz mission! Heck yeah! Seems sketchy, but I'll trust in our team, it's only rank C. 'Mostly Harmless' isn't actually very restrictive, it basically just means no explosives.
qf5t8I6.png

Ah, so the gimmick is that there's a ton of bystanders and some funky zombies to turn them. I could see this getting out of hand if you brought the wrong weapons or came at night without enough nightvision.
rDRLdWi.png

Fortunately, we brought awesome weapons, including the custom snipin' gun. Still not enough to down this fucker in one attack though.
2LF9AEd.png

Modron gets to try out the bioplasma gun too. In retrospect, I should have left him on overwatch to halt the zombie before it could bite anyone. This thing is kind of like a 20 range plasma spear in that regard.
AhGUZFb.png

In the end, it was very easy, and we only lost one bystander. If we do it again, I could probably save everyone.
rdvwkxW.png

Wizardry Trophies? Sounds good!
tai0PWo.png

Got around to researching this. Despite that code breaking crap, we still can't use restricted weapons like the minilauncher or gauss guns. Frustrating. Perhaps the plasma caster will reveal the trick.
fvokcri.png

This fucking thing didn't even give me an extra tech after catching it alive! What a ripoff!

Getting to see the stats on blue shields is definitely worth a stasis pod.
You must have jinxed it! (I suspect I need to dissassemble one instead, which sucks.) I better get something more useful out of the exosuit guy.
Dz4LOw0.png

This is just bizarre to me. Why do I have like 5 rimrider bases before a single ninja one, if the ninja bases are set up by these piss weak transports I could easily stop? Feels like the timeline got fucked up.
yjl9NaM.png

:takemyjewgold:
3Mz191l.png

Honestly thought we'd have unlocked these sooner. Nice to finally have reliable, small, versatile medkits I can use eveywhere.
QU7rgyr.png

Hmm, that could be interesting... but space battles tend to involve weapons like lasers that cause few wounds.
XIlF4bk.png

Another red mage mission so soon! This isn't a bounty one though... the setup doesn't sound too bad. If we actually start out surrounding a house and the most notable enemies are a vampire and some zombie troopers, we should win pretty easily. I wonder if I should bring a nun... probably not. Chryssalid grenades instead perhaps? Wish I'd had time to research those munitions...
RnLMkcA.png

lightbane

Arcane
This is just bizarre to me. Why do I have like 5 rimrider bases before a single ninja one, if the ninja bases are set up by these piss weak transports I could easily stop? Feels like the timeline got fucked up.
You not only failed to keep up with the tech race, you also aren't using the tech tree and thus researching blindly, which resulted in the enemy escalation going wonky, I bet.

Bioplasma gun is better than I expected, at least in the hands of an ogre with a masterblaster outfit. TU damage on a gun, especially a plasma gun with ~80 average damage, is insane.
How exactly does TU damage work? I thought (with no evidence), that TU damage can't carry over at all to later turns. Meaning its great to have TU damage on spears that you reaction fire at melee enemies (stopping them), but doesn't do much for damaging enemy TUs on their turn, unless you just want to lower their ability to reaction fire. Then the next turn they have full TUs. But is that true, or can you send enemy TUs negative or something so that they have less/no TUs on their next turn?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Interesting, the pogrom is spawned as a 'comm wave' vessel with no heading.
This seems to happen a lot. Some kind of engine limitation? Intentional thing to let you see the race of a pogrom?
This thing seems more practical, at least against enemies vulnerable to fire.
Ynyg5HN.png
This is my favorite warcrime. The AoE on the fireballs is hilarious. Less so when one of your dudes reaction fires and sets half your squad ablaze.
Another red mage mission so soon! This isn't a bounty one though... the setup doesn't sound too bad. If we actually start out surrounding a house and the most notable enemies are a vampire and some zombie troopers, we should win pretty easily. I wonder if I should bring a nun... probably not. Chryssalid grenades instead perhaps? Wish I'd had time to research those munitions...
Congrats on getting your first "story mission". It's unique, one time only, and probably has all kinds of goodies on it. Don't worry about skipping it though, it will recur until you do it.

You not only failed to keep up with the tech race, you also aren't using the tech tree and thus researching blindly, which resulted in the enemy escalation going wonky, I bet.
For rimriders: Every month after the first 1.5 years, they have a 12% chance to set up a new base. The chance then increases month 28 and 36. (it's separate rolls, so you could get 3 bases in one month if you are unlucky)
For ninjas, you need to escalate the conflict before they'll do it.
So it's really not strange that you get a lot more rimrider bases than ninja.

lightbane

Arcane
This seems to happen a lot. Some kind of engine limitation? Intentional thing to let you see the race of a pogrom?
Comm waves aren't meant to be intercepted, you can see them and react to them, if possible.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Comm waves aren't meant to be intercepted, you can see them and react to them, if possible.
Can't really react to them though, they reach their destination too fast. But why even have them at all and not just spawn the mission?

std::namespace

Damned Registrations

you dont need to throw weapons on roofs, only their ammo
That'd require throwing 3 things and unloading the gun though, it'd take way too long for one possession.

To be fair, even with the tech tree I'd have been trying to research plasma cannons before flaming arrows anyways, so it'd probably have the same result if escalation is linked to positions on the tech tree. I'd assumed it was based on time and rank though. Perhaps I should have stuck to lower ranks for even longer? That feels wrong. Whatever, we're still managing and I'm enjoying the difficulty level so far. If we had 12 gals like Lenneth running around right now most missions would simply be tedious.

I thought (with no evidence), that TU damage can't carry over at all to later turns.
I think that's exactly it. The advantage of the bioplasma gun is that I could give it to someone on overwatch and stop an enemy in his tracks before he even turns to see us or gets a chance to fire. Using it to disable reactions on certain enemies so we can safely run up and stun them or something would be great too. Honestly I should bust out the ninja sickles again for this exact reason; they're only range 5 but they are very abusable in the same sort of way with sufficient stats. Though vibro spears have kind of made them obsolete.

38x10 dmg might be decent for stripping shields, or armor rending if it has any
That's true, but if I'm getting within ~5 tiles to do that, I may as well just use a melee weapon. Kind of a problem with short range weapons like that once you've got people that can cover 10 tiles and stab you 5 times for the same cost as firing a gun twice.

Lets rob some mages!

But before I forget, lets check out this counterfeit thing! It seems it works by converting 1 large chip into multiple smaller chips. I've been hoarding a bunch, so we'll have supplies for this to some extent. Seems like the profit here is 4:1.
rJYXMvX.png

Here it's 15 to 1... but it's still only ~14k in profit and takes just as long. Guess the chip type doesn't matter a whole lot.
cVE6Kfw.png

Well, this is a decent profit (not that we could sustain this for long)
jAiBVaV.png

But chemicals produce even greater profits ex nihilo. WTF. Either chips serve some other purpose (like gambling, but that demand is so easily met...) or there's an improvement to this tech waiting in the wings. Or the game isn't balanced well.
AQ66sNh.png

Whatever, onward to the fun bit!
4K1aBSb.png

And I just remembered it said 'don't take more stuff than you can carry.' Fuck. This was followed by me making another discovery: hitting escape is the shortcut to confirm loadouts. So I guess everyone is bringing their standard gear, rather than zombie slaying shit.
Ky3sAU7.png

Well, that's certainly a fucking zombie.
s1wGTWA.png

There's a bunch of troopers too. No crazy laser weapons, but pretty decent mundane ones, like this minigun and some cannons.
BwCta47.png

Overall castle layout is pretty cool. I dig the aesthetics. The corners are basically sniper nests, protected by pillars that can be shot through from the right angles.
X44Ag7w.png

I think our ratmage might be fucked. I can try to hide behind this fence, but if I go up against it or behind the more solid pillar, she'll be in range of the two mega zombies in the front here.
Im5GYKs.png

I'm not even sure the fence will block shots reliably, so I have the catgirl and Lightbane hug the wall of the castle over here where they can't get a bead on them.
P2ZQ83q.png

This plan did not take into account zombies falling from the sky to shoot us with a shotgun however. Mission is off to a bad start. RIP one catgirl.
piknvGB.png

Lightbane flies up above to get out of that enemy's LoS and look for other targets. Well, target acquired. We found the vampire. It sucked that the team's entire arsenal ended up over here with Lightbane instead of near the entrance with the stronger teammates, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise. The vampire isn't muc of a threat to him, and the grenade we brought from the pile should easily annihilate her.
Ql1oBxI.png

We probe the zombie while waiting for the vampire to approach. Damn, thats some bulk. I hope the game has more miniboss enemies like this, it's more interesting than everything being a humanoid you can kill with one shot from the right weapon. Tanks are kind of interesting too but even those are more of an armour check than something like this.
EaVQLyM.png

Luckily, our 4 best fighters are all at the front where these zombies are, and while their gear isn't ideal (I'd kill for those vibro spears) it's more than up to the task when we've got these handy shacks to hide in nearby.
LBhM6ZK.png

Since they're so bulky I don't even have to really try to take them allive. We can inflict hundreds of points of stun and then finish them off with massive damage. Hopefully they don't get back up easily.
TeK70Go.png

Megazombie 1. Rat 0.
6KKf6kx.png

Found out first live target with Lightbane's psi senses. She's rocking a gothic raygun. Stylish AND dangerous.
600jJ3t.png

Alpparently these things deal 1100% of their listed damage. So they don't deal 600 damage to a chryssalid, but rather about 6600. Man, this would have utterly gibbed the megazombies.
0j3O9YT.png

Troops start coming out. Seems there's only one entry chokepoint.
knyu5Yd.png

Hey, hold onto this for me, will you?
sHpM4fc.png

Seems there's an important room accessible back here?
4RVbzvv.png

Aha! Nice.
EGDQTkM.png

Luckily Lightbane has a dart pistol on him. We can easily take this guy alive.
QUUjRVY.png

Another human shows up. Taking these alive would be nice, but is not practical.
5ACJA0R.png

Things are moving pretty quickly. Luka, Lenneth and Risin Angel all have to share a single fucking autogun because 2 of them are armed with nina stars and melee weapons by default, trying to train up throwing. Still, they've got so many TUs to spare it works and they whittle the zombies down from afar.
O8xnavn.png

Trying to attack this zombie that jumped from the roof... but the hedge is only accessible from there!
ohhUILf.png

Well, we can run right past him all the way to our gear stash in a single turn. We can also simply stop along the way and gut the fucker with the force blade.
6VEjyoL.png

Another dangerous enemy. Good thing we've been hiding in those shacks this whole time. Also good that we've got some decent shielded units that can handle her attacks easily now.
WjF24no.png

Also, unlike the other 3, Modron came in loaded with a ton of weapons, because he's got both room and strength to spare. He might not have had the bioplasma rifle, but the shredder does incredible work too.
7LOozj0.png

Luka makes it to the stash but lacks the inventory space to bring back a proper arsenal. Still, we take the time to throw an assault laser up onto the roof for lightbane. Should be more than enough to handle the strix.
QbncwBJ.png

This is going better than I expected. Glad we came during the day; we've got decent nightvision but it's still just pure benefit to fight zombies duing the day.
T7Gj4PT.png

Decided to bring back the bioplasma gun; It's got infinite ammo and will be good for avoiding zombie ambushes later. It's not nearly as strong in the hands of a gal, but it's still not too shabby.
5m1dka9.png

Strix went down, and without exploding at that since she fell on her turn from the DOT! Nice.
U3IqVkO.png

We put the mage to sleep next. Seems like a lot of nice loot in here.

AUABLzA.png

Area layout. There's a lot of floors and no elevators, only various stairways. So even though the castle itself isn't massive, it's quite a lot of work to explore it all.
zf5HgsO.png

Weird Thingie? Is this the padlock?
ACdAg6s.png

Next stage took quite a while. Luka's energy is mostly spent, and the zombies are playing coy.
vJ8MNur.png

We do find some other interesting stuff though.
W368lRq.png

Luka ends up reaching this room through the stairs. The sleep darts seemed to keep wearing off too quickly, hopefully the lasso does a better job.
2M2EXGH.png

Modron is hanging around outside sniping troopers with the plasma gun. There's another buegeye in cybermage armour off to the right who has been hiding this entire time behind the fence.
VfQcVwk.png

I fought Modron would be fine out in the open here since the trooper had a shotgun, but apparently he also had a grenade.
BcBJyts.png

Thankfully, Modron can shrug that off, and it didn't even get through Lenneth's shields. That mesh armour is legit!
aXlr417.png

There's apparently a path up to this part of the roof as well, but it's a very long way around.
qxfEtFb.png

We spy the basement too, with the sense powers spotting a noblewoman down here.
NIggjwR.png

Luka has massive stun buildup now, so I tried to bring lightbane over to administer stims. But apparently it's not just drinks you can't use on a Syn, but any sort of medkit at all. Gah. Maybe I should start carrying crack around or something. Unlike normal units, Syns apparenty build up stun when their energy is low. So if I sprint around and spent 70% of my energy, I'll get a bunch of stun buildup each turn.
YP4YTac.png

Another room full of loot with a zombie guarding it. We've got it's exists covered though, it's either going to eat forceblade or bioplasma, and neither is going to let it take a shot.

cxfNmsc.png

We find the noblewoman after taking it out as well.I managed to get a canteen of to Luka to recover the stun. We've still at like half energy, but we can bide our time some more now.
MXPOScR.png

Basement is interesting too, lots of cells, some with captives inside. There was also a rear entrance I failed to notice.
mozRATP.png

The other strix has shown herself. Rather than fire on her, I leave Modron in overwatch to pre-empt her attack.
KMzjhfS.png

The strix leaves LoS though and he instead shoots this trooper that was still wandering around. Nice! I really like this thing. A shame it's so hard to make it this effective. Even another ogre couldn't use it this well without the masterblaster outfit giving 50 extra health.
JGFDZWJ.png

I spot a trooper up on the roof. Lightbane can't do dick to it so we'll leave it to Modron again.
8cEqBsS.png

Man, this could have saved me a lot of trouble. Oh well.
gjkdnoP.png

Basement seems to be zombie themed while upstairs has the fancy books and shit. There's coffins and stuff down here too.
1ifS0pB.png

Modron got lit up by that trooper with his minigun. I think something else was involved too, because his energy got wiped as well.
zLA9CZn.png

He'd actually fired the reaction shot but it clipped the parapet.
bGf9HCC.png

Fortunately Lenneth was close enough to save his bacon.
xhLthHH.png

We also had some people nearby with medkits to patch him up.
EmbBkTo.png

Mission ended right after that. Not a bad result, all things considered.
kiZyKa2.png

Lots of loot. Not a ton of it is new, but plenty of value in here. Strongboxes, lots of books and such, a 'Black Mask' and some good prisoners, including both megazombies.
ABrHUvx.png
eoFMujP.png

Found this while making room. Is there a mission type that restricts you to this category of gear? Would make for quite the challenge I'd expect. Those sprayguns are probably shit. Makes me all the more curious about that mask too.
iipChJ7.png

Farewell kitty. She wasn't quite an elite, but she was well on her way. Keeping them alive is really, really hard without meta knowledge.
z8f3QS8.png

Had some spy attempts going on for a while, seems to have mostly paid off. We got other things to manufacture right now though.
EbOjw1q.png

Like so!
R5RrfSA.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Tried to get this one to throw his cannon onto a roof but he's too wimpy.
you dont need to throw weapons on roofs, only their ammo
If you unload it and drop the ammo on the ground, is the ai clever enough to pick it up and reload?
I'd assumed it was based on time and rank though. Perhaps I should have stuck to lower ranks for even longer? That feels wrong.
Ranking up really doesn't seem to increase difficulty much, at least until the very end. Time is the true enemy.
Well, this is a decent profit (not that we could sustain this for long)
You can easily sustain BRRRRRRRRRRRing by setting a few runts to make the higher tier chip without selling it. Due to how it compounds, a single silver chip can keep your runts busy for weeks. Bit strange chemicals are better than all the default BRRRRRRRRRRRRR. There are better minting options later though, so that should flip it. My printing base has 200 runts working, generating ~12 million per month.

Damned Registrations

If you unload it and drop the ammo on the ground, is the ai clever enough to pick it up and reload?
Good question. They'll pick up weapons on their own. I suspect they'd grab ammo too, but it's worth testing. Picking up an empty weapon in one spot and ammo in another does sound like the kind of thing that would be beyond it though...

Time is the true enemy.
Yeah, the game said as much itself. For all the trouble the tech tree has given us, I think the real reason we're in this situation are those early setbacks, losing craft, bases and elites. We've been bottlenecked way harder by lack of money than by not knowing we need to interrogate a bartender to unlock the specific type of booze that gives us superpowers, or whatever. Now that that is turning around, I once more find my self in the situation of having more totally viable research options than I know what to do with. I've got like 20 weapons I'd be using right now, sitting unresearched because there's just not enough brainers to do it all.

Alright, time to reveal the glorious lootbox results!

Well, that could have been more exciting. The staff sounds really good though, maybe our first instance of warp damage? If it's charm or mind I'd be pleased too honestly. Even the wands are quite decent in the right circumstance, and the only reason I don't use the cobra staff more often is that it's damage is overkill. Good to know we can get simulacrum parts here too. Sadly, the staff can't be researched nor equipped yet. Boo!

zHJXqAe.png

This was a huge disappointment. I mean, I guess I was supposed to unlock this way earlier since all it really seemed to need was a medic telling me the right stuff, but even so. It's like, on par with chainmail, but no shield? It gives some stat bonuses but penalties to throwing sucks, since that's easily the best stat to boost. I suppose it's got great voodoo defense at least.
Fkr1LNy.png

I'm highly amused that we left our supposed rivals in the dust, seemingly because they only advance when we research them. Weird that they function this way when other factions clearly do not.
FLcDleq.png

What government are you swaying in Antarctica? Go home escort, you're drunk.
ShLACzk.png

So after taking such a huge risk to capture this guy, the payoff is...
enykiRD.png

This. Fuck. I was expecting some mandatory unlock like you get from most other high tier enemies. Maybe we're missing power armour related prereqs though, and having this done means we can unlock some high tier armour.
OalGVmn.png

Nothing good from this. Maybe there's a gravball based mission :lol:
c0G2yHC.png

Hah! This sounds like the good stuff. I'd have gone after prisoners a bit harder if I knew the tech tree hinged so hard on these. I figured it was mostly disjointed stuff, like discovering the stapler or capturing anyone in aqua plastics unlocking that armour tier.
r9f3DcV.png

Nice. Synthmuscle we've already got some techs related to, I hope it's something nice (and maybe Syn equippable? Luka is still rocking that early refractor) while the canister launcher is the weapon the Eridians use. Would love to enable that for Luka to become a poison monster; the grenade launcher is awkward to reload after each shot without a backpack. Lastly, heavy-duty construction is clearly one of those lynchpin techs. Power armour, tanks, craft, facilities... that could do almost anything. Easily the best tech we've got this update.
NCtkjJu.png

Ninja scrolls keep paying out decent stuff. Why fight them when we can spy on them? Wish we could spy on the big three...
aA9JGS4.png

Ship? Sounds like a ship!
JULeTOc.png

Ah, so this is why gold bars are so easy to get. Duly noted.
aes1LNB.png

Even robbing/dismantling the things we captured from Marsec wouldn't give us anything new. Disappointing.
hrOtgXe.png

I'm going to be very concerned if we ever need to hit something with 4 flak cannons to kill it.
i2sDCBV.png

I think we can turn noblewomen into these? Or maybe it was espers. Probably useful for some sort of faciliity.
CsWDc5M.png

Interesting, it unlocked a tech.
0p80Q8x.png

Captive wanderer info. Wish we'd been able to snag more of those back when the academy outposts were popping up regularly.
BMsEYbz.png

Hmm. Hard to get excited about a 10% damage reduction, but I suppose that's actually pretty impressive given that it applies before flat reductions from armour. Shame it doesn't work on the more basic types like piercing or lasers or concussive. Still, probably worth throwing on Modron or a gal in plate.
OdIJ7r7.png

THIS is a bit more exciting though. If the mask does all that, what oes other stuff related to it do? And if there's a research for this, the mask is clearly a gateway item like the stapler was.
oY7bf5T.png

Bah. Like I needed even more craft missiles, let alone shitty ground vehicle ones.
uzYHcix.png

Hmm, sounds like the kind of thing I'd try. Any volunteers for being consumed by shadows and never heard of again?
2Ls0lPz.png

Not what I was expecting. Surprisingly easy to research.
MVlGROo.png

Properties are pretty decent- it's a bit expensive to fire, but in the hands of say, Lightbane, it'll dish out 4 attacks of ~60 damage to terrain, which is a lot better than anything short of an ogre with a big weapon or like, a mining laser. Bypassing 50% of armour with a daze attack could be decent for captures too, but most armored things have massive daze resistances anyways... I suspect it's fate will be getting thrown onto the gnome so she can bust open caves reliably. Note to self; recruit some of the gnomes we have as prisoners, and the castaway we got from the mage castle.
JvpFs5N.png

Given that we trounced that mage mission and this is presumably easier, I figured we should check it out. Description seems... pretty easy, honestly. Provided we have trained ubers (and we do, especially Lenneth) beating up a bunch of poorly armed researchers or whatever should be a cakewalk, much like the party missions. I wonder if we could send Luka in? That'd be beyond busted. I should probably worry about voodoo defense too; they might include espers as 'poorly armed' for all I know. Shame Gandalf got taken down, she'd have been perfect for this.
5W7uVby.png

Another zombie hunt. Buster zombies are actually pretty insane, I never realized their hp was actually this high. It's like 3/4ths of a megazombie but in a single tile.
sgGi5dz.png

Mostly just catgirl training going on. Also trying to get Lightbane to cap his throwing, so he can make good use of that deck of cards, which, infuriatingly, does not train throwing itself. Still gave almost all the kills to Luka to farm titles.
TAcagky.png

Forgot who spilled the beans on this, but it's probably important somehow.
xCR0ICO.png

So now that I've heard of this thing we can build one right? Pretty please? At least give me a ship with shields this year?
fPFBiNi.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom