Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Tanks: looks face-meltingly awesome

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have about 200 most of the time but had about 700-800 sometimes and it was still playable

Destroid

Arcane
It's not at all like twisted metal - in order to have anything even vaguely resembling an accuarate shot you need to be stationary and give the turret a second or so to settle.

Lot of fun, although a lot of the time people just charge in and everyone dies, but hey it's a new game.

Um... it was kind of fun, and the upgrades were okay, I just can't see myself spending that much time on it. Not my cup o tea I suppose.

Monk

Arcane
Thanks! I played one match and it worked fine. One can buy parts, new vehicles, etc., through credits won or gold. There will also be auctions, trades, new vehicles, and infantry.

Maybe some developers can just use the BF2 game and turn it into something like this, i.e., with additional vehicles (not just tanks), a garage or center to buy weapons, vehicles, etc.

Destroid

Arcane
I actually find the grinding and upgrades etc to be the worst part of the game really.

BF style games are better in that they are focused on gameplay, games like this unfortunately are focused on making you spend money for premium content.

xrm1

Educated
The tier system needs some work but so far I'm having a blast in my piece of shit Pz3 Ausf A.
In the end there are always roughly the same amount of bigger tanks and TDs in each team, you don't really need to grind to get to the next tank ASAP to be useful.

If they deliver all the stuff they've planned, ie more maps, battles for territory, more game modes, clans and most importantly ways to actually play with friends this is gonna be one of the better F2P games I've seen, I might even be tempted to get me a premium account.

Destroid

Arcane
It's really annoying that when you get a new tank it really sucks until you grind for a while to buy the decent things for it.

xrm1

Educated
Destroid said:
It's really annoying that when you get a new tank it really sucks until you grind for a while to buy the decent things for it.

Yeah, it would be good if the tier balancing system took upgrades into account. Putting base Pz4 in games with Pz3AusfA and the like and the upgraded versions into games with KV's and VK3601.

There is a huge difference between the base Pz3 and the 1943 version you get after you upgrade everything and going from that to the 1939 version of the Pz4 seems like a step back.
If you use a rookie crew instead of retraining that only makes it ten times worse.

Destroid

Arcane
I can tell I have been playing this too much because I nearly have a KV.

And when I get it it's going to be so much more shitty than the T-28.

Korgan

Arbiter
KVs have really shitty turret speed. It's probably best to use them like tank destroyers, because running circles around them is all too easy.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
entertainer said:
Nothing wrong with KV turret speed, Tigers on the other hand are totally nerfed.

Tigers were really nothing special in real life unless you really had a good crew on them. They were a bitch to maintain, turret turning speed was slow as was the tank itself. Is this how they are in this game?

xrm1

Educated
Pretty much, they also tend to spontaneously combust from what I hear.

reaven

Educated
This game is really fun once you get a tank that isn't a piece of crap.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yeah right now I'm not having much fun, any time I try to engage anyone I just get killed off without much effort because my tank sucks. I try to get around behind people since I'm assuming they have weaker armor there, but it doesn't make a difference.

I'm also really struggling with very bad pings, I'm ususally playing with a 300+ ping.

Hopefully if I give it a little time the game will become more fun, but right now it's like I'm not even really playing.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It seems like the most fun way to play this game is to put a tank into a battle, then Exit Battle, then put your other tank into a battle, then Exit Battle, then put it in windowed mode and do something else until those battles are over.

It takes ~20 games to get up to your next tank and the starting tank can't do jack shit due to no armor, slow speed, and zero accuracy (it takes 6+ seconds for your aiming thing to zero in on someone as a starter, and if you move even slightly it resets all the way, however other people have been driving all around me at full speed and hitting most of the time).

xrm1

Educated
Are you using the LeichtTraktor? That one sucks.
The MS-1 is pretty good on the other hand, I got enough xp to research everything in one round just by hanging back behind other tanks and taking aimed shots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom