Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry... MMORPG

pocahaunted

Arcane
It LOOKS just like all those FF MMOS, which isn't exactly a good thing.

Jocund

Novice
GarfunkeL said:
Trammel killed UO! :singletear:

Truer words have never been spoken. While I abhor free to play + micro-transaction models (when the micro-transactions are "optional" but really essential and never-ending), an MMO with actual risk and consequences makes me very interested. Definitely will keep an eye on this.

hydd

As much as this interests me, free to play & permadeath/pk do not mix in the slightest.

I can promise you there will be exploiters using new accounts to PK players, bank their gear and delete the account. There is at least a small barrier of entry with pay to play titles.

Nattvardsvin

Learned
I actually like a bunch of anime and Japanese art, but this looks ugly.
I don't get why there are cute little blonde midget..things with big eyes and huge heads in a Wizardry game.

IMO there is good Japanese style art and there is bad. This looks bad to me.

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
.... Trammel killed UO! :singletear:
What if instead of playing on Trammel those players would have quit the game completely? How would that be better for your enjoyment of UO??? So how is them quitting better than them playing on Trammel???

Fucking HELL where do retards like you live? I want to avoid that place!!!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Way to do a necro. Anyway, those players were happily playing UO before the care-bear-land came along. You're presenting a false dichotomy - as far as I know/remember, UO wasn't losing customers at that stage, just that they weren't growing, much and apparently EQ and AC were becoming bigger. Hence the decision by OSI/EA to create a non-PVP version. Except it didn't work out because UO had not been designed that way from the start.

Felucca became a ghost town where only the PVP-crowd hanged out, whereas Trammel immediately became completely filled with player housing to the extent that you couldn't get even a tiny house for under a million gold. All dungeons were being farmed 24/7 as were all dragon spawn points in the wild, as were good mining spots and so on. Some people came back to Felucca just because Trammel was so crowded and playing there became so self-defeating. I'm 100% sure that the Trammel change caused more players to quit - in the long term - that it brought new players, in the short term.

So go fuck yourself, you moron.

DraQ

Arcane
This probably should go in the MMORPG subforum but no sane Codexer would ever look in there.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/09 ... ry-online/

EDIT:
:rage:
3462d7r.jpg

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/soe-takes-wizardry-online-under-its-wing/

Sony will be publishing Wiz online for west it seems. :killit:

I was looking forward to this , and looks like its gonna be f2p cash shop abomination. Oh well still gonna give it a spin cause its Wizardry and cause griefing oportunities sound too hilarious to pass up.
3462d7r.jpg

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Still waiting for someone to buy rights to Shadowbane. Dat lore man. Dat lore...

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
IT LOOKS SO UNBELIEVEABLE JAPANESE SHIT IT HURTS.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I, ahn, read about the japanese version using my l33t 日本語 skillz, and it's a very weird MMO... it looks bland & grindy as fuck, but it's quite hard and has some non-MMO in it, like plataforming, traps, trapped chests you have to disarm, pulling levers to opens doors and even Wizardry-like fountains with undisclosed effects... not to mention a death system that can result in permadeath. A refreshing change in MMO's...

But the rest is dissapinting; combat is not Wow-like, more like GW2, but is still very boring and feels weird... and there is no overland map, you just warp between towns and dungeons. But the most annoying thing are endless, unskippable, SLOW AS FUCK cutscenes at the start of the game that you can't skip. It took me some random jap bro almost an hour to get to the first combat, just watching NPC talk veeeeeeery slowly... Also, you can romance town NPCs. :roll:

made

Arcane
Still waiting for someone to buy rights to Shadowbane. Dat lore man. Dat lore...
On April 13, 2012, Chinese game company Changyou announced it had acquired the intellectual property rights and source code to Shadowbane with the intent of developing a new version of the game, which would be titled World of Shadowbane.

xD

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
On April 13, 2012, Chinese game company Changyou announced it had acquired the intellectual property rights and source code to Shadowbane with the intent of developing a new version of the game, which would be titled World of Shadowbane.

xD

:rage::rage::rage:

GODDAMS FUCKING UBISOFT SHITHEAD JEWS!!! There were many willing buyers of the game when the Shadowbane was about to go under- real, dedicated players who just wanted to keep the game alive, even if it meant dishing out their own cash. They approached Ubi on several occasions to cut a deal and nothing. Now this? They sell the rights to Chinese to turn it into some bland pay-to-win animu crapfest!!!

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013

xD

:rage::rage::rage:

GODDAMS FUCKING UBISOFT SHITHEAD JEWS!!! There were many willing buyers of the game when the Shadowbane was about to go under- real, dedicated players who just wanted to keep the game alive, even if it meant dishing out their own cash. They approached Ubi on several occasions to cut a deal and nothing. Now this? They sell the rights to Chinese to turn it into some bland pay-to-win animu crapfest!!!

:lol:

Are you serious? 'Real, dedicated players' usually don't have a whole bundle of cash. Why would anyone listen to them when they can have millions from the chinks?

Ermm

Erudite
Are these real players? Oh fuck, shameful as it is, I am psyched for this, even though I hate every single MMORPG in existence. Now it is in beta, and probably I won't be selected. How long before the beta ends, and we can play this for real?

Ermm

Erudite
I am registered and all, but they are not sending me the launcher to download the game. Anyone can upload the launcher in rapidshare and send me a link plz? It's few mb's anyway. Please, please, please,?

(yes, my email has been verified).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom