Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry 8 sucks! (LOL)

Is op a fag?

• Total voters

TigerKnee

Arcane
Are we talking about specifically blobber JRPGs or just the genre in general?

For the former, it's because they haven't advanced past Wizardry 1-5.

For the latter, because they don't have first person exploration and the dungeon design/puzzles tend to be significantly inferior and blobber combat don't really tend to be that interesting anyway.

sigma1932

Augur
...and every reviewer claimed that it was like being able to suck your own dick
Unless you're a fag, I never understood why this would be equated with something positive... I mean, think about it.. in order to suck your own dick, first you have to put a dick in your mouth... and no straight guy even wants to think about that, let alone do it.

Second, what do you do with the jizz? Again, no guy wants to think about that, regardless of whether you're gonna spit or swallow...

Third, your head would be positioned the wrong way for a decent blowjob (unless you're talking about some contortionist shit where you bend all the way around backwards... which, yeah, good luck with that)... even if you deepthroat that fucker (which again, no straight guy wants to think about), it's still not gonna be as good as the other way.

Fourth, there's the issue of having to concentrate on keeping your own teeth in check, and if nothing I already mentioned takes the "fun" away from it and turns it into "work", that'll do it.

Finally, when all is said and done, at best, you get an orgasm no better than what you'd get from an extended beat-off session.... so really, what's the fucking point?

Just save yourself the trouble an invest in a cheap bottle of lotion and a towel, or for those of more discerning taste, a cheap pocket pussy (don't buy an expensive one, cuz you know damn well you'll only clean the fucking thing at most the first couple times you use it, and after that it'll start to smell so bad you won't have a choice but to throw the fucking thing out).

As for the wizardry series, I always saw them more as JRPG's masquerading as WRPGs... a lot of monster grinding and mostly linear or meaningless branching story-wise.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Scrooge do you have that scrubbed Wiz6 item list I made for you? Might be handy for DavidBVal . The list contains basically all items available in VI but with spoiler type information removed such as curses etc. It is useful in that you avoid missing out on something nice due to not have meta-knowledge. As a fringe benefit what appears awesome may be cursed. Enjoy!

Uhhhhh, I fear I lost it when I bought my new computer and didn't think of transferring it, sorry :(

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
This thread made me want to start Wiz8 all over again. Tried several times, but I've never finished the damned game.

sigma1932

Augur
He has only 17 brofists, no reason to get mad.
And at least half of those came from stuff more like the first 15(?) lines of my post above over the last line (i.e. retarded off-topic shit).

In all honestly, I could give a fuck about Wizardry, good or bad, and out of the whole series, I've admittedly only played Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord and Heart of the Maelstrom on NES and SNES... and then literally back in the 4th generation days when those two consoles were still mainstream-relevant... maybe other versions/installments in the series are better, and if they frost yer proverbial cake, have at'r... but I couldn't bring myself to bother with the series again.

Either way, while I stand by what I said because that's the impression I got of them from my admittedly limited experience, but if you want more detailed information on the game, I'd be the first one to tell you to go by someone else's word over mine.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Unless you're a fag, I never understood why this would be equated with something positive... I mean, think about it.. in order to suck your own dick, first you have to put a dick in your mouth... and no straight guy even wants to think about that, let alone do it.

Don't worry, none of us believe that you would put a dick in your own mouth, or even think about it. Or even consider all the pros and cons behind the possibility, nor make a list of them. Be at ease.

If you're willing to go through 6 to 8, then this might be interesting for you https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/wizardry_complete_storefront
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/wizardry_complete_storefront

Thanks!

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Don't worry, none of us believe that you would put a dick in your own mouth, or even think about it. Or even consider all the pros and cons behind the possibility

Like be a member of the staff in a very short time.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
In all honestly, I could give a fuck about Wizardry, good or bad, and out of the whole series, I've admittedly only played Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord and Heart of the Maelstrom on NES and SNES...

You do realize that it's the JRPG crowd that has been copying Wizardry 1-5 and that Wizardry 6-8 offer a much richer experience?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Bane of the Cosmic Forge, there I go!

Purchased, check.

Installed, check.

First exploratory walk and TPK to a few bats, check.

Now creating characters and looking through the manual. I wonder what would happen if I dialed one of these "hotlines" on first page. Would be kind of creepy if someone actually answered, wouldn't it?

At what point do work arounds and fast play patches change a game? I understand games that were great but had a great deal of bugs. Then a community comes in and fixes the bugs. Wiz 8 had one community patch, to my knowledge. That was to increase the speed of the terrible encounters. Dear lord, someone help me here, the combat is awful, the encounters are boring, why is this a must play game?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
At what point do work arounds and fast play patches change a game? I understand games that were great but had a great deal of bugs. Then a community comes in and fixes the bugs. Wiz 8 had one community patch, to my knowledge. That was to increase the speed of the terrible encounters. Dear lord, someone help me here, the combat is awful, the encounters are boring, why is this a must play game?

You're mixing things up. These games are speleology, not an outing. Entertainment is secondary, the challenge is what matters here. If you're not having fun and don't find the challenge interesting, just play something else. What's the problem?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why is this a must play game?
It isn't. The Codex tricked you. He's mean sometimes. Stop trying so hard to force yourself to like the game since clearly its virtues are lost on you. If you hate it so far, nothing anyone says is going to make you magically like it. The game doesn't change later on. It's more of the same. You've seen what it offers and found it wanting. Now it's time to let it go.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter

I was musing this thread a bit - not sure when to jump in.

Saw your OP and read you bought this game eons ago but only tried it recently. Would be helpful if you mentioned what games you liked from that era.

My short answer would be

If you like pressing F(ight), F(ight), F(ight), C(ast), C(ast), U(se), U(se) and all that in RPG - then Wiz 8 is one of the best of all time.

If you like to be told a good story and read lots of text - play Witcher 1-3, or from that time the Bee Gees.

I also played Wiz8 many years after I bought it - in my Codex era you could say - and found it an excellent blobber.

The spells, the wide choice of characters, character development, the circular combat grid where you had to think about how your party could get surrounded. How you could use your physical environment to your advantage - think of narrow passageways - and even then the AI would try going around you.

Note how I don't talk about the story or hardly ever talk about the story.

So - what other games did you like in that era?

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Bane of the Cosmic Forge, there I go!
I wonder what would happen if I dialed one of these "hotlines" on first page. Would be kind of creepy if someone actually answered, wouldn't it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom