Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you solo Storm Of Zehir?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Jaesun said:
Pure ass rape. I love it!
why must you make everything weird?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Jaesun said:
I'm playing it now. heh good luck soloing it (without majorly cheeting).

Man the beginning is fucking brutal!

Here you go party! No weapons, oh and look enemies that are attacking! Have fun looking around trying to find weapons, while being attacked.

The party conversation system REALLY comes in handy for grabbing a couple of starting weapons there.

Also, a single heavy hitting, high strength character can really make the opening fights a lot easier. Just a little hint there.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Anthony Davis said:
Jaesun said:

Here you go party! No weapons, oh and look enemies that are attacking! Have fun looking around trying to find weapons, while being attacked.

The party conversation system REALLY comes in handy for grabbing a couple of starting weapons there.

Also, a single heavy hitting, high strength character can really make the opening fights a lot easier. Just a little hint there.

That's his way of saying you're a dumbass.

No need to be polite here.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Anthony Davis said:
Jaesun said:

heh yea I saw the diplomacy check, just *in character* I decided to let them keep their weapons, and *THOUGHT* I'd have time to scrounge before that damned first battle. ;)

HARD KORE OLD SK00L! :D

Tying my 3rd reload now heh

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Jaesun said:
Anthony Davis said:
Jaesun said:

heh yea I saw the diplomacy check, just *in character* I decided to let them keep their weapons, and *THOUGHT* I'd have time to scrounge before that damned first battle. ;)

HARD KORE OLD SK00L! :D

Tying my 3rd reload now heh

Ok, I'm gonna mess with you now.

There is an epithet feat awarded to you if you can keep the crew alive too.

Obvioulsy this is not easy to get.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Anthony Davis said:
There is an epithet feat awarded to you if you can keep the crew alive too.

Obvioulsy this is not easy to get.

I *knew* you bastards would add something like that! ;)

Well done. I wasn't able to pull that off.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Antony, I know it's not your thing and all. But interface, controls and camera of neverwinter nights is clusterfuck. Just hope your next project will fix that. I mean something post-neverwinter.

I have high hopes for Alpha Protocol camera and combat.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It does. But camera in this game is like roleplaying aspect of oblivion, beyond redemption.

But game has so much good traits that camera can be skipped.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Annie Carlson said:
SuicideBunny said:
can you kill cohorts with your own hands as sacrifice to dark heathen gods?

You'll just have to see, won't you? :twisted:
well played, well played indeed.
now i just need to catch all the cohorts...

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
I will probably try soloing it. A normal playthrough first, though. Am planning to start out with three roguebased chars, so they will probably keep getting their ass handed to them in the beginning, but hell.

goatvomit

Eau de Rapax
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I assume that getting to the final battle with just one character would be hard enough but soloing the final battle sounds like a really tall order. Perhaps not impossible but borderline masochism.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
goatvomit said:
I assume that getting to the final battle with just one character would be hard enough but soloing the final battle sounds like a really tall order. Perhaps not impossible but borderline masochism.

No. Impossible. At least if there is a level cap in SoZ (AFAIK there is, but I may be wrong).
It would be possible if it was turn-based, via the reload-until-critical-and-enemy-miss tactic. But thank god it isn't ;)

Disconnected

Scholar
inwoker said:
It does. But camera in this game is like roleplaying aspect of oblivion, beyond redemption.
I disagree.

UI:
Area map needs to get rid of the weird range limitations, needs to be more scalable, and needs to decide if the intention is to give the player an overview of stuff within visible range, or if it's supposed to be an area map. Either's fine, but pick one.

Scaling needs fixing. I need a fucking microscope to see what's happening in 1920x1200, despite playing on a 24" panel. Works fine in 1280 on a projector, but I'm guessing most people don't play like that.

Don't hide shortcuts to stuff the player needs every other moment. Like spellbooks, journals, inventory screens and whatnot.

Stop delaying player input. When you delay right-clicks, all you accomplish is to make me press really hard on the right mouse button. It's a nuisance to me, and probably means you own a lot of impatient NWN players a new mouse (though not me... yet).

Be consistent about the quickslotting functionality. That's really an extension of the "don't hide shortcuts" thing, but seriously: why not let me drag & drop everything onto the quickslots? Especially when you've fucked up the right-click menu.

The camera:
By default, stuff needs to be more transparent than it is. There's an ini setting for it, so why not make a slider for it in the game settings?

The "now you see it, now you don't" thing doesn't work very well. At least not for the player wondering why the hell the party won't stand on the tree he can't see. Write a shader to apply outlines to the hidden geometry or something.

Apply transparency consistently. The point of doing it is to make sure shit doesn't obstruct the view. Thus, you need to apply it to everything taller than stuff the player needs to see - roughly; stuff taller than a halfling.

I'm guessing Obsidian lacks the budget to do all that, but it could be done, and though I of course don't know about you, it would fix my complaints.

And in case there's ever a next NWN; don't make all the item icons one size and a super-busy colour-fest. It's supposed to be a game, not a "learn the Chinese alphabet" simulator.

Erebus

Arcane
goatvomit said:
soloing the final battle sounds like a really tall order.

I think a wizard or sorcerer above level 20 and with the right spells would stand a chance, but I wouldn't bet on it and it would certainly be more trouble than such an accomplishment is worth.

AlanC9

Liturgist
Disconnected said:
Scaling needs fixing. I need a fucking microscope to see what's happening in 1920x1200, despite playing on a 24" panel. Works fine in 1280 on a projector, but I'm guessing most people don't play like that.

From dev posts before SoZ, it's clear that the really high resolutions aren't really supported, and never were.

Don't hide shortcuts to stuff the player needs every other moment. Like spellbooks, journals, inventory screens and whatnot.

Aren't these toggled on and off by the player?

Project: Eternity
I'm attempting it now, so far my warlock is level 6 and just got invisibility, which should help. I'm a bit further in with a different char with a full party, also a warlock, which is having a rather easy time after Freezing Tentacles became available.

Buffing in this game at the start of every freakin encounter is a chore.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, yes, the pain of D&D :)
I mean... I like buffs. But it is a pain to always apply them and then storm into the fight.

I wonder how fights would be if there were no mass-buffs... And what would you need Clerics for?

Maybe it is better in PnP as you won't always know when the next fight will be (and you can't reload ;))...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom