Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you solo Storm Of Zehir?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
In Storm Of Zehir, more party members means less XP per individual party member. Total XP will be divided by the number of party members. Who here is upto the challenge of making a single character party? It will mean possibly mean alot of frustration early on, but perhaps you can get amazingly powerful later on this way.

Starwars

Arcane
I might try it out later on. First try will probably be a fairly standard D&D party. It's always fun in these games to think up cool parties though. Downside is that I take forever whenever I start up ToEE again or whatever.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I don't know if the game is beatable solo...

...well, I suppose if you really know what you are doing, aren't playing on DnD Hardcore mode, and get to a pretty high level (higher than the 15 to 17 most get to at the end of the game).

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, nobody said they don't force you to take some NPC's along at least at times. Or did they?

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
I wonder if it's possible to add party members after you start (not including cohorts), as you could in ToEE?

I'll probably give it a shot with one or two, at some point. To be honest though, I suck shit at DnD, so I usually don't set myself extra challenges.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I think the XP awards are scaled to the average level of your party, and are substantially reduced if you outlevel your opponents. So a solo character would get more xp at the start, but once he's a couple of levels ahead of the curve the XP gain will slow to a trickle.

Starwars

Arcane
Bluebottle, I believe it's possible to add party members at Inns or whatever. Then the party member added will level up to almost your main characters level or something like that (a bit lower).

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
No forced cohorts, btw. None of that folderol. But you WANT 'em, you got 'em. If you can find them... :twisted:

I'm definitely going solo, but I generally dislike the whole create-your-entire-party concept so I always end up playing solo (for example ToEE). Not sure why. I even prefer going solo in games that actually have joinable NPCs (unless these characters are so good that going solo would be a waste - PS:T & MotB for example).

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Bluebottle said:
I wonder if it's possible to add party members after you start (not including cohorts), as you could in ToEE?

I'll probably give it a shot with one or two, at some point. To be honest though, I suck shit at DnD, so I usually don't set myself extra challenges.

Yes you can.

At Inns and Taverns you will find the Party Registry Book where you can select cohorts and modify your party.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Annie Carlson said:
No forced cohorts, btw. None of that folderol. But you WANT 'em, you got 'em. If you can find them... :twisted:

Especially that dr00d you like so much amirite?

serch

Magister
I think that you will also lose more content than what it's needed. You won't be able to master the skills you precise to get the most of it with a party of one. Maybe you can play just with cohorts.

Raapys

Arcane
I like soloing with a sorcerer, but seeing as resting will be very restricted I guess that's out of the question.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
can you kill cohorts with your own hands as sacrifice to dark heathen gods?

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does Tony K AI inclusion affect OC and Motb?
Does it install only with SoZ or new patch that goes through auto-update works?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Anthony Davis said:
At Inns and Taverns you will find the Party Registry Book where you can select cohorts and modify your party.

Exactly how does that system work anyway? Is it easy to swap crafting/enchanting mules in and out of the party?

Starwars

Arcane
Does it install only with SoZ or new patch that goes through auto-update works?

It's in for SoZ for sure but while it was scheduled to also be included in the patch something about the AI and the patching process went wrong and they didn't have time to fix it before releasing the patch.

So I would assume they're putting it in the next patch for those folks who don't get SoZ.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm playing it now. heh good luck soloing it (without majorly cheeting).

Man the beginning is fucking brutal!

Here you go party! No weapons, oh and look enemies that are attacking! Have fun looking around trying to find weapons, while being attacked.

Pure ass rape. I love it!

dagorkan

Arbiter
MOO_3681_m_WaterWeird.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom