Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you solo Storm Of Zehir?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Buffing in this game at the start of every freakin encounter is a chore."

You buff? L0L Unneeded in SOZ.

Murk

Arcane
def gonna try, i solo'd icewind dale 2 with a level 30 fighter at the end - had to pull engine-tricking shenanigans out my ass and around to do it but i did it dammit

first run - proper party, second run - probably a smaller party - third run, probably solo

my current plan

Erebus

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
Great, Invisibility is totally broken. It does nothing at all :-(

I only used it once (in the last dungeon) and it worked pretty well.

What I think is broken is the Turn Undead ability.

Balthamael

Liturgist
It has worked for me consistently. For the one time it didn't work, I assumed the villain had true seeing or something like that on. Can't remember who that villain was or where.

Project: Eternity
OK, invisibility works different now. You have to enter stealth right after casting or using it. I managed to solo the entire game with my warlock, but failed at the very end. The last battle is insanely tough. But I don't mind, it was fun.

AlanC9

Liturgist
Freelance Henchman said:
OK, invisibility works different now. You have to enter stealth right after casting or using it.

Actuallym, invisibility is the same as ever. But enemies are now smart enough to switch to search mode, which gives them a fairly good chance to make a Listen check on nearby enemies who aren't sneaking.

Project: Eternity
Just for completeness, I actually got to the very end and the last boss soloing on hardcore with that warlock, but the last fight I just couldn't do alone. Still, it was a nice fight.

halasterbc

Novice
Hey guys. I soloed it. It was really easy. For me, the starting ship crash part was annoying, so i switched to easy. But even this part could be done well if i had a proper character build for it. Ther rest of the game for me was a piece of cake. I did it with a lvl 20 sacred fist on the d&d hardcore rules difficulty. I posted me soloing the herald some time ago in youtube. Here's the link if you want to check it out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtzv34gOhEs

Hegel

Arcane
Level 30 Bard is overpowered, only trouble I had where against One of Many, the vampire/mage tower and Zehir (hardcore level).
The last encounter scales according to the player level/difficulty.
I have to admit, this game has many flaws, but it was kinda enjoyable, the new AI (still retarded but better) the new camera (there is a third one, but I dunno if it's from the previous expansion) and the overland map.
Let's wait for Obsidian to merge the best things from this campaign and MOTB in a new expansion. Shame that NWN2 engine sucks.

halasterbc

Novice
I totally agree with you, Hegel. But i kinda dare saying that around because of lack of games of this kind. I was playing the module for nwn1 today, Darkness over Daggerford, and thought how improved some things about iti s over some things about storm of zehir. It's great playing nwn2, it has great graphics and all, but it has so many annoying little things , things that people made much better almost 10 years ago.. It feels like we players will be waiting for a new masterpiece rpg forever ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom