Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you buy games from GoG again?

schmörp

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I'm still butthurt

• No, after their stunt they can go fuck themselves

• No, but I never bought games from them anyway

• Total voters

Multi-headed Cow

DalekFlay said:
Metro said:
Zed said:
Didn't they say they would make up for the downtime and stuff by giving away a game or something?

I don't think so... at least I haven't gotten any notification about it and I have four or five games from them (not that I cared about the downtime).

They said something about long-term members "watching their mailbox" which made a lot of people assume a free game code or something. So far nothing.
Don't worry, it was all a joke! Ha ha ha, oh, GoG! :love:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Metro said:
PorkaMorka said:
Nah,

Getting a job teaches you the value of money.

Unless you're digging ditches, the value of $3-$5 isn't that high relative to your earnings.
More like 6-10$. It alone is about 2-3 average hourly wages and let's not forget about having to spend most of money on stuff like food, flat rent, communication, etc.

spekkio

Arcane
Meanwhile in Poland:
From now on, if you buy BaK, you will receive BiA... for free!

:smug:

link

Mackerel

Augur
DalekFlay said:
Mackerel said:
One thing I noticed when looking at their Castles 2 package, they offer the inferior CD version, which has many scenarios removed that didn't get voice. So, you might want to do a little research first for some of their library to make sure you are getting the best version of the game.

Yeah, when a better version has compatability issues they default to the lesser one. Overseer uses the CD version rather than the DVD version too.
The floppy version of Castles 2 has no compatibility issues with DOSbox that I'm aware of, more likely they just chose the one with voice acting.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Quilty said:
GoG shows some :incline: by putting up PS:T.

Of course, real men still have their original big box versions so they have no use for this sort of thing.

This.

Will I buy from GoG? Yes, definitely.
It's not like I have some other way to spend the virtual money that I get for registering boxed CDProjekt games I bought...

Multi-headed Cow

Wait you get virtual money for registering CDProjekt games? I'VE GOT THE WITCHER, GIMME OLD GAMES POLAND

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Multi-headed Cow said:
Wait you get virtual money for registering CDProjekt games?

I mean CDProjekt the publisher company, not CDPRojekt Red, the developer.
I think they only cover Poland and Hungary, though. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom