Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you buy games from GoG again?

schmörp

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I'm still butthurt

• No, after their stunt they can go fuck themselves

• No, but I never bought games from them anyway

• Total voters

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
dgfgkjköläogujhöfdvbcb :M :M :M :M :M

Micmu

Magister
Buying warez? Why?
I can download warez for free and am able to install & configure dosbox on my own.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I "buy" my good old games from Underground Gamer. They have better prices for DOSBox configs and scene cracks than GoG

Elzair

Cipher
Yes. My biggest worry was that they were either going out of business, getting bought, or simply slapping DRM in their releases. Since none of those rumors turned out to be true, I bear them no real ill-will. It was a silly PR stunt; it got them a good deal of exposure, and they should be back anytime. I will certainly buy from them in the future; I will just be sure to back-up the installers.

Tycn

Savant
Never did, never will. Might as well cut out the middleman and send some money to the crackers/abandonware sites.

Archibald

Arcane
I hope people understand that if someone is selling something then that thing isn`t abandoware or warez or some other stupid shit anymore.

Never did, never will. Might as well cut out the middleman and send some money to the crackers/abandonware sites.

Might as well send money directly to your favorite developer instead of buying their games and giving money to publishers.

Tycn

Savant
No shit, but that doesn't change the fact that Fairlight did the brunt of the work. Or that.

Archibald

Arcane
but that doesn't change the fact that Fairlight did the brunt of the work.

And? If you want to fix the world i don`t think that you should start with retro gaming.

Zeus

Cipher
Awor Szurkrarz said:
No, I prefer a full version from eBay.

So do I. But when we're talking $60 for a used Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic... I'll probably just drop 1/6th that on GOG and see if I really like the game, then consider buying like a collector.

Black Cat said:
Buy?

Games?

Oh, yes, i get it now. That's a good one, man.

Blackcatpirateflag.png

:salute:

coaster

Liturgist
Yes, but butthurt. I immediately informed them of the extent of my pain by buying BG.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Not mentioning that you also pay GoG and a bunch of publisher directors who have nothing to do with the game.

Better donate to UG, at least you will be giving them money for letting you have an access to much more and in an original form and it's on a volunteer basis.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Buy them? Not in the near future, probably, just like I never did so far.

But I'll gladly win more free games in Codex contests, though :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom