Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will DA be as dialouge-heavy as ME?

Radisshu

Prophet
http://dragonage.bioware.com/forums/vie ... &forum=135

I was just wondering about this! Dialogue is good, don't get me wrong, but Mass Effect simply had too much. Still a fantastic game. I hope there will be more focus on combat in this game and of course some dialogue. But basically, will this game be as story heavy or perhaps even more than Mass Effect?

Devil

Scholar
Radisshu said:
http://dragonage.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=653396&forum=135

I was just wondering about this! Dialogue is good, don't get me wrong, but Mass Effect simply had too much. Still a fantastic game. I hope there will be more focus on combat in this game and of course some dialogue. But basically, will this game be as story heavy or perhaps even more than Mass Effect?
This in not the Best Thread Ever. (part 2) you know.

Deleted member 7219

For fucks sake.

I want to really hurt these people.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
At least the other people in that thread would like to see more dialogues.

Drakron

Arcane
BioWare?

You mean EA right ... I am just waiting for EA to close it down or rename it EA Edmonton and then close it a few years later.

MetalCraze

Arcane
huh? Bioware jumped on the failtrain when they released NWN. I doubt that EA has anything to do with that.

Data4

Arcane
Ya, I don't know about you guys, but I want more run and gun action in my RPGs. Also, why don't the let you do deathmatch or catch the flag in RPGs? That's retarded.

SmokedWolf

Scholar
/agree data, I want to be able to kill everything AND ask questions later in my rpgs. Them implenting other strategies just pushes back release dates.

Xi

Arcane
I've been playing this game called Diablo 2 and it has waay too much dialog and too little action. Bioware didn't make this game did they? Man they need to cut back on all that reading bullshit, give me voice actors or give me death!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Haven't played Mass Effect, but if their previous games are anything to go by, then I'm sure there is too much dialog.
When Bioware makes dialog it really is too much, because it's long, it's boring, it's atrociously written and I just wish it would get the fuck over to the part where I have to choose from three identical options and fight the boss two or three times.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Fallout_Fan_VII said:
I have but three things to say about ME being dialogue heavy:

Wahhh? Thaaah? Faaaakkkk?

You didn't play the game, did you. If you pick the options on the left side of the dialogue wheel there's tons of dialog. Probably the second most dialog-heavy game in existence, with #1 being PS:T.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Drakron said:
FeelTheRads said:

I hope my sarcasm detector is broken.

Dunno, there is no sarcasm in my post... well, just a little bit I guess, because I certainly don't like to "choose from three identical options and fight the boss two or three times."

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
St. Toxic said:
The dialogue was also quite heavy, like a really heavy piece of luggage that you have to drag uphill.

It was also epic and extreme, like the X-Games.

DefJam101

Arcane
PST dialog:

scholar.jpg

Mass Effect dialog:

masseffectyu1.jpg

DefJam101

Arcane
The Matrix had the potential to be awesome but lost itself in boring 14 year old 'epic NEO THE ONE I KNOW KUNG FU ETC' fan service.

Seriously. Neat & original "is this really real hey yo im the computer hacker whatsup mr. anderson" setting? Good. Slow-mo pseudo-John Woo gunfights? Neat-o. Slow-mo odd wapanese pathetically unrealistic martial arts sequences? Yeah sure, I guess that's fine. Dodging bullets with l33t special effects*? Uhhh.. alright. "You are the one"? No. Just no.

* 'Dodge this.' was a p. cool moment, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom