Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was mondblut banned?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So to sum up:

Burning Bridges: a GD-shitposter who wants to get rid of GD

DraQ: a furry with a fetish for lizards who wants to get rid of degenerates

Both think that they are the sane ones around here.

Semiurge

Cipher
...so you do want more restrictions, because that's how you will get rid of the people you don't like.

Same energy

The low energy never changes. Always they hide behind the backs of administrators and their rules, trying to appeal to their sense of decency and implying that more rules are required if decorum is to be maintained.

It's hard to say precisely what had actually happened but roughly speaking around 2015 people were turned away form other places in spades and they all trickled down here.

Not surprising. Many forums hosted in the European region began to impose strict rules of conduct around that time because new anti-hatespeech laws were initiated. It was a reaction based on fear of legal ramifications, and a few years after these same rules aren't even enforced anymore with the same fervor. Many members protested loudly and eventually left, only to find forums where they could freely express their anger. DU is now facing the same pressure as these forum owners did back then.

The old adage holds true: Racist communities are actually more diverse than Leftist ones.

Hate and warmongering bind people together more tightly than peace and love. It's human tribalism in action. We all know it deep down, it's more fun to band against something than for something. To mock and pester in groups. Peace is boring.

Nigromancer

Arcane
I also said that a particularly gross part of the forum could be deleted, which I still think would be an excellent solution because it required the least effort and succeeds 100%.

39798c7502ec08bc40285fc63f2c5846.jpg

Camel

Scholar
So to sum up:

Burning Bridges: a GD-shitposter who wants to get rid of GD

DraQ: a furry with a fetish for lizards who wants to get rid of degenerates

Both think that they are the sane ones around here.
Even if the administration purges the forum from whatever they deem a wrong crowd, it will never make the Codex accepted among the left-wingers.
Check how TechRaptor renounced and deleted articles from GamerGate era but the left still hates and deplatforms them. Resetera still bans any mentions of TechRaptor and their members still hate the Escapist just for permitting discussion of GamerGate.

Semiurge

Cipher
Resetera still bans any mentions of TechRaptor and their members still hate the Escapist just for permitting discussion of GamerGate.

Typical. GG is one of those "closed cases", like the holocaust or racial differences. Even a mention of them marks you for life. There is only one official truth about taboo topics.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Draq probably has leprosy lol
Bodies deformed way beyond belief
Cast out from their concerned society
Flesh contorting day after day
Freak of the dark world is what the people say

Their lives decay before their eyes
There is no hope of cure
Among their own kind they live
A life that's so obscure
First an arm and then a leg
Deterioration grows
Rotting while they breathe
Death comes slow

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Samuel Taylor Coleridge said:
See! see! (I cried) she tacks no more!
Hither to work us weal;
Without a breeze, without a tide,
She steadies with upright keel!

The western wave was all a-flame,
The day was well nigh done!
Almost upon the western wave
Rested the broad bright sun;
When that strange shape drove suddenly
Betwixt us and the sun.

And straight the sun was flecked with bars,
(Heaven’s Mother send us grace!)
As if through a dungeon-grate he peered
With broad and burning face.

Alas! (thought I, and my heart beat loud)
How fast she nears and nears!
Are those her sails that glance in the sun,
Like restless gossameres?

Are those her ribs through which the sun
Did peer, as through a grate?
And is that Woman all her crew?
Is that a Death? and are there two?
Is Death that Woman’s mate?

Her lips were red, her looks were free,
Her locks were yellow as gold:
Her skin was as white as leprosy,
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man’s blood with cold.

The naked hulk alongside came,
And the twain were casting dice;
‘The game is done! I’ve won! I’ve won!’
Quoth she, and whistles thrice.

Camel

Scholar
Typical. GG is one of those "closed cases", like the holocaust or racial differences. Even a mention of them marks you for life. There is only one official truth about taboo topics.
The Holocaust happened and it's scientifically proven that races are not different while GamerGate is not a "misogynist harrassment campaign".

Last edited:

Anac'raxus

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And let those who come here for that GTFO to that other place.

I came here to read the let's plays where people larp genocidal maniacs of both the stalin and hitler types. I stayed and donated because it was a Chris Avelone fansite. I'm leaving because it's becomming ResetEra#1,000.

DarkUnderlord, keep in mind allowing people to post that they wish mentally ill people to be killed and left in ditches is probably illegal in many countries, and if you really want to avoid the risk of police visits in a gun banning totalitarian shithole, you should just permanently redirect the site to RPG watch. Also, hit that self-eject switch for me, thanks. I'd rather not be tempted to waste money here when I could be funding actual freedom fighters like Rittenhouse. Bye!

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I'm leaving because it's becomming ResetEra#1,000.

You've been here long enough not to take DU's regular trolling seriously. If he was in real danger, he would not be solving it by creating a word filter for one word.

But since you've already made up your mind, hope you find a better place.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

You've been here long enough not to take DU's regular trolling seriously. If he was in real danger, he would not be solving it by creating a word filter for one word.

with 91 posts in 9 years he's not exactly a big loss for the site

Reinhardt

Arcane

So we will be able to say "nigger" again when DU will become bored?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom