Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info When Evil Lurks, News on Chaos Chronicles

Shannow

Waster of Time
"The diary of the Dead tells a gruesome story.
This room became her prison. After years of suffering Robocop came and shot her, hitting her legs and thighs for 20 dmg.
After being riddled with lead she finally found peace. At last she left her prison...feet first."
:troll:

vitamin

Augur
Really don't understand all that hype about this <1min trailer. Besides, can't see nothing special about it. Modern hyper-duper gfx just don't turn me on since they're usually like nice wrapper which holds shit.

Harold

Arcane
Newfags/alts should take note that being edgy is so 2010. You are now required to be bioware grimdark in your posts so as to appease the Mayan gods.

Cynic

Arcane
Called it already, this game is going to be fucking awesome.

UnknownBro

Savant
Seriously, I have more expectations for this one than I have for W2 and PE combined, I mean, all I read in their blog is excellent and it looks like they are paying extra attention to detail.
Come on! Textbooks with Old Book Antiqua and shit, really?

:brodex:

Just don't screw it with the encounter design, in a turn based tactical game like this is as important as the ruleset.
Remember remember... The Pool... of Radiance! (More like a pool of poo):rage:

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
Looks like Diablo 2 with turn based combat, lets wait for the quest and dialogs and shit, i don't want to fight monsters endlessly with no reason... or do i ?

Moribund

A droglike
Wow. Wow wow wow.

I was real skeptical of this at first just because, well I don't know much of these guys. Looks amazing.

I can see they drew very heavy inspiration from the art of toee and hopefully the combat is similar as well. Even the running animations look quite similar to the nice ones in toee, too bad that game is kind of broken. A not so broken toee with a little more content and holy crap, it could be one of the best games ever.

toee was the first RPG I ever played btw. In some ways it really frustrated me but it also put a spark in me to try out some other similar games.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Trailer gives me hope that someone still remembers how to make atmospheric environments. There's a deep aesthetic appeal in having a castle that actually looks like a castle. Not like a Disney castle, not like an amalgamation of post-processing effects and overblown lighting, but a good old-fashioned castle. Brown walls and everything.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
It is slow, it is empty, it's implementation of D&D is an abomination, it is broken, the combat is awful, it is nearly devoid of customization and these are just the headlines. What you mean here:

is: "I like turn-based games and dislike other games, so even the worst turn-based piece of crap is better for me than the shiniest RtWP game." Which is fair enough, the same holds somewhat true for me. But when evaluating something as a game, saying that PoR:RoMD is somehow above a polished and basically functioning game, no matter what that game is, is nonsense. I'd almost go so far as to call Call of Duty a better game than PoR:RoMD, and considering the damage I believe CoD is doing to gaming those are big fucking words.

You forgot the icing on the cake: When you uninstalled the game it uninstalled your windows with it! :lol:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
3D going for realism looks kinda ugly to me. I would've loved something more like ToEE. But... dat grid, i am aroused.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I was pleasantly surprised when this game reared its head through all that kickstarter mass hysteria (might be earlier but that's when I've noticed it). Glad to see it's shaping up nicely .The HobGoblin42 is a true bro (Not counting his distaste for 2D though. I hope that suffix is not a indication of your age, then it is inexcusable.)

Also the game needs more fireballs...Make it level 1 and every class should be able to cast it. Fucking fireballs man..

Edit : CrashOberbreit takes honorable mention since he is management.

Darkforge

Augur
Looks a bit less impressive now I see it actually moving but Day one purchase crap or not. I want more of these types of games.

Severian Silk

Ignoring Hommlet, ToEE did not take long until you got to level 10 and then it was over. Maybe D&D awards too much XP than is good in a video game? Could this be a problem for CC as well?

Also, what type of movement grid does d20/D&D officially use? Hex or square?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
D&D uses squares. That Chaos Chronicles uses hexes is a major change (and a good one, hexes are superior in every way :) )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom