Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is the Greatest Rpg that you have ever actually played

What is the Greatest Rpg series that you have ever actually played ?

• Fallout 1 & Fallout 2

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Elder Scrolls Morrowind , Daggerfall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy series

• BG1 , BG2 , throne of baal

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • IWD 1 , 2

• Other series

• U aRe all noobs Diablo 1 ,2 rulez !

• I don't know

• None.All RPG suck .

• Total voters

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Spazmo said:
My main problem with Sea Dogs 2 is Blaze Devlin.
Yep, Blaze Devlin is a hell of a name, someone can even think that it's a kewl name, well, I guess somebody did. I know it's kinda shallow to pass on a game 'cause of a name, but I'm not sure that I can stand being addressed by NPSs as Blaze Devlin the terrific terror of high seas (or something). In fact, this name makes me question lotsa things like story, writings, dialogues, names of other characters, etc

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Oddly enough, I think "Blaze Devlin" sounds like a better name for a female than a male. Hopefully, though, they'll let you pick a name.

EEVIAC

Erudite
hehe! I've been thinking about this, wondering whether I'd avoid an otherwise fine game just because of the name of the main character... and the answer came out "yes." If I'm going to be investing up to a hundred hours in the life and adventures of a character, I want to feel something for that character to make it worthwhile, and frankly, I couldn't give a fuck if Blaze sank to the bottom of the ocean right now.

Its going to be inherently coded into the game as well so a simple hex-edit of a save file isn't going to help.

JC Anejo

Educated
:cry: With the switching of Sea Dogs II to Pirates of the Caribbean for Disney. Maybe the names are changing to the Characters from the movie or maybe names are from the movie. In any case Sea Dogs II won't be out any time soon. :cry:

Could this become the first good Disney game........

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Saint_Proverbius said:
Oddly enough, I think "Blaze Devlin" sounds like a better name for a female than a male.
I think "Devlina Blaze" has a better ring to it for a female :lol:

Hopefully, though, they'll let you pick a name.
After all the thoughts they put into characters names :shock:

Rager_Kaine

Novice
Fallout 1 is the best CRPG I have ever played. Planescape Torment is the best DnD based game I have ever played however, and its in the number 2 position of all time. Best over all series is Fallout 1/2

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
1: Hey! A poll I haven't voted in!

2: Wtf, no kingcomrade option?

3: Oh, it's from 2003.

4: I'm gonna fuck you up, Ebonheart you soulless, motherless, fatherless frenchmanfucker.

Lemunde

Scholar
You know I was going to vote for TES Morrowind, Daggerfall but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to be a total jackass when I saw "U aRe all noobs Diablo 1 ,2 rulez !" So yeah, Diablo series. And bite me.\

Squeek

Scholar
Chalk one up for Daggerfall, despite its flaws. I like to think that someone will, someday, take another shot at it and make the ultimate sandbox cRPG.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Probably either Fallout 1 or Krondor for my fav.

Planescape was alright. The main story, dialog, and characters were great; but a lot of the side quests were pretty boring and uninteresting and way too many were fetch quests, and the combat was utter shit. The game was often a pain in the ass to play.

xuerebx

Erudite
Fallout 1, closely followed by Fallout 2. I loved Morrowind too, and Panescape is there on my list as well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought we were only picking things from the poll list.

Planescape Torment, then. There will never be a game of any genre that can surpass this in awesomeness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom