Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is the Greatest Rpg that you have ever actually played

What is the Greatest Rpg series that you have ever actually played ?

• Fallout 1 & Fallout 2

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Elder Scrolls Morrowind , Daggerfall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy series

• BG1 , BG2 , throne of baal

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • IWD 1 , 2

• Other series

• U aRe all noobs Diablo 1 ,2 rulez !

• I don't know

• None.All RPG suck .

• Total voters

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Well ?

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Re: I wonder,

Xerophyte said:
. . . is it even legal to make a poll like this and not include Ultima, Might & Magic and Wizardry?

Hmm .

I tried to edit the poll to add those options but i could'not .

Mayby a mod can do it or is it a weakness of the script ?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah.. Uhhh.. That "Final Fantasy series" vote up there is from me. That's what you get when you click too fast and hit submit. Just whack another vote on for FO1 & 2 out of that list.

I think there's also a limit on the number of options you can have in a poll.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I think Fallout stands there as the best ever made. There are a few that might come close, but you just can't top Fallout for being a well rounded and well made CRPG.

Ibbz

Augur
I have yet to see a "perfect" rpg and thus i'll refrain from voting but their have been plenty of good ones :)

Sheriff_Fatman

Liturgist
For the love of God, Wizard, RUN! Go now, while you can, and don't look back. If the baying sounds get to close, take your own life before they catch you.

Xerophyte

Educated
The dark netherworld of dutch Gouda cheese
I suppose it's possible that the best cRPG someone has played is BG2. It'd have to entail not having played pretty much every other cRPGs in existance, with the exception of Betrayal in Antara, Lands of Lore 3 and a few others, but it's still possible. Everyone has to start somewhere and all that.

I mean, it's not as if we, the caring and considerate staff and boardmembers of the RPG Codex, would somehow flame, insult, threaten or otherwise act condescending towards some runt who thinks BG2 is even worth the value of the cardboard box containing it. Nono, not little old us . . .

Dan

Liturgist
BG2? the best? but why? how? why?

I guess I would think the excact same thing it was the first and last game I ever played.
YOU MUST TRY FALLOUT.

VasikkA

Liturgist
Why is Ultima poll-option missing?
My vote goes for 'Other series' then. :(

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
My biggest beef with Wasteland is how many random combats pop up in the game. You really can't go very far at all in the game without getting a few of them. They also happen both in towns and on the world map, so there really isn't a haven from having to deal with them at all.

I also wish the graphics for Wasteland marked what buildings were special, like shops and things, and which were abandonned buildings placed in to take up space.

wizard

Liturgist
Dan said:

I guess I would think the excact same thing it was the first and last game I ever played.
YOU MUST TRY FALLOUT.

Why? Havent played others of those in the poll
How? Good question!
Why? Same answer as in the first why :roll:

And I will try fallout as soon as possible. BTW, does fallout work on Win XP?

Mistress

Liturgist
wizard said:
Dan said:

YOU MUST TRY FALLOUT.

Why? Havent played others of those in the poll
How? Good question!
Why? Same answer as in the first why :roll:

And I will try fallout as soon as possible. BTW, does fallout work on Win XP?

Yes it does work with Win XP. Go here and look at the FAQ under the "How can I install to WinNT ?" part to see what to do.

You should definitely try a few of the other games in the poll. I certainly wouldn't say BG2 was the best ;)

As for my choice, I will refrain from making one. There are a lot of RPGs that I think are great and its very hard to choose, its more a case that I have different reasons for liking each of them :)

Temaperacl

Erudite
I think if I looked at the qualities of the games I have played objectively, then Fallout would come out on top. Ignoring any attempt to be "fair", then I'd go for Wasteland, which I've probably enjoyed most out of the CRPGs I've played..

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tormented Reality said:
Play Planescape; much better than BG2 and even rivals Fallout.

PS:T is much better than BG2, but I don't think it rivals Fallout in more than a couple of areas. It's much more linear and uses that awful Infinity Engine combat. I also think the dialogue was a bit too one sided. A lot of the dialogues were the kind where the NPC would talk for a long time, and then you'd be presented with the choices of, "Go on." or "Let's stop talking now."

But PS:T is still, by far, the best use of the Infinity Engine and one of the best D&D games ever made.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The only thing that detracts from Fallout is sticking Fallout 2 up there with it...

Rayt

Liturgist
I'd say Planescape Torment. The story of that game rocked and I never had a similar gaming experience with any other game. Though I have to add that combat was a bit sucky.

I've played Fallout, but only as a enforcer...i.e I just shot everything. Now, I've found out on the BIS boards that instead of shooting you can use words as well. So, I have to replay this game to see how this works. Maybe after that I might change my vote.

ShadowLurker

Novice
Well my choice for best RPG ever would have to be Fallout 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom