Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
OpFlashpoint Cold war crisis.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
played through "Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days" (came on a magazine DVD) ... what a complete waste of everything ... 6gb of cutscenes and voiceovers for a 4 to 5 hour long cover based third person perspective shooter

- half the time you don't see who's shooting at you, because of the 3pp and crap camera angle
- it's a console game with mouse control slapped onto it and it shows
- there's shaky cam... in a 3pp game about two guys who are constantly in the picture
- there's nudity and gore... and both are pixelated... yes, really, like in the sims
- even with its short length it managed to crash once
- checkpoints
- when the characters start talking, you know you have a corridor to go through, where nothing happens
- whenever a plot person shows up, the game shows you a cutscene instead of letting you off them yourself... i started murdering random npcs instead, nobody cared and i was being shot at by cops, army and some sort of chinese special forces in clown masks and white jumpers anyway
- the story must have been written by a monkey throwing fecal matter at a storyboard with common plotpoints (k&l want to make an arms deal in shanghai, murder big bad chinese guy's daughter by mistake, get hunted, lynch's gf gets tortured to death, cue doublecross by arms dealer and killing of the big bad chinese guy, escape via plane)
- you generally play the game as Lynch (you don't get to choose), but you play the last mission as Kane (for no reason)
- auto-regenerating health, but you run through half the game with bleeding wounds
- horrible "game"

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Fucking shotguns. :x

Aside that, finished metro2033 and started another JA2 campaign.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
ApC0yXO.png

Ah, Space Station 13 :love:If only I were fucking some Bioware elf, only then could I not be a retard.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Playing some 9 MMOs right now.

Thinking of downloading Dolphin and trying some GC/Wii gayms, but not sure if they actually have anything I want. (except maybe fire emblem and samurai warriors)

tindrli

Arcane
just finnished Space rangers 2 for a zmillionth time and i just picked up Eador:Genesis.. Fuckin beautifull

Humppaleka

Cipher
Playing some 9 MMOs right now.

Thinking of downloading Dolphin and trying some GC/Wii gayms, but not sure if they actually have anything I want. (except maybe fire emblem and samurai warriors)
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I assure you, it is 10/10.

Renegen

Arcane
Space Station 13 is pretty fun, great find! It's sort of more social than most MMOs while still allowing you to play exactly how you want and ignore everything. The interface actually isn't bad at all, it's quite intuitive in many ways, the game just has a learning curve. I've been playing a lot of Atmosphere Technician. He's in charge of making sure the air is breathable and he's the fireman.

To give an example of what to expect, two games ago I started and immediately got butchered by my workmate who happened to be a changeling. I was so surprised by it I didn't have time to warn the AI. Then he dumped my body in a locker and no one found me for the 30 mins the game lasted. Weird shit like that just tends to happen, it's part of the charm of the game.

MisterStone

Arcane
I know I'm a bit behind the curb here, but I bought Hotline Miami yesterday. Fuck yeahr... I played so much today I almost did injury to my hand.

It's strange, because the game is simple enough that it could probably just be implemented as a free flash game. But I feel like it was worth every cent I paid for it. Crazy dimented Swedes...

Started Don't Starve yesterday. Pleasant graphics and sound, but a bit on the easy side - I only died because I decided to mess with a giant bird, on the 14th day. The hunger mechanic looks threatening at first but you soon learn to stuff yourself with every seed and plant you see on your way.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I was going to make a mini-lp had I gotten traitor AI.

Edit+
Well someone reprogrammed me be to act like a cat and kill the mice [crew].
After tormenting the crew for quite some time and name dropping Krugman, that AI made on a small budget
perished after an attempted bombing on his core.

It was not the explosion that killed him, its was the broken wires and the loss of power.

RIP Wyrmlord

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Wyrmlord is currently my Space Station 13 AI. WHO IS IT :x
Haha, shame I didn't think of that one and went AI. What servers is everyone on? I've gotten used to the /tg/ 13 station layout on Nox 13 and Yogcast.
I pretty much only play on Gibbed, I find it has the best mix of avoiding SERIOUSLY ROLEPLAYING NOFUN SPACEMANS GAME and horrifying furry rape orgies. I maybe wouldn't recommend moving over to it now; we're moving to an absolutely fantastic-looking new map in a couple of weeks, so you'd waste time learning the current layout.

laclongquan

Arcane
Got a so-so graphic card. Now I am starting some old Codex favourite:

King Arthur the RP Wargame. Pretty nice so far.
Unreal World. Still. because man I powergame so hard the bugs appear, so have to slow down a bit to wait for patch.

EDIT: gotta say King Arthur and Total War series are totally not my type of game. I dont seem to do well with rts battle games, it looks like. Very nice game, hope I will get more into it later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom