Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I finally decided to install and try FTL that I purchased on GOG a few weeks ago and … it's beautiful!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I played some the Sims 3. The concept of The Sims is actually brilliant. Too bad it's catered towards teenage girls, and that the "challenge" lies in handling a shitty A.I. rather than actual simulation challenges. I wish the Medieval game wouldn't have sucked so hard...

I think I'll play Maxii Paynilutti 3 this weekend.

Teenage girls? I only ever see married couples buying it. Or one of the 34634 expansions. Yesterday, I heard a woman in a nice suit asking her hubby "Wait, do we already have this one?" :lol:

-

*starts playing Magicka because of the free weekend, picks Space Marine Wizard*

*he can't complete the tutorial because you need to cast a life spell on yourself and he's immune to these*

tumblr_m8cjh0yaAh1rbju4qo1_500.png

*restart with vanilla wizard, can cast life spell but tutorial won't progress anyway*

tumblr_m8cjh0yaAh1rbju4qo1_500.png

Yeaaaaaah...the future looks grim. I'll keep at it because felipepepe recommended it, but it looks like it's gonna be "one of those" games.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
It's a really fun game (specially if you can get a bunch of bros to play with), but buggy as hell.

Garbonzo

Educated
Right now I am playing two games:

1) Skyrim - you all know what this is. I am currently playing with 40 or so mods and its great. I'm looking forward to the Dragonborn DLC for PC.

2) Tower of Elements - a match 3, tower defense, RPG hybrid. Lots of fun and only costs $10 with a 50% off code like this one: CFNV001H9

You can read more about it here: http://toe.frogdice.com

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just finished Icewind Dale 2 again while tooling around with Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 on the side. Now starting Baldur's Gate trilogy again with some Torchlight 2, FTL and The Walking Dead thrown in.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeaaaaaah...the future looks grim
Of course, you're playing with the Space Marine Wizard. :lol:

But seriously, it's very fun, but you'll get some of those weird bugs sometimes.

1) Skyrim - you all know what this is. I am currently playing with 40 or so mods and its great.
Any decent fix for the melee combat yet? I tried SkyRe like 6 months ago, but, while better, it still was very derpy...

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Spacestation 13
You leave your keyboard for a minute and then you return to find your trussed up, buckled into a bed, with a woman their plans to rape you.
One of the best games ever, also it seems that they did improve net code at last, runs way smoother than before.

KidBoogie

Learned
1) Skyrim - you all know what this is. I am currently playing with 40 or so mods and its great.
Any decent fix for the melee combat yet? I tried SkyRe like 6 months ago, but, while better, it still was very derpy...

there would probably need to be fundamental changes to the combat system in order to make the melee combat anywhere near decent. there are mods that this dude tk makes:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20923
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29137
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23681

those are pretty good, they add dodge, roll, and other combat mechanics that make things more fun, combined with a ton of other mods will probably make the combat fun

Modron

Arcane
After completing x-com eu, I went through an adventure game kick with Primordia and Deponia with brief reprieve to finally complete SR:3. Currently working my way through mirror's edge, the book of unwritten tales, and freedom force while waiting for omerta to be released.

Gord

Arcane
Just played through Eschalon Book 2, now I'm killing a bit of time with my GoG haul (XIII and Dungeon Keeper) and Serious Sam 3. Oh, and AssCreed II, which I can enjoy only in small doses, so I'm playing this for months now.

I also have an Ultima VII playthorugh planned, but not started yet.

Sodafish

Arcane
Having another go at Metro 2033, as I gave up very early the first time. Horrible shooting mechanics, and I absolutely loathe checkpoint saving, but I'll see if I can stomach it.

Also about to start STALKER CoP with Misery mod.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
131112089611.jpg

Just discovered Space Station 13 thanks to glorious Codex. Boy, this game really doesn't let you go once it sucked you in. So many classes to play and stuff to discover. So many hilarious incidents and vile crimes. Time just flew by the last couple of days. Life on a Space Station sure ain't easy... or safe.

circ

Arcane
Mass Effect 2 again for a few days.

Trying some DLC this time too. AND I HAVE TO ASK. WHO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE A HOVERTANK? AND WHO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN. SO MUCH FUCKING FUN THEY INCLUDED IT IN NOT 1 BUT 2 DLC. HELLO.
Also, I'm wondering who would have the willpower to play through all this because there's already a pretty big amount of content there. Repetitive shit content, but it's there.

I'm not going to expose myself to ME 3. I did however read some backstory and there's no logical or even illogical reason whatsoever for Shep to join Cerberus in 2. NONE.
Also, the plot holes from 1-2-3 and various novels are so fucking numerous I'm downright shocked there weren't Mass Firings of Writers following the releases.

If nothing else, DAO and DA2 are eh, somewhat consistent with its lore. Well, compared to Mass Effect. MIND BOGGLING.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
*Plays Bioware games*
MAN I FUCKING HATE PLAYING THESE
*Continues playing Bioware games, sees Codexers actually daring to play something they like*
HURRRRGH HOW FUCKING DARE YOU I BET YOU LIKE (ARBITRARY OTHER GAME) STOP ENJOYING YOUR HOBBY YOU RETARD

Erebus

Arcane
Well, hate is one of the Codex' theological virtues, along with lack of hope and general skepticism.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Hm, I have to finish Dragon Age. That game got enough good things to make me want to finish it and enough bad things to make me want to drop it after a week or so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom