Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That's a musketeer, not a pirate. Closest you'll get without going to seedy websites is dat cleavage on
Nightraven_Fiora.jpg

Yeah, spells are really strong (the animated sword enemy you encounter in the chapel entrance is basically a mini-boss by that point, yet a single soul-steal will almost OHKO him), problem is they're a bitch to reliably activate due to inane fighting game motions. Could be just me, though.

Is it even feasible to kill Galamoth without powerleveling like mad or resorting to cheese? I'm usually overleveled when I reach him because my poor sense of direction makes me take many unnecessary trips around the castle, and he still fucks me up hard.

What's unforgivable is playing the translated japanese version. Find out that man is a miserable little pile of secrets of GTFO.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Oh. her outstretched dual swords gave me imminent gangbang vibes. Rule34, where are u?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The main thing that makes Galamoth a total bitch to fight is his armor being so high. Ring of Ares helps out a lot there. Or some crazy int setup if you want to use magic/subweapons. Otherwise you need to go after his face and be fucking awesome with your form of mist power.

Regarding the spells: Soulsteal is a bit of a bitch to pull off. So is dark metamorphisis, but that one sucks anyways. Everything else is pretty easy. The single spirit summon is trivial, you don't even need to hit diagonals for that one. If you're failing to cast one over and over, you're probably just out of mana and didn't notice. Soulsteal and certain weapons tend to do that that real quickly.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
ktYdb.png

I am still fighting the good fight™ in Frontier: First Encounters, doing missions for the glorious Empire.

My ship of choice remains the Viper Defence MkII, and as you can see I just reached the rank of Viscount, which is one step closer to my unrealistic goal of making Prince.

Of course, the next rank of Count is going to require almost double the effort I have put in so far, so it will be a long journey indeed.

OUaAQ.png

This is my Viper Defence MkII. For military missions, most people seem to prefer the more combat-oriented Imperial Courier or Asp Explorer. While both of them offer much greater destructive power, they are actually far less versatile than this little beauty. The many unique advantages of the upgraded Viper make it not only a viable alternative to heavier ships, but also a vastly superior one, at least in my own humble opinion.

For starters, it is extremely fast and agile, being only marginally slower than the speedy but otherwise quite useless Eagle Mark 3. With a Class 3 Military Drive (available in Achenar, the Imperial home system) its effective hyperspace range reaches a whopping 40.29, allowing it to jump straight from the Imperial Navy hub in Facece to the depraved systems of the Federation. Larger ships are much more limited, making it very difficult for their pilots to complete missions and return for debriefing within the assigned deadlines.

Combat-wise, the Viper Defence MkII can fit four missiles, which is a far cry from the single missile pylon slot of the Asp Explorer. With a 1mw Beam Laser you can destroy most ships relatively fast (no one-hit kills, of course, but hey, you get to practice your aim) and while it takes some time to wear down Boas and Imperial ships, it is still very much doable. It cannot fit a whole lot of shield generators, but since enemy ships typically miss you, one generator is enough to contain stray fire and collisions, and two seem to be all it takes to deflect potential blast shockwaves when you nuke ground installations. Two generators also protect the ship against those pesky missiles the Naval E.C.M. System can't disable.

The ship is ideal for all kinds of military assignments, and the only real dangers are Imperial Explorers, very large clusters of ships and volleys of NN500 Naval Missiles, but those tend to plague most every ship out there. If you are planning to play Frontier again and feel unsure about which ship to fly, I really recommend trying it out. It can be a bit tricky to find and outfit properly, but it is well worth the effort.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Damn.... Elite Frontier, my favourite game of all time... It just boggles the mind how they were able to create such games back then.

kazgar

Arcane
Clive Barkers Jericho.

Must have had a Multi-Headed Cow moment when I got it on steam.

Probably the first fps i've played in ages, and the first "modern" one

Settings pretty good as is the story, gunplay is a bit shit, and enemy selection is pretty terribad.

I'll stick along for the story, and for the inner completionist, might muck around with settings to get through.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Doing a run of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, haven't played it for a good few years

A damn good stealth game, I must say. And even though it was released for the xbawks, you really can't tell from the UI/ controls. I'll even go as far as saying that in terms of stealth, it's second only to Thief.

The soundtrack, however, is probablly the main reason why I picked it up again

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Doing a run of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, haven't played it for a good few years

A damn good stealth game, I must say. And even though it was released for the xbawks, you really can't tell from the UI/ controls. I'll even go as far as saying that in terms of stealth, it's second only to Thief.

Check out Amon Tobin's Taxidermia EP and Foley Room LP if you like that soundtrack.

Gregz

Arcane
Jesus H Christmas! The fucking sewer in Wasteland. &^%#&^#%&#^%##%#!

See! See! This!

It's totally intuitive to use a rope at one particular spot to cross the sewer. And you didn't get that servo motor out of that toaster in the graveyard? Tough!

I told those fuckers in the Wasteland thread about puzzles, but noooooo, Wasteland is EASY, a 4-year old child can finish it in a day, and noone would ever Google spoilers for a Wasteland puzzle, nope, nah.

/rant

Oesophagus

Arcane

Check out Amon Tobin's Taxidermia EP and Foley Room LP if you like that soundtrack.
You're preaching to the choir, bro :bro:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Wasteland. Just got through the Temple of Blood and plundered the Police Station. It's definitely one of my favourite cRPGs.

Deleted member 7219

Finished Dungeon Siege 3. Uninstalled. Won't play it again. Worth playing it through once for the plot, to see what Obsidian did with that crappy universe. Some parts of the story were interesting. I think we have people like George Ziets to thank for that. Gameplay was horrible though, long narrow maps filled with waves and waves of enemies. I played as Katarina and I felt so underpowered, and died pretty much all the time from stupid things, that I played it on casual. And it still pissed me off, especially the last boss. Definitely one of the worst combat systems I've seen.

Now I'm going to finally try to complete Arcanum, this time as a charisma + persuasion character. Wish me luck.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Finishing up Thief 2. You want me to go through the same fucking level I just did? And comb it for the highest amount of loot in the game yet even though I did that the first time? Jesus LGS. Revisiting the lost city was punishment enough. And I've been enjoying it more than Thief 1 until now :|

Peter

Arcane
Just started playing STALKER: Call of Pripyat (finally). It seems to be a definite improvement over SoC, but there doesn't really seem to be any sense of direction. Like, from what NPCs say about the downed helicopters, I feel like they're a bit too dangerous to go for just yet. Is that true and I should just do some side-questing and stuff for a while, or are the helis not as bad as they sound? Also, where can I sell off looted weapons and stuff? None of the vendors in the ship are interested in my stuff.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Got Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven on GOG today..I'll finaly give it a spin and see if it's worthy of Top 5 RPGS fo the Decade as the Codex voted...

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Playing Alpha Protocol for the second time, doing a psychopat run (piss everyone off except maybe the hot ladies and the most deranged characters, kill everything that moves with as much firepower as possible, that sort of thing). Lots of fun. Probably going to do a pacifist playthrough right afterwards, or maybe after I've played through The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition.

Started playing FIFA 12 properly online a week ago or so. My previous online experiences with the game were pretty terrible, but playing against the AI had nothing more to offer me so I decided to try out Head 2 Head Seasons. I made it to division 3 (and was one point away from being promoted to division 2), but now I think I've had it with this game. The lower divisions were really fun but most of the players in the higher divisions seem to be total fucking assholes and pussies who disconnect every time they concede an early goal or they're losing in the final minutes, which pretty much sucks all of the enjoyment out of the game. I also feel like I'm playing against the same teams using the same cheesy tactics all the time regardless of what team I choose for myself. I hate online gaming.

I've also been playing Betrayal at Krondor for the past few weeks. Haven't really been in a hurry to finish it, I'm in Chapter VI at the moment. It's a great game that can grab you for hours when you're in the mood, but since I really haven't had as much time for it as I'd like, I've mostly just stuck to games that you can play for thirty minutes and then do something else.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Decided to take a break from Grimrock and play this again...

WastelandSS00017.png

Lat time I tried to play this I missed one pair of the fucking shoes which you need to finish the game. Trying again. And hopefully load this party into Chaos Strikes Back (which I never played).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom