Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Playing Mirror's Edge for the first time. Controls and mantling are nice but I'm pretty much getting bored because everything looks the same and the "story" is pretty dull.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Nqfq6FB.jpg

And also still playing Dragon's Dogma. There's a retarded amount of Kill X of Y side quests, might start skipping most of them.

DraQ

Arcane
I remember when Morrowind was loathed universally here for being popamole crap. Decline and all that.
Good thing DraQ and I joined to re-incline the Codex then :smug:
wleljd.png

More seriously, Morrowind mainly caused butthurt because it didn't build upon Daggerfall, so any improvements were overshadowed by the areas where it didn't even try to live up Daggerfall's name in the eyes of most Daggerfellas.
OTOH Obvion was, is and will be just shit.

Gob Nobbler

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Starting to play Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, by friend's recommendation. Have virtually no knowledge of the game, no idea what to expect, aside from it being a fantasy RPG. For what it's worth - I don't like the name, looks too similar to Dragon Age: Origins.

Before that I was fucking around with Fable 3, and uninstalled it in utter disgust due to how incredibly atrocious every single aspect of the game is. Fable was a retarded, yet stupidly entertaining and charming sort of guilty pleasure, Fable 2 never came out on PC (to hell with it?), and Fable 3 is just the epitome of consoletard hand-holding, idiotic interface, and complete lack of immersion or interest in the game world. First game I uninstalled without at least getting to the middle for a long time.

Blonsky

Prophet
Stoped trying to finish Omerta: City of Gangster- the Japanese Incentive.
The game aint that bad, trying to become the criminal boss during american prohibiton era, it has some fun events like rabbi blessing illegeal boze, fighting in fixed boxing matches, protecting nigros from the local KKK group, but i just wished that there were more different types of jobs, more gang members interaction, and a playable version without all the quest breaking and game crashing bugs.

Started Scratches-Directors cut point and click adventure with a gimmick that you can rotate freely for 360°.
At first i didnt think its anything special and the rotation was made a bit clumsy, but while searching every part of the house for clues by rotating around yourself it starts getting a bit scary, you dont know if something was there before or did it just show up, the pictures in the house are real art pieces and really make it look like its something strange with the place, i havent seen a single supernatural thing jet but i just feel there is something waiting to jump me if i turn to the wrong side or maybe my mind is fucked up.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Fighting Fantasy for the DS. Surprisingly good first-person handheld RPG, in my opinion one of the best for the system. I wish they'd make another one for the 3DS but I'm assuming the game sold like no copies or something.

A very good example of Morrowind level of writing. If you find it good, then Morrowind should have no fear for you. If you find it bad, just ignore the words on screen.

Bethesda writing department~ :stupid:
It's MK and he probably was on drugs when writing that.
Yes, plural.
Honestly, all the Bethesda writing department should snort some coke, with their writing the way it is, most people wouldn't notice any change and they would get some fun. MK was a bro, he was on drugs on this one but there are other texts that are really well done.
This text is pretty great too, if only because how many obfuscated yet informative layers it has.

MK being a machine transmuting controlled substances into Lore was one of the better things to ever happen to TES.

TBH the setting stops being so "alien" once you get to know the base material (Eastern cultures, mostly Hindu). What stands out the most is that it's still is a very good melange of inspirations and the way the setting is (re)constructed and multilayered, especially the whole metaphysics thing, is quite ingenious, especially in a video game.

FUCK I NEED TO REINSTALL IT

DeepOcean

Arcane
TBH the setting stops being so "alien" once you get to know the base material (Eastern cultures, mostly Hindu).
True but the very fact of video game developers studying other cultures instead of sticking to boring USA/Hollywood version of medieval europe is a big advancement. Why they decided to throw all that through the window with Oblivion, I don't understand that to this day.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I JUST BOYUGHT AOD I HAVENT PAYED THAT MUCH FOR A PC GAME IN A LONG TIME I FEEL DIRTY

Felix

Arcane
New Vegas, I woudn't say I'm wasting my time though, I'm having the time of my life playing games and playing the game :kfc:

Disgruntled

Savant
Ive gone from 2-3 weeks of bliss with MMX and Blackguards to now tearing my hair out cause I cant find anything to play.:negative:
Thought an mmo could keep me occupied but the road of grind to endgame is so banal that I lasted no more than an hour with Rift and Neverwinter.

Every candidate I look at is either shit, boring, alpha or has some fatal flaw that ruins the otherwise good experience.

Disgruntled

Savant
Play Realms of Arkania HD.

Codex Review said:
If there was anything listed in this review that you found even slightly positive, I can only tell you one thing. Don’t get this game. Don’t play it, don’t buy it and don’t talk about it because it doesn’t deserve anything other than a kick down a cliff. If there were any positive sides to this garbage, they are only there because they were already there in the original Realms of Arkania from 1992. There is not even the slightest reason to pick this “remake” over the original, and there is even less reason to give any money to the shameless and inept idiots who have brought this upon mankind.

:thumbsup:

DraQ

Arcane
True but the very fact of video game developers studying other cultures instead of sticking to boring USA/Hollywood version of medieval europe is a big advancement.
TBH I don't think it is, or at least was, all that uncommon.
Fucking Blood has cultists shouting in bastardized Latin/Sanskrit hybrid and it's all in all just a derpy FPS horror pastiche.

Why they decided to throw all that through the window with Oblivion, I don't understand that to this day.
:hearnoevil: and :gumpyhead:?

Anyway, on topic - I've been wasting some time with the latest builds of Pioneer and they have started to implement hostile encounters.
Combat is so far very bare bones but it generally works. I like how your actual mass influences your performance ( :patriot: )
and projectiles generally make for more interesting dogfights than hitscans. UI durping up is a big problem in battles, though, you can also abuse AI resulting in some cheap victories.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Had a run with Warlock yesterday.
Here I was, thinking I was roofle-stomping my opponents, and all of a fucking sudden their heroes turn up.

Neat.

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014
Finally decided to see what all the fuss was about with DayZ and delved into it this weekend.
Very first spawn next to the beach, takes me 5-6 minutes to run to the nearest survivor. I wave hi. He pummels me to
unconsciousness with his crowbar and steals my shoes.

So DayZ is nothing but an asshole simulator?

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well I've been playing both Majesty games over the past few weeks and I have to say I give up trying to gauge it's quality I think Majesty 2 is shit.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Had a run with Warlock yesterday.
Here I was, thinking I was roofle-stomping my opponents, and all of a fucking sudden their heroes turn up.

Neat.

A much better game than Civilization V to be sure.

alpha brotocol, because once in a while i can afford to spend 3 euros.
after a couple of missions it feels like a mixture of splinter cell and mass effect, surprisingly in a good way.
performance is abysmal, dialogues go too fast leaving too little time to chose and i wish there were more skills, but overall seems i spent my money well.
good one, codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom