Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Diablo169

Arcane
RE: Playing IWD2. Shit crashes frequently :/ Game freezes, sound gets stuck on loop until I reboot computer (no IWD processes running in task manager)

Oh well. I guess I'll have to consider playing something else.

It's fates way of telling you to wait for the "Enhanced Edition ™"

:troll:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
For those of you who played all these games back in the days, how did you feel about games like Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders and Final Doom after having played Duke Nukem 3D?

I honestly can't recall whether I played Heretic and the expansion before or after DN3D (it was, after all, 15+ years ago), but I do recall really enjoying both. I still listen to the Heretic soundtrack every now and again. :)

tindrli

Arcane
king's bounty crossworlds lvl 40, the worst mage ever

zfcTcu.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Started on the second half of Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders. Couldn't get past an ambush on the first map of episode 2, involving several liches and some undead warriors in close quareters, of which half was lava. Couldn't work up the enthusiasm to try harder, so this is one of the few games I've not completed the past three years.
Either the expansion is not as good as the core game, or else playing the excellent Unreal Tournament remake of Marathon and the eDuke32 source port of Duke Nukem 3D has spoilt me when it comes to shooters. Probably the latter, since I have problems working up enthusiasm for Doom WADs on my play list as well.

So I started a FRUA module based on the old Greyhawk module Secret of Bone Hill, and enjoying it so far. I never seem to get tired of the Gold Box engine.

Brinko

Arcane
kbL1TyT.png

Started playing M&B with Floris and captured my first city because horse fucking Khergits can't hold a city for shit. Never heard of tariffs before so I guess it's a Floris thing but holy fuck does this break the game horribly.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
kbL1TyT.png

Started playing M&B with Floris and captured my first city because horse fucking Khergits can't hold a city for shit. Never heard of tariffs before so I guess it's a Floris thing but holy fuck does this break the game horribly.

No crack and hookers in weekly budget? Pffff

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Playing a faith build for the first time in Dark Souls as a warmup for Dark Souls 2 and just reinstalled Wizardry 8 on my laptop, I am bringing over one of my original Wiz 7 parties and so far it looks great

Gregz

Arcane
Finally doing a full run of Deus Ex HR. I've reached the DLC part and I'm quite impressed. The gameplay is good, the boss battles are not that retarded anymore if you are stealth focused. Also, I am a sucker for anything with a cyberpunk theme.

On the bad side, I am not sold on the story and characters. I have not seen a WTF moment yet and there were no twists that impressed me. You can even anticipate some of it if you pay close attention to the world. I'm not liking the characters either. Brofist for voice acting but other then that everything about them is forgettable.
I still don't know why I even tried to save Malik

If you are not "stealth focused", you are fucked six ways to Sunday, and the game does not tell you that.

MCA himself said that one of the worst mistakes a designer can make is to give the player build options which look fun/viable but are a complete handicap throughout the rest of the game.

DE:HR is overrated crap.

DraQ

Arcane
help I'm reinstalling Morrowind

help me
Vivec in The Thirty-Six Lessons of Vivec: Sermon Thirty-Four said:
Then Vivec left the Ministry of Truth and went back to the space that was not a space. From the Provisional House he looked into the middle world to find the eighth and final and mightiest monster, called GULGA MOR JIL and more. The wise must look elsewhere for this string of power.

Vivec called to his side the Hortator and this was the first time that Nerevar had ever been to the Provisional House. He had the same vision that Vivec had so many years ago: that of the two-headed ruling king.

'Who is that?' he wondered.

Vivec said, 'The red jewel of conquest.'

Nerevar, perhaps because he was frightened, became vexed at his lord's answer. 'Why are you always so evasive?'

Vivec told the Hortator that to be otherwise was to betray his nature.

Together they moved into the middle world, to a village near where Vivec had been found by Ayem and Seht. The eighth monster was there, but he did not act much like a monster. He sat with his legs in the ocean and with a troubled look on his face. When he saw his mother-father, he asked why he should have to die and return to oblivion.

Vivec told the eighth monster that to be otherwise was to betray his nature. Since this did not seem to satisfy the monster and Vivec still had a touch of Ayem's mercy he said:

'The fire is mine: let it consume thee,
And make a secret door
At the altar of Padhome,
In the House of Boet-hi-Ah
Where we become safe
And looked after.'

The monster accepted Muatra with a peaceful look and his bones became the foundation for the City of the Dead, anon Narsis.

Nerevar put away his axe, which he had at the ready, and frowned.

'Why,' he said, 'did you ask me to come if you knew the eighth monster would give in so easily?'

Vivec looked at the Hortator for a long time.

Nerevar understood. 'Do not betray your nature. Answer as you will.'

Vivec said, 'I brought you here because I knew the mightiest of my issue would succumb to Muatra without argument, if only I gave him consolation first.'

Nerevar looked at Vivec for a long time.

Vivec understood. 'Say the words, Hortator.'

Nerevar said, 'Now I am the mightiest of your children.'

Let this sermon be consolation to those who read it that are destined to die.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
wleljd.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
A very good example of Morrowind level of writing. If you find it good, then Morrowind should have no fear for you. If you find it bad, just ignore the words on screen.

Bethesda writing department~ :stupid:
It's MK and he probably was on drugs when writing that.
Yes, plural.
Honestly, all the Bethesda writing department should snort some coke, with their writing the way it is, most people wouldn't notice any change and they would get some fun. MK was a bro, he was on drugs on this one but there are other texts that are really well done.

DraQ

Arcane
A very good example of Morrowind level of writing. If you find it good, then Morrowind should have no fear for you. If you find it bad, just ignore the words on screen.

Bethesda writing department~ :stupid:
It's MK and he probably was on drugs when writing that.
Yes, plural.
Honestly, all the Bethesda writing department should snort some coke, with their writing the way it is, most people wouldn't notice any change and they would get some fun. MK was a bro, he was on drugs on this one but there are other texts that are really well done.
This text is pretty great too, if only because how many obfuscated yet informative layers it has.

MK being a machine transmuting controlled substances into Lore was one of the better things to ever happen to TES.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hatin on Morrowind is just so passe, its one of the best games ever and it is definetly not at fault that after beign ported to the Xbox someone at Bethesda decided that it became a best seller IN SPITE of beign a wordy and deep RPG...and then they made Oblivion

it's way far from being one of the best games ever, but we passionately love it nonetheless because it was made with skill and care, its shortcomings were fewer and less important than its merits.

Tribal Sarah

Arbiter
Just finished Bioshock infinite and the dlc. The first time I played it I thought it was meh. I put it on a few days ago because I need a filler until Dark Souls and I hadn't done the dlc. I ended up totally hooked. I finished it in 3/4 days and loved it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom