Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Pledge $15 (unlimited)
Copy of game free via Steam for PC. You will also get a special skill and weapon only available to those who helped fund the project.
:hmmm:

Stabwound

Arcane
Jesus H Christ. At the very least they know how to get people to donate. I bet there are some Wasteland fans that will donate for some of the more expensive rewards. I'm a little surprised that $15 is enough to get a digital copy of the game, but I guess that's how Kickstarter works.

I rarely ever buy games anymore, but they absolutely have, at the minimum, my $15 or even $50 if they can convince me that my money is going to be part of the effort toward reversing the decline.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pledge $15 (unlimited)
Copy of game free via Steam for PC. You will also get a special skill and weapon only available to those who helped fund the project.
:hmmm:
That also caused me to pause for a moment.
But I chose to be faithful and believe that it'd be a joke skill and a weapon that may perhaps be useful early on but is quickly obsoleted. I don't think they'd really get serious about this and then mess up at this stage.

TripJack

Hedonist
lul only the collector's edition will come with a manual?

terrible

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You're mistaken; the Steam version comes with a .pdf manual, as do most games. Though it may be abridged compared to the 50$ donation manual.
It's obvious to me that you have to pay 50$ for a thick paper manual, box and map. I would gladly pay that for a retail game.

In fact, I paid much more than that for RoA 1 in a game store when I was much, much younger. And never regretted it.

Why are you being so negative and obtuse about this? This ought to be one of the best news in the RPG genre in years and you guys piss all over it.

Stabwound

Arcane
lul only the collector's edition will come with a manual?

terrible
Where does it say that? It says the $50 level comes with the box and instruction manual. That's about the price of any new game, is it not?

TripJack

Hedonist
i got an f on my last reading comprehension test

im never gonna make it to the 6th grade :(

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
$15 sounds cheap enough for me to chip in. Steam too? Count me in.

Gregz

Arcane
It has been posted before, but on the following site:http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=1f7176 there is a poll-like voting structure with the ability to include your own ideas. Might be worth checking out because the dev;s will look at it's results.

Seconded.

My favourite: "It is vitally important, though you undoubtedly know this, to freely and willfully ignore any of our rabid fan suggestions, in the name of making an end product that is superior in design to anything we amateurs might think sounds great by itself." +1'ed.

Yeah that forum needs meta-moderation, the popamole crowd is voting up more than a few bad ideas.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You will also get a special skill and weapon only available to those who helped fund the project.
Would rather not get the game through this kickstarter thing then. I hate items DLC (see New Vegas). It's cheating.

MMXI

Arcane
Well, the $50 one sounds good as you get a boxed copy. The $75 point seems interesting as you get into the beta and get a novella too. $100 is as far as I'll go though, getting the collectors edition with stuff like a soundtrack. Everything after that? Don't care.

Stabwound

Arcane
You will also get a special skill and weapon only available to those who helped fund the project.
Would rather not get the game through this kickstarter thing then. I hate items DLC (see New Vegas). It's cheating.
I agree and it looks as though there's a big outcry about this on their official forums. I doubt it will make it into the actual Kickstarter campaign.

Johannes

Arcane
I hope the extra skill and weapon are mostly a joke than something useful. For example, toaster repair skill and then there's a toaster somewhere with a BB gun inside.

Also shrines/statues for donators sound tacky, but I guess it won't hurt to have some memorial hall in the Ranger HQ with these. The NPCs with 150 possible total, probably will be just random guys you can ask directions from or such, and maybe recruit them. Then again if someone has suitable face and name for a more important character they have in mind, why not use those? Though I personally wouldn't want myself to appear in a vidya game in any way.

50$ set would be nice but I don't know if I want to spare the money just now... Well at least if it's dangling at 999,950 $ in the last moments, I guess I will. Otherwise might just get it on release if I'm still alive.

almondblight

Arcane
I'm glad to see that there might be a couple hundred NPC's, a dozen statues, and a few shrines in the game based on donors.

Gregz

Arcane
Crowdfunding is a great way to offset risk for game developers, I hope it continues to catch on. It may be just the thing for getting "Real RPGs" back into production.

Gotta agree with this though:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Arcanum had a "hidden" community graveyard (I'm in it!) with everyone having a tombstone with an original epitaph. That was really fucking cool.

Johannes

Arcane
Actually, in ADOM there was also a room with statues with acronyms of betatesters and short poem for each. Then you could break the statues and get some pretty worthwhile stuff from the insides. And that level overall was lethal as fuck.

...And is the downloadable version steam only? :x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom