Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Was Dark Souls 2 the greatest game that From Software ever made?

Was Dark Souls 2 better than everything?

• Yes

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • It was better than everything

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • No. There has never been a better game than Dark Souls 2

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters

janior

Arcane
Patron
5WaJgsj.jpeg

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Demon's Souls is comparable to having sex for the first time. Nothing can match that experience. Assuming you didn't go to prison first.

Max Damage

Savant
Dark Souls 2 is my least favorite DS game, but it was much more fun than Elden Ring. Souls formula just doesn't work when inflated to open world scale, collecting useless garbage and oneshotting hundredth wolf is anything but engaging.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Dark Souls 2 is my least favorite DS game, but it was much more fun than Elden Ring. Souls formula just doesn't work when inflated to open world scale, collecting useless garbage and oneshotting hundredth wolf is anything but engaging.
But Elden Ring sold more?

:philosoraptor:

Ryzer

Arcane
Dark Souls 3 is by FAR worse than any other Souls game.

Max Damage

Savant
What else is there to do? Slogging through half-assed crypts and caves only to find copypasted spastic bosses and shitty loot? The game is 90% mind numbing filler between trying to figure out where the fuck is next actual story related location that isn't cockblocked by terrain or other impassable bullshit, the pacing and any semblance of direction is completely absent, it's like playing TES/Far Cry/AssCreed made by even bigger morons.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
The game is 90% mind numbing filler between trying to figure out where the fuck is next actual story related location that isn't cockblocked by terrain or other impassable bullshit, the pacing and any semblance of direction is completely absent
Idiots sounded like this when DS came up, then it became cool and these people of course mysteriously disappeared. There is more than enough direction and no need to vacuum up everything, you can go nearly everywhere from the start. Don't like copy pasted shit? Chuckle and move along.

Max Damage

Savant
I'd rather move along to a game that isn't mostly made of filler. Retards failing to find bells in DS has nothing to do with Elden Ring having shit world design.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Elden Ring is such an enormous game, the butthurt it causes can't even be contained in its own thread. :smug:

Alternatively, Dark Souls 2 (the shit one) is so worthless and dull, people have to talk about other soulsgames in its thread. :smug: :smug:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Alternatively, Dark Souls 2 (the shit one) is so worthless and dull, people have to talk about other soulsgames in its thread. :smug: :smug:

Which, of course, never happens in Elden Ring thread.
Every Soulsborne thread turns into a dick measuring contest about which one is the best.
Either call them the Souldenborne games or just say Souls. Well, I guess Soulsborne, while too long, is still okay if you consider Elden Ring to be Dark Souls IV in its creative laziness. That's the impression I get not knowing if I will ever put more than the seven hours in the game up to January 22nd.

janior

Arcane
Patron
Every Soulsborne thread turns into a dick measuring contest about which one is the best.

As it should. DS1, by the way. Fuck the losers who cry about the second half.
I used to think that as well but then I played Demon's Souls and realized that 90% of things that are good about DS1 are already present or done better(except healing) there.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I'll stick with Soulsborne. It covers their entire ARPG formula which includes Elden Ring. I don't consider Sekiro or AC6 to be in that group. Niggers trying to over complicate shit.

Soulsborne also rolls off the tongue pretty smooth.

You also can't just say "Souls" because there's too many fucking games with the word Soul in the title. Soulsborne is perfect.

Last edited:

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I've completed pretty much every souls game except BB. Even Sekiro. I would say DS2 is the least polished of the trilogy. Wonky controls, lot's of content but the content varies in extremes of quality. The graphics downgrades were disappointing as well. DS2 looks very strangely dated to me in a way that DS1 doesn't. DS3 is the most polished in my opinion but DS1 is a personal favorite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom