Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer MOC: why does this POS get an addon ?!?

ricolikesrice

Arcane
Namco just announced an Addon for Warhammer:Mark of Chaos by the name of "Battlemarch".

after the disaster the original game was i hoped for many things ... the most important beeing that Namco loses the license as fast as possible and going bankcrupt though unlikely would have been icing on the cake.

the only good thing was that unlike oblivion etc warhammer mark of chaos finally looked like one game where the huge ammount of hype and "bought" reviews (granted it didnt get 9/10 reviews but how any sane person could give this 7 or 8/10 i dont know...) didnt pay off in the end: almost nobody played this POS online and the forums died off very quick after the first weeks of mass complaints, also i never noticed it anywhere in sales charts.

that was my small victory, people making shit games failing horribly, at least from what it looked like. also luckily enough Medieval Total War 2 came out roughly the same time and while thats a game i also have some issues with its brilliance, perfection and art compared to the rape that is MoC.

but now they just announced an addon which means that despite the horrible demo and a far better game comming out the same time ... enough people bought this abonimation of a game and my small victory broke together in itself. why oh why are people that dumb ? ..... how can you buy this shit ? hell, as a warhammer fan one is used to not so great computer games, but even Firewarrior was a 100times more enjoyable than Mark of Chaos.

oh well rant off.

Ryuken

Liturgist
It was a dumbed down, better looking Dark Omen and it was too small-scaled to be compared to something like Total War. MoC was enjoyable to a certain extent but yes, quite average in terms of game mechanics. I found the performance drops a lot more irritating though. At least they kept patching it for a few months, maybe Battle March will add some depth and not just some new races to fill things up.

And wasn't Fire Warrior an easy-peasy FPS? :)

EliotW

Educated
It held little to Dark Omen or Shadow of the Horned Rat. Combat wasn't tactical at all. The game was just a RTS without a build queue.

filogreek

Scholar
It's going to come out on the secksbox360, PC users get an expansion with the 2 'new' races. I don't understand why people release RTS games on consoles.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
the graphics werent even that great really.

how did someone else call the game... "pretty warhammer army screenshot maker" ?

1. the game had horrible lack of animations i.e. combat looked incredibly dull
2. the sorry excuse for an engine couldnt handle more than 300 soldiers on each side on a PC that handles 1500+ just fine in MTW2 (and MTW2 looks better....).
but then again that doesnt matter as you cant play really big armies in MOC.

and it ll prolly be a success on the xbox, since the game is pretty low in the tactics and strategy department. just "build" an army , click them in the right direction and watch the boring combat over and over.....

my personal biggest disappointment 2006 even over oblivion ( Warhammer Dark Omen was a pretty good game i really enjoyed - so i looked really forward to this )

Shannow

Waster of Time
Ryuken said:
It was a dumbed down, better looking Dark Omen
Comparing MoC to Dark Omen is like comparing a glass of piss to a 5 star menue with nine courses. They were both in the Warhammer universe and you commanded units on a battle field in both. And this is were all similarity ends.

The only thing I liked about the game were the voice-overs. I can honestly not remember a bigger disappointment.

The_Pope

Scholar
I had a look at the official forums and there is one thing that could explain this - it looks like they caved in and added basic common sense features their customers had been asking for since the first beta in 1.72. Things like friendly fire on missile weapons, allowing you to turn off ubar itamz for multiplayer etc. Perhaps they've realized that RTS minus strategy doesn't have enough depth to be anything other than a screensaver, and no one pays for screensavers. I'll probably give the expansion demo a try, as a Total War style game with balanced multiplayer is something I've been wanting for quite some time. This probably won't be it, but it's worth a try anyway.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I thought the game was at least OK, but that's perhaps one of the reasons why I'm a member of SGLF now. Anyway, I think the publisher wants to earn some easy cash from people who are hyped for Warhammer Online.

ollyORKO1l

Novice
Dark Omen

WE STILL PLAY DARK OMEN ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

Please join us........@

http://darkomen.benjamintrenkle.de/index.php
(Bembelimen and Ghabry)

http://darkomen.blitz-art.com/strona/index.php
(Byru)

http://darkomenmulti.proboards50.com/
(darkmancer)

http://www.markofchaos.com/forums/viewf ... 0d36db4ff7

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforu ... ic=19257.0

http://uk.games-workshop.com/empire/get ... started/1/

and Hamachi Networks......

1) Dark-Omen (password = darkomen) Ghabry + friends + Me(Olly)
2) WDO-MP (password = wdo1998) Byru + Friends + Me(Olly)
3) WDO-MP2 (password = wdo1998) Byru + Friends + Me(Olly)
4) WDO-MP3 (password = wdo1998) Byru + Friends + Me(Olly)
5) WDO-MP4 (password = wdo1998) Byru + Friends + Me(Olly)
6) WDO-MP5 (password = wdo1998) Byru + Friends + Me(Olly)
7) WDO-MP6 (password = wdo1998) Byru + Friends + Me(Olly)
darkmancers2 (password= darkomen) Darkmancer + Friends+Me(Olly)
9) darkmancers3 (password = darkomen)Darkmancer + Friends+ Me(Olly)

Lots of newcomers from around the World- UK,Germany,Poland,Argentina,Russia,America

10 years on and it still hasnt been beaten!

ollyORKO1l

Novice
Sorry, what Admin Password?

You may have to ask each owner of Dark Omen Hamachi Network?

:)

Yeah the Strategy/Gameplay involed in Dark Omen and SOTR hasn't been beat in 10 years

Such as

True Line Of Sight (Not Fog of War)

Attack ground for those Intercept Shots (RomeTotalWar cant do this)

Formations Tactics Attack at Rear , Solid Formations,Wield etc
(MarkOfChaos uses FOG and Troops can run through each other) )

Negate Magic Spells cast by Shamen/Vampires and Wizards

Dark Omen adheres to the Warhammer Table Top Rules

So please all of you join us and play Multiplayer online
New members join us daily from around the World

(see contact links in previous Posts)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
ollyORKO1l said:
Sorry, what Admin Password?

You may have to ask each owner of Dark Omen Hamachi Network?

Yeah the Strategy/Gameplay involed in Dark Omen and SOTR hasn't been beat in 10 years

Such as

True Line Of Sight (Not Fog of War)

Attack ground for those Intercept Shots (RomeTotalWar cant do this)

Formations Tactics Attack at Rear , Solid Formations,Wield etc
(MarkOfChaos uses FOG and Troops can run through each other) )

Negate Magic Spells cast by Shamen/Vampires and Wizards

Dark Omen adheres to the Warhammer Table Top Rules

So please all of you join us and play Multiplayer online
New members join us daily from around the World

(see contact links in previous Posts)

That's actually really nice.

Also, check out my thread. I wonder what you Dark Omen fanatics think of it! I don't know all the rules so I am making a lot of stuff up in it, but... I need the feedback badly!
-> http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20822&start=0

Marsal

Arcane
Play some multiplayer games vs those guys Jasede and make a report? Should be fun.

ollyORKO1l

Novice
Veterns

Since beeing disapointed by MarkOfChaos

:(

and having been fired up, by the sheer thought of a Dark Omen 2

I was left with my 10 year old copy of Dark Omen, so I hunted online and joined all the
functioning Global Fansites (using Translators to establish first contact)

but luckily everyone can speak English and being from the UK, I United them together.

So I post every where and new people come and play me (never played it online before just LAN ) and also learn from Veterans who run websites but always for Fun and meet other new players.

We play Original and Modded Version (94 characters and more money for Bigger Battles)

Astromarine

Erudite
bought the collector's edition of the original, will buy the expansion. For some people, not buying a Warhammer game is simply not an option I guess...

and yes, yes, I know, I'm a whore. Fuck you.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Astromarine said:
bought the collector's edition of the original, will buy the expansion. For some people, not buying a Warhammer game is simply not an option I guess...
EXACTLY.

Also, I quite liked the game. I even read the book which came with the collector's edition and it wasn't Salvatore-level bad.

kain611

Augur
So has this been patched up to where it's enjoyable? Never played it so not sure what would be called enjoyable. Basically wondering if it's better than the demo(heard the demo is bad) and if I should DL it.

ps. I love Warhammer 40k series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom