Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Israfael

Arcane
owlcat will never get an official wizards product
Actually, if they cease cosplaying as Cypriots and get back to Mother Russia they can use one of our latest laws to ignore IP rights of a company from an 'unfriendly' state and do anything they want :lol:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I just noticed - The people aboard your ship are dressed like Guardsmen, when they actually should be Voidsmen:
1702297580348.png

Shameful, Owlcat.

Trithne

Erudite
I just noticed - The people aboard your ship are dressed like Guardsmen, when they actually should be Voidsmen:
View attachment 44494

Shameful, Owlcat.
That's more on GW consolidating everything into a bland mush.

Although they did make a nice set of Imperial Navy models recently. Kill Team is where they actually make interesting things within the setting:
FZUv6h3WYAEXtcr.jpg

OIP.Mi2MwpGoQVSZrgh9ARoYQwHaHa

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually, if they cease cosplaying as Cypriots and get back to Mother Russia they can use one of our latest laws to ignore IP rights of a company from an 'unfriendly' state and do anything they want :lol:
Smart laws. Current patent and copyright abuse is preventing a creation of new stuff, and in some circumstances could be used against author.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
who the fuck cares but the gazzilion small imperial faction honestly

the setting is dead due to excessive IoM whoring

jf8350143

Liturgist
30 hours in and can't find a single special bolt gun, whether it be pistol or two handed.

What the heck are you doing Owlcat? It's the most iconic weapon in the universe, give it some love.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Sitting here waiting for patches for both Colony Ship and Rogue Trader before beginning first playthrough on both games.

Hurry up dem patches, niggas

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Or just too janky and european?

The real answer is that Wizards has a bizarre approach to the 5E license. They'll hand it out like candy for shitty mobile games and action stuff, but for full-fledged RPG productions they've been incredibly stingy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I almost considered playing this earlier than my usual wait time for Owlcat releases (1 year minimum, 2 years prefered), since I thought maybe with a less complicated ruleset the bugs would be less aggravating. I see my patience has once again paid off

2018 Kingmaker
2021 Wrath
2023 Rogue Trader
2025 Ravenloft?????ß
They could make "Crow's Attic", a horror themed RPG based on the 5E SRD.

Actually, could they even? Remember that Wizards tightened their grip on the open license after Solasta

Hellion

Arcane
They released a micropatch that fixes a few microissues, but only on Xbox.

Lord Captains, we've published a minor hotfix 1.0.0.7 for Rogue Trader on Xbox:

Fixed the bug preventing the player from entering or leaving a certain lift in Kiava Gamma;
Formulas in the descriptions of some items have been corrected;
The Nurgle cultists kept outhealing any damage during the random encounter - fixed;
Some Space Marine Animations were fixed and improved;
Founders pack items only appeared after installing any other DLC - fixed;

#priorities

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They released a micropatch that fixes a few microissues, but only on Xbox.

Lord Captains, we've published a minor hotfix 1.0.0.7 for Rogue Trader on Xbox:

Fixed the bug preventing the player from entering or leaving a certain lift in Kiava Gamma;
Formulas in the descriptions of some items have been corrected;
The Nurgle cultists kept outhealing any damage during the random encounter - fixed;
Some Space Marine Animations were fixed and improved;
Founders pack items only appeared after installing any other DLC - fixed;

#priorities

Ah we definitely knows which studio will be bought by M$ and went to the shitter making games for Gamepass then

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
30 hours in and can't find a single special bolt gun, whether it be pistol or two handed.

What the heck are you doing Owlcat? It's the most iconic weapon in the universe, give it some love.
Then you have not looked well enough.

In the quarantine zone you will find "Imperial Pride" and the Kasballica Mission has a upgraded Bolter early on as well.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If there is a door locked and you fail on Tech:Use. Just keep insisting clicking on Tech and will eventually accept you´re freaking annoying so will finnally open.
What actually happens is that game tries to open it with each character that has not failed yet. After that you need to use those limited resources to try again.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Operator is perfect for this although Run and Gun if I assume right should also let you attack again with a sniper?!

Yeah you can get 3 attacks per turn and with high enough shooting skills they will be 95%

Cassia with a Longlas even in Hard is also pretty decent with sniper

In general burst weapon like Bolters are good for big sized enemies as they have very high chance to hit. For weak group of mobs, true aoe weapon like Shotgun, Flamers, charged Plasma is better.
I wish we had more than 2 slots for weapons. Little trick I learned is that you can put two one hand weapons in both slots for one weapon slot with no penalty for doing so. You cannot attack with both but you can use either without needing to switch.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I almost considered playing this earlier than my usual wait time for Owlcat releases (1 year minimum, 2 years prefered), since I thought maybe with a less complicated ruleset the bugs would be less aggravating. I see my patience has once again paid off

2018 Kingmaker
2021 Wrath
2023 Rogue Trader
2025 Ravenloft?????ß
They could make "Crow's Attic", a horror themed RPG based on the 5E SRD.

Actually, could they even? Remember that Wizards tightened their grip on the open license after Solasta
A lot has changed since then, WotC had to release the 5E SRD under a Creative Commons license to try to salvage the situation after the OGL debacle. So there's less restrictions on how you can use the SRD now.

Anyway, I hope Owlcat instead of making a new game works on patching this dumpster fire. I've just started act 2, and I've had fun so far, but it's getting more and more annoying that my builds don't work the way they are supposed to, and I'm expecting this will just get worse and worse as I progress into parts of the game that haven't been tested as much. So Rogue Trader will go on the shelf for now. I guess I can spend my free time on painting some actual miniatures instead.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is there an option to make the highlight to light up only important people that you could talk with ?

Trithne

Erudite
Operator is perfect for this although Run and Gun if I assume right should also let you attack again with a sniper?!

Yeah you can get 3 attacks per turn and with high enough shooting skills they will be 95%

Cassia with a Longlas even in Hard is also pretty decent with sniper

In general burst weapon like Bolters are good for big sized enemies as they have very high chance to hit. For weak group of mobs, true aoe weapon like Shotgun, Flamers, charged Plasma is better.
I wish we had more than 2 slots for weapons. Little trick I learned is that you can put two one hand weapons in both slots for one weapon slot with no penalty for doing so. You cannot attack with both but you can use either without needing to switch.
There's a talent that lets you attack with a second weapon at a penalty.

Aarwolf

Learned

There is a very good heavy bolter at the end of act 1
(after the battle wist CSM)
, but it's heretical only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom