Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1702321153070.png

visiting these colonies just so you can choose dialogue option is very tedious, should be able to do it anywhere in the map. such a time waster

Lamiosa

Educated
I keep reading that Argenta is op, that she can mower groups asap. Yet for some reason she completely suck, and not in a good way, in my group, she can't hit for shit...

It entirely depends on difficulty. On Daring (easy) and below enemies have such pitiful dodge/cover does basically nothing so she can unload a low accuracy burst and hit everything in an aoe. On higher difficulties that same burst will do nothing.
As someone said above, Argenta is at her strongest in moments like this (chapter 2 battle):

Last edited:

Azdul

Magister
And I'm still bitter about not being able to play few Russian Baldur's Gates - that were never finished and never released:
1.jpg

It could have been complete shit - alas I'll never know.
Have you played Konung? Looks very similar
Konung is an RTS-RPG hybrid - and uses tiles instead of BG-style large backgrounds. Fatherdale - Guardians of Asgard was supposed to be much closer to Baldur's Gate - based on Norse / Slavic mythology - with graphic backgrounds spanning multiple CDs.
fatherdale001-173043.jpg

3224.jpg

While some graphical styles from 20 years ago aged terribly - I find non-enhanced versions of BG1 and IWD1 - aesthetically pleasing. The same goes for VGA / AGA blobbers.

Konung tiles with their obviously wrong lightning do not look so hot anymore - especially in higher resolutions where repeating patterns are painfully noticeable.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm surprised that they seem to have fucked up so many things after the beta closed. I was actually having a bug free experience with that. My decision to wait a year before buying is made much easier by reading this thread.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok I had big battle in temple where tech priest is hanging, after 4 turns he decides to kill everyone and game hangs... 30+ minutes gone to the wind..

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I keep reading that Argenta is op, that she can mower groups asap. Yet for some reason she completely suck, and not in a good way, in my group, she can't hit for shit...

It entirely depends on difficulty. On Daring (easy) and below enemies have such pitiful dodge/cover does basically nothing so she can unload a low accuracy burst and hit everything in an aoe. On higher difficulties that same burst will do nothing.
As someone said above, Argenta is at her strongest in moments like this (chapter 2 battle):

Gets even worse, there is a talent that triggers wildfire every 3 versatility instead of 4 and things like Pasqals analyse thingies increase the damage not on a % base but flat meaning it doubles the base damage of the Heavy bolter + % increases through different other factors like the Grand strategists rear and Frontline skill and especially the inspire ability of the master Tactician.

Just to make that clear the cheap 1-shot/ Burst Combo you can literally spam the versatility stack is so high that last fight I checked I had a BS of 180, which basically guarantees crits. I've now seen 80+ Damage hits for every bullet.

It's fun but absolutely broken, I would suggest not having the versatility increase on alternating between "single-shot" and "burst" Owlcat_Eyler

std::namespace

also, WOAH, is burst shooting "ballistics" based and not rng?! damn
single shots are rng alright but burst...
like, if someone is in the lines of fire, will he always get hit? cause the big guy at the end of the prologue seemed to eat every burst shot fired

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
also, WOAH, is burst shooting "ballistics" based and not rng?! damn
single shots are rng alright but burst...
like, if someone is in the lines of fire, will he always get hit? cause the big guy at the end of the prologue seemed to eat every burst shot fired
Yeah that is basically it, I think the farther the target is away (out of effective range) the less likely it is to hit but direct in front with a bolter is 20 60 20 hit chances, always hits.

Making this increadibly deadly. Bursts are also harder to Dodge, BS influences crit chance though, it should not be avoided even when planning on mostly bursting.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This has probably been reported already in this long-ass thread, but there's a serious, game breaking bug in the last but one stage ("go to the landing pad") of the Gleam of the Final Dawn quest, the last quest in Act 1 where you kill Aurora in the Electrodynamic Cenobium. If you kill her with Heinrik, you've got to NOT "OBSERVE" HIM, which is one of the options after she dies right at the end and falls down - he walks up to her and is about to do some Inquisitor thing, and you have the option to observe him - DON'T do that, pick the first option of interacting with the Tech computer skill check thingy, and you get some object out of it that makes him happy.

If you "observe" him (don't know about the other options, but definitely if you observe), the quest won't complete when you "exit to the landing pad" (the final step). What's supposed to happen is that you get a cutscene in your office. If you do the bugged version the cutscene conversation is weird and truncated, and the quest "exit to the landing pad" appears uncompleted. If you do it right, you have a nice chat with Heinrik and then there's a vox call from the boss guy on the planet, which will lead to the proper completion.

So basically just do a save before going down to the reactor for the final boss fight, just as insurance, and do the above.

I'm liking the game so far, but damn, these "cutscenes" are hilariously bad, Dawn of War 1 level tech-wise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom