Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Released

I even modded it with TTT

How did you installed mod in Linux? And what TTT is?

When someone fixes psyker powers in Rogue Trader, I will play it and would appreciate a hint on how install mods. i tried to find tutorials but none of them worked.
Since the game was installed via WINE, you can run Unity Mod Manager via WINE and modify the installation. It works quite well. I could easily switch out mods with it and apply patches to the game without error.

Azdul

Magister
Does this run on windows 7? if not pass.
Kingmaker runs on Win 7/8/10/11, Linux and Mac. Wraithfinder dropped Linux. Rogue Trader dropped Win 7 and 8 and Mac.

It's called 'technical progress'.
what are you talking about?
Playing Rogue Trader native on Mac and enjoying it.
I was checking GOG store Web page - and initially Mac version wasn't there. Maybe they've added GOG Mac version later on ?

The game uses the same engine as Kingmaker and Wrath - and Unity can generate native Mac and Linux executable / build. Yet they had not generated Linux one.

I can believe that Windows build works well under Proton / Wine on Linux - as there are thousands of other games using exactly the same Unity version. It's not like Rogue Trader is pushing some technological boundaries.

tindrli

Arcane
im also enjoying the game. it has a LOT of text. A LOT OF!. but its interesting story. the main problem that i have since i never played anything in WH universe is what to choose after level up. and there are dozens of perks and such

ChavaiotH

Novice
im also enjoying the game. it has a LOT of text. A LOT OF!. but its interesting story. the main problem that i have since i never played anything in WH universe is what to choose after level up. and there are dozens of perks and such
The text is extensive and has a very interesting story, it's engaging to read. The choices deeply affect the emotional component when playing the character. But I've decided to follow the dark path of chaos.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Literally who?
Weird that you buried this in the middle of the list.

Not neutral-positive enough?
There's never one interesting tactical battle when there could be three samey ones to grind down your resources.
The other thing that sapped my goodwill is bugs.
If you played Owlcat's previous RPGs at launch, you'll be familiar with the feeling you're playing the worst version of the game. Months down the road there will be expansions that add new companions, a version of the Toy Box mod full of quality-of-life improvements, and a fleet of bug fixes. Given that Kingmaker had an entirely new turn-based combat option patched in after launching with realtime-with-pause combat, it's not impossible that Rogue Trader could get a significant overhaul. Until then, keep the parade on hold.
:dead:

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
If you played Owlcat's previous RPGs at launch, you'll be familiar with the feeling you're playing the worst version of the game. Months down the road there will be expansions that add new companions
I wonder how many users have been hard-conditioned by this point to only buy games a good 1-2 years after the "full" launch. I certainly was.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I wonder how many users have been hard-conditioned by this point to only buy games a good 1-2 years after the "full" launch. I certainly was.
I think the reverse happened too. A lot of users were conditioned to expect a crapload of bugs and then make excuses for it because it would probably be fixed someday down the line.

Especially Kickstarter victims.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
9KuLZVF.png

Steam reviews seem to agree that there're a ton of bugs.

Salah ad-Din

Barely Literate
It’s good and I should probably wait a patched version but don’t have patience.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Didn't you literally use mods to trannify male companions in BG3 and romance them?
Nope. I said I didn't do any romances. I just used AI replacer mods (like the one that got banned for being anti-LGBT) for fun.

I also replaced Wyll with a white man. No doubt you'll accuse me of romancing him too.

Please stay contained in BG3 thread
You're being awfully defensive about Theodora here. Why? Did you have a crush on him in-game?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Well ["she"] dies like 15 mins in.

This was the same cope people used for for the tranny you talk to at first in Wrath of the Tranny.

He didn't die in that though, you just didn't have to deal with him much after that. So, I guess this is somewhat of an improvement. :M

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Well she dies like 15 mins in.
This was the same cope people used for for the tranny you talk to at first in Wrath of the Tranny.

He didn't die in that though, you just didn't have to deal with him much after that. So, I guess this is somewhat of an improvement. :M
She is not a tranny though, her picture (and ingame model) just looks like ass.

The game is guilty, afaict, of two things: Ugly females and Body type instead of sex. Nothing more.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

The game is guilty, afaict, of two things: Ugly females and Body type instead of sex. Nothing more.
Written by the same three-and-a-half man cuck squad that behind Wrath of the Tranny and Cuckmaker.

Yeah, I'm gonna hazard a guess that it's not a coincidence that the women look like men here.

It's been a few days since it's been out. I'll wait a bit longer for whatever LGBT content to get discovered in the text walls they shat into the dialog window this time.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Written by the same three-and-a-half man cuck squad that behind Wrath of the Tranny and Cuckmaker.

Yeah, I'm gonna hazard a guess that it's not a coincidence that the women look like men here.

It's been a few days since it's been out. I'll wait a bit longer for whatever LGBT content to get discovered in the text walls they shat into the dialog window this time.
It's certainly fair to wait, why wouldn't you, but if I would find anything I would be the first to report, there is a reason why I am often in these debates.

Not that I claim that I have missed some more subtle clues, I tend to skip some of the descriptor texts fin between the actual relevant portions for sure.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Having not paid too much attention to this lately, this was just one of the first things to jump out at me. So, by all means, post anything woke you find.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom