Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Released

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
How good is it if you aren't terribly interested in the 40k universe? Basically just from a pure gameplay rather than lore standpoint.

Pure gameplay is... quite poor

Text dumps + annoying companions + basic combat

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
OMG pleeeze let it be Shadowrun. I did like the Harebrained games but they were a bit barebones and an Owlcat Shadowrun would be much more detailed and lush.
Their next thing is a cinematic third person shooter, so are you sure you want that for Shadowrun?

Humanophage

Arcane
This is looking better and better.

Game is looking good, repels all the right people. Will try in 1-2 years.
59924f6d-e5ea-5f33-b815-03f5c6d7756d
6PG9ctL.png

Translation:
"What's the fun of making most of the followers in Rogue Trader non-romanceable? What endgame? What's the idea? Well here's literally the first three companions have no romance preferences. And the rest have restrictions. I don't get it at all. In Pathfinder with this matter somehow was richer, I did not feel the lack of sweet titties and pussies. If anyone wants to see all of them, there is a trailer of companions on YouTube.

I wasn't there, of course, but I assume the studio optimised resources this way. If so, they optimised in the wrong place. UPD they say it's all the fault of the copyright holder."

Last edited:

muckguppy

Prophet
You buy white dwarf magiasyin, shadow of the horned rat splash art. You get Warhammer quest box for Christmas, you never play it with anyon. U get old. You like Warhammer stuff still.

You are 37… you wishlist Warhammer game by Baldur's gate sorta game people

Tonight you die of orgasm

Gundroog

Literate
PC Gamer suggesting that BioWare should've made a Rogue Trader game is wild, lmao. No matter how much someone might dislike Owlcat, we're not in the timeline where BioWare could've made a better game.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does this run on windows 7? if not pass.
Kingmaker runs on Win 7/8/10/11, Linux and Mac. Wraithfinder dropped Linux. Rogue Trader dropped Win 7 and 8 and Mac.

It's called 'technical progress'.

They all run on Linux. They just haven't created a Linux-native version since Kingmaker, which I don't recommend playing by the way. They introduced a save-breaking bug in one of the final patches and never fixed it, so stick to the Windows version in wine/proton.

I ran Kingmaker native on Linux, and it performed perfectly with the exception of a one-time audio bug and a single crash to desktop at HatEoT. Wrath of the Righteous worked fine in WINE until I had my first interaction with Minagho. The cutscene bugged out to a black screen, despite audio functioning. I could even progress the dialogue with the keyboard; however, the game would eventually crash in a manner that resembled a memory leak. Once I switched over to Proton, everything was smooth without any issues. I even modded it with TTT. I expect to run this in Proton as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom