Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember, reguardless of how much you hate gaming journalists, it's not actually enough.
I foresee a Fuckload of planets nuked in his playthrough on account of all that middle ground he's gonna tread on.

I don't think OC has the balls to do that. A large portion of their playerbase are people who play RPGs to get a perfect playthough, "everybody love me" adventure. Remember Kingmaker's Act 4 changes? People will complain 24/7 if they get more than 1 or 2 unpredictable outcomes (and no, "it was obvious for someone who knows anything about 40k" won't work, as many players are coming green). They need a path for the Azata/Mercy Angel, "evil is for edgy incels" players.
Evil is that journo.

Are journalists Tzeentchian or Slaneshi ?
Worse, they're journos.
So Malal

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Remember, reguardless of how much you hate gaming journalists, it's not actually enough.
I foresee a Fuckload of planets nuked in his playthrough on account of all that middle ground he's gonna tread on.

I don't think OC has the balls to do that. A large portion of their playerbase are people who play RPGs to get a perfect playthough, "everybody love me" adventure. Remember Kingmaker's Act 4 changes? People will complain 24/7 if they get more than 1 or 2 unpredictable outcomes (and no, "it was obvious for someone who knows anything about 40k" won't work, as many players are coming green). They need a path for the Azata/Mercy Angel, "evil is for edgy incels" players.
Evil is that journo.

Worse, they're journos.
So Malal

Nah Malal are certain stinkditches, or would that be nurgle ?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Evil is that journo.

Worse, they're journos.
So Malal

Nah Malal are certain stinkditches, or would that be nurgle ?
Nurgle's the dude with hygiene deficiencies

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
With 100 int...

Good fucking luck on that. I recall they stayed pretty faithfully close to the levelling model of the TTRPG and there getting past 70 in a stat takes significant effort.

start int 30 + 10 point char creation + 5 noble + 5 voidworld
= 50

first archtype gets 5 stat boots which are 5 each = 25

finish officer (lvl 15) with 75 int

then there are buffs + equipment so early master tactician (with single buff?) might be able to have around 100 int (as said the fuck I know)
Iirc in the pnp a space marine having more than 30 wounds would be very extreme, a normal human had something like 8-12, someone really bulky could hit 20+ (it cost a decent amount of xp though). I have no idea how close owlcat is sticking to that balance, but if they do you really don't need infinity int to make it good.

lightbane

Arcane
Note that some heavy weapons can do 20+ points of damage in one shot minimum, so having tons of HP is not that big deal. Lascannons IIRC deal 5d10+10 points of damage, while the marine version does 6d10+10, ensuring it will kill most things in one shot.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Note that some heavy weapons can do 20+ points of damage in one shot minimum, so having tons of HP is not that big deal. Lascannons IIRC deal 5d10+10 points of damage, while the marine version does 6d10+10, ensuring it will kill most things in one shot.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Is it possible to use a sword/pistol combo to a good effect in this game? And if so, which class/talents would you recommend?
I don't know shit about this game but arch-militant should gain benefits each time they use different attack type

few things here:
h1eth0n.png

then is it better than focusing on either melee/range stuff I would be skeptical

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Wonder what your suggestion is I do.
If you're a dev?

Require and reward mastery. It's fun. Don't be like Soyer, the ultimate Cali(self)fornicator who imagines that he and his alone are capable of it and that the lower men must be relieved of that burden and sold geegaws to pay his comfortable salary.

His is a failure first and foremost of fraternité, a betrayal of the égalité he espouses, and subtly a repudiation of the liberté he doesn't but should, since only a man who has mastered himself is worthy of it.

No gods no masters no clue

As for you, do the opposite. Have sympathy and comraderie with your brothers, your ancestors, your descendents, your community, your country. Recognize that fear is the base condition of all that moves (nature relentlessly filters out those incapable of it) but that you were not made for the merely base. Seek examples of courage, valor, honor, and renown who have risen above it and emulate them until you're someone that others can emulate in turn.

Oh, and don't smoke weed, let yourself get fucked in the ass, or follow phaggots and harridans who get off on jerking you around.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Their games would be 100% better if the dev team looked like that.
Russian,White Ruthenian and Ukrainian games of early to late 2000s had that passion, bugged to hell even more than Owlcat ever were but man amazing games.

Edit:autocorrect is feeling nasty today it edited bugged to buggered.

Ryzer

Arcane
How many devs are working on this title?

And more importantly, how many DLCs are planned? If it's going to be like Wrath, then pass. Unless they really change their DLC policy and opt for fully-fledged expansions.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The release is fast approaching. How do things look on the bug-front compared to Wrathfinder?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The release is fast approaching. How do things look on the bug-front compared to Wrathfinder?
My prediction:
Act 1 will be fine.
By Act 3 the game will be a broken unfinished mess.
Half the abilities won't work correctly.
Multiple ways to softlock yourself.
Tedious boring banal garbage minigames.

These are pretty much guaranteed with Owlscat.

Shaki

Arbiter
My prediction:
Act 1 will be fine.

So which one wins Codex GOTY, this or BG3?

cpmartins

Cipher
My prediction:
Act 1 will be fine.

So which one wins Codex GOTY, this or BG3?
No contest here. BG3 has trannies. Lots and lots and lots of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom