Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
premium pack+
The set of 3 Exclusive (for the pre-order only) In-Game Items. First is the powerful Negotiator Pistol, which decreases the effectiveness of the target's armor and grants a passive bonus to the Persuasion skill.The second is the exquisite Digital Las-Ring fitted with a potent short-range las emitter capable of striking several targets in a row. And the third is the Xeno-Pelt Cloak, a trademark garment of any respectable Rogue Trader. This item reduces the chances of suffering especially devastating hits and grants a passive bonus to the Coercion skill.

getting good items from paying extra is major decline

Californication marches on. No honor, no shame.

Robber Baron

Savant
ET-TU-OWLCAT.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Sometimes I encounter people who don't even know what the Angry Mahrines are. These newfangled zoomer 40k fans, smh.

While I shake my head in disgust, they tell me to leave their restaurant and that I sound like a lunatic.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
If this wasn't owlcat we would probably spam WH40000 AMV. But considering who is making it, we would have to talk about bugs, and it wouldn't be talk about Tyranids.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sometimes I encounter people who don't even know what the Angry Mahrines are. These newfangled zoomer 40k fans, smh.

While I shake my head in disgust, they tell me to leave their restaurant and that I sound like a lunatic.
Angry Marines is absolutely 100% what I will run with if I ever run spends mehreens.
More likely to field the guardsman version though.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Spent around 5-6 hours reading all class abilities, origins, talents and shit so I can figure out builds for release. I want to go in relatively blind other than checking companions classes + other mechanical info so Im not totally fucked doing first playthrough on unfair difficulty.

The most promising combo I found was pretty simple

NkQspgE.png

With 100 int for example spending 2 AP you can 1 shot anything (without save?) in area with 80 wounds or less and scales nicely the more int u can pump. Just need any random aoe spell with duration or maybe long lasting grenade and enemies die as they run past the designated area. Also makes finishing beefier targets easy (maybe the fuck I know).

Anyway probably going to go with officer -> grand strategist with voidborn + noble, might swap noble to something after I see all psyker related stuff. can just pump int which has the most skills anyway and ignore fellowship

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
If this wasn't owlcat we would probably spam WH40000 AMV. But considering who is making it, we would have to talk about bugs, and it wouldn't be talk about Tyranids.
While Kingmaker was bad, I played Wrath on release and it was comparably or less buggy than anything from Bethesda or pretty much any modern AAA rpg. Like BG3 was in EA for years and still has bugs.
And most of the so called bugs are autists whining about loaded dice rolls, unfair being unfair or some obscure spell/feat/class combos giving 3% less dps than what the table from that one book they bought in the '90s says it should be.
Then again, people are still talking about how bad Cyberpunk was, and I completed it on release, had 3 crashes in ~120 hours and zero broken quests, saw the bending palms once and that was the only meme event I actually experienced. Not that I'm touching anything from those polacks ever again.

Vatnik Wumao
can just pump int which has the most skills anyway and ignore fellowship
That works well with a forge world background since it ties persuasion skills to INT rather than FEL if you care about that. That's what I'll prolly go for on my first playthrough personally.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's a good bet that this will be Owlcat's least buggy release yet.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
premium pack+
The set of 3 Exclusive (for the pre-order only) In-Game Items. First is the powerful Negotiator Pistol, which decreases the effectiveness of the target's armor and grants a passive bonus to the Persuasion skill.The second is the exquisite Digital Las-Ring fitted with a potent short-range las emitter capable of striking several targets in a row. And the third is the Xeno-Pelt Cloak, a trademark garment of any respectable Rogue Trader. This item reduces the chances of suffering especially devastating hits and grants a passive bonus to the Coercion skill.

getting good items from paying extra is major decline

Californication marches on. No honor, no shame.

Where Empathy and decency hold no sway, Fear will be necessary, unfortunately we have become too soft, too kind, too focused on apperances as upper class likes instead of will to triumph of the lower classer, and i will stop my Strasserism here as we arent on 4chan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom