Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
shitty final act confirmed

again, for the third time straight

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I am 100% sure it's going to be a buggy mess at launch but I'm also far too excited and impatient to wait so I will be there on day 1 running into the brick wall of gamebreaking bugs again and again. :bounce:
I did that with both Pathfinders and paid a premium for the privilege. I think I'll let you guys jump on this grenade and check it out in early 2025 or so.

A lot of us already did that with the beta. In my experience it has been way less buggy than the Pathfinder games, perhaps because of the less complex (?) build system.

Maybe Owlcat is improving. But there are still hilarious bugs like characters talking in Russian during cutscenes.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am 100% sure it's going to be a buggy mess at launch but I'm also far too excited and impatient to wait so I will be there on day 1 running into the brick wall of gamebreaking bugs again and again. :bounce:
I did that with both Pathfinders and paid a premium for the privilege. I think I'll let you guys jump on this grenade and check it out in early 2025 or so.

A lot of us already did that with the beta. In my experience it has been way less buggy than the Pathfinder games, perhaps because of the less complex (?) build system.
Probably. I mean, Pathfinder not only has a fuckton of classes that they tried to implement, but also so many weird edge case abilities and rule exceptions that trying to design a coherent CRPG out of it seems miserable unless you want to start streamlining things.

I hope this next game is cool. I really like the Pathfinder ones, just don't mind waiting on 40k, especially since most Warhammer video games are ass or mediocre at best.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

ArchAngel

Arcane
Praise Owlcat, they're rushing to release the game in 2023, and save us from BG3/Space Skyrim as Codex GOTY :greatjob:
I fear Codex is already fallen enough that BG3 is still going to win, especially if Rogue Trade will also have out of place woke shit.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Will the new monetization of unity hurts this game? Or other owlcat games? Also, any chance that Larian will license their engine?

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I got different impression from my reading this morning. But there has been several updates to the articles talking about this as well
I got the impression that it's retroactive in the sense that it applies to games released before next year, but it only starts counting installs made since January 1st 2024. But who knows how deep their depth of jewery goes. Anyhow it's always better to get a game out for christmas season rather than january.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
PF and Wrath both had vaporware where a lot of the basic functionality was supposed to be. That's neither bugs nor complexity, it's a dev bottleneck.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Imagine Owlcat actually learns?

Act I: more combat, less writing.
Act II: equal parts combat and writing.
Act III: less, but more meaningful combat, more writing.

Imagine both BG III *and* Starbore lose to Owlcat?
Oh my heart...

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
It's romance presented

Imagine Owlcat actually learns?

Act I: more combat, less writing.
Act II: equal parts combat and writing.
Act III: less, but more meaningful combat, more writing.

Imagine both BG III *and* Starbore lose to Owlcat?
Oh my heart...
It isn't a question .. THEY WILL lose to Owlcat!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I didn't think they would make the space marine take up more space in combat, but it does make sense.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I wonder if they've decided to push forward the full release to avoid the brunt of the new Unity fees coming in 2024?

the unity thing is retroactive

unity always had an install tracker even before 2024, that's how they gonna determine the "install number"
From everything I read they explicitly don't have this kind of tracker for various reasons and going to just guess how many installs are there, which is why its such an insane preposition to make, just trust me bros we will guess right

scytheavatar

Scholar
Will the new monetization of unity hurts this game? Or other owlcat games? Also, any chance that Larian will license their engine?

Sven got asked this question before, basically Larian would have to be transformed into a company that babysits other devs if they license out their engine and that's not a direction he is interested in going. You think they are too big now with 450 employees, well they will need to become a 1000 employee company if they are serious about licensing their engine.

That said Unity is obviously a sinking ship, and Owlcat would need to start coming out with a plan to migrate away to another engine for their future games. The problems with Unity goes beyond them trying to make more money.

lightbane

Arcane
I didn't think they would make the space marine take up more space in combat, but it does make sense.
Funny that in the PNP game, Marines are easier to hit due their size, but the Black Caparace implant negates that bonus because they're superhumanly fast or something.
Everyone else prefers using lighter power armors that do not increase your size.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom