Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Want more classic fallout games to be made? Want engine source?

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
I'm building a game engine for the creation of new classic style fallouts from scratch. The game part of the games.
This is not a simulator. Nor is it for loading existing assets. It's for making new games.

It's like a mini-kernel for all the games. The game part. There will be a playable demo. It will be enjoyed.

My design decisions make absolute sense. I'll let you know if I left something out that could matter. Source code will be available. Nostalgic losers can add back what they miss.

Q & A:

Q: When will it be finished?
A: 3 to 4 months max. However I hate this fucking project and there's no motivation to work on it.

Q: Proof not entirely vaporware?
A: See attachment.

Q: How much have you done?
A: 30% in under a week. I'm burnt the fuck out though.

Q: Why even do this?
A: All other projects are shit or move too slow. Otherwise they're too interested in direct asset support. Or are clusterfuckers with or without online play. Some are even closed source.

Q: Why not make your own game?
A: Most people want these games. These games are fish in a barrel. I have, I did, I don't care too again.

redactir

Prosperium update when?

When I did this project I actually learned a lot about how to easily stack modifiers. The major snag that slowed down Prosperius Redaxium development will be easier to overcome.
However the same IRL issue will prevent my updating that game anytime soon.

I am only working on a single project atm.

redactir

Good news men, things are looking up again. Project will only be delayed till December 1st.

redactir

ok here's the source. i'm too busy to continue working on it.

the comments/annotations are my own and aren't necessarily high quality.

i'll answer questions but don't inform me about spelling mistakes or annoying formatting.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pia8p7

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
ok here's the source. i'm too busy to continue working on it.

the comments/annotations are my own and aren't necessarily high quality.

i'll answer questions but don't inform me about spelling mistakes or annoying formatting.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pia8p7

Sorry, the file you requested is not available.

This file has been deleted and it cannot be restored.
Please contact the sender and ask them to upload the file again.

redactir

i'll see if i still have a copy next time i'm on my linux machine.

J1M

Arcane
Maybe next time instead of building 2% of an engine, you should take an existing open source engine, like Godot, and release open source code that can be used as the foundation of a game.
eg. add grid movement, RPG stats, conversation trees, etc.

redactir

Maybe next time instead of building 2% of an engine, you should take an existing open source engine, like Godot, and release open source code that can be used as the foundation of a game.
eg. add grid movement, RPG stats, conversation trees, etc.
"you should take an existing open source engine, like Godot,"
This is precisely some else's problem.

re-read the OP

redactir

I cracked open my archives and unfortunately I no longer have a backup of the damn code. not one of you assholes have a copy? no one thought hey this might be worth hanging onto for a while? I didn't thinnk the sendspace would dry up but it seems they have a habit of doing that no matter what. Sad.

I put so much damn work into laying out how stat modifiers work. I had all the damn things a person could want to get to the point of a god damn ideal replica of all that is good. From fo1, to tactics, to fonline. the fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom