Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Struggling through eden*. 4 hours in the game. Feels very cheesy. I love the art and voice acting though.

Rpgsaurus Rex

You forgot to say that you must read them all in moonspeak, too. Pfft, amateurs.

Nonsensical reply, as both lists i linked are filtered for english-translated games. I'm simply saying VNDB's categories are absolutely excellent, and a newcomer can easily follow the lists in order to experience the very best of english-translated VNs without confusion.

1233824085235.gif

Ayreos

Augur
It's because you imply something that is brought out by your own sense of inadequacy and has no actual pertinence to what i was saying.

Rpgsaurus Rex

It's because you imply something that is brought out by your own sense of inadequacy and has no actual pertinence to what i was saying.

Or rather your head is stuck too far up your own arse to understand what the other person is trying to say.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, is it me or eden* is overrated?

Too bored, dat love story and useless dialogues with zero to none food for thought.

Red Eye

Learned
Eden is too short to be full priced anyway.

And I don't think it was full priced in Japan.

Gerrard

Arcane
So how is your ADHD the VN's fault again.

But isn't it vital for a VN to be deep inside?
>VN
>deep
:nocountryforshitposters:

E: it was around 6K Yen on release, so considering regular prices of eroge you could say it wasn't full-price.

Last edited:
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Holy shit, Majikoi, I've been waiting since forever to check it out. Actually expected it never to come out.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, translation was first picked up in 2009, so...

Black Cyc games are certainly at least uh... unique (ref: GSS opening), but I'd say that this game hasn't been translated for a good reason. It basically has only one good route, the others are not so interesting. But at least there are inventive and deviant sex scenes?

But when 99% of VNs are derivative drivel, I guess GSS at least stands apart.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Has anyone read Dies Irae? I'm looking for something like Fate (fantasy, likeable characters, nonedgy protags). Is it actually good and worth perservering through?

Actually looking for general recommendations in similar vein.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Eye

Learned
Has anyone read Dies Irae? I'm looking for something like Fate (fantasy, likeable characters, nonedgy protags). Is it actually good and worth perservering through?

Can you read Japanese?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Can you read Japanese?

Yes, well, somewhat. Something at FSN level is mostly maneagable. I had no major issues with the DI prologue, at least. Slowly but steadily. Not a big fan of the convoluted style so far but if the payoff (character-wise) is worth it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So I finished Muv-Luv. Extra, unlimited, alternative. Now I have PTSD.

I'm not surprised Age has been milking this for all its worth for the past 10+ years.
So is it awesome? I'm still at only first route in MUV-LUV, I need to finish two other, then go to unlimited.

Red Eye

Learned
I've heard that Marimo likes to give head to betas

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom