Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victoria 2 is coming!

Raapys

Arcane
This is great news.

Ladonna

Arcane
Great stuff! I am guessing the major powers for the grand campaign will be

Britain
France
Russia
Austria
Ottomans
Prussia
Belgium
Sweden

(Sweden is an obligatory Paradox world power. Are they somehow represented in their Rome game? Also, I wonder how overpowered they will be this time ;) )

Erzherzog

Magister
..Belgium?

If we're going for a Great Powers list, I would replace Belgium with the USA.

Even though it doesn't fit with the typical other powers, the USA still competed with spheres of influence against Great Britain, Mexico, and Spain.

But what I'm hoping for is that the "Great Powers" are fluid.

In a significant amount of my Vicky 1 games, Spain secured a strong spot. I've also seen Sweden and the Ottoman Empire fall out quite frequently. Countries like Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain and Italy should be able to compete for Great Power billing and should receive the bonuses Great Powers get.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Great Powers must be fluid, does not make any sense otherwise. Starting USA as a major power is debatable and doesn't really matter that much.

Anyway, hopefully this means that the core team is designing Vicky2 now while beta-testers along with a programmer keep patching HoI3. Devs have a wonderful job of naming the 10,000 provinces that Clausewitz-engine provides. They can get populations and factories from Vicky1 but they still need tuning.

Anyway, great news.

kris

Arcane
Ladonna said:
Great stuff! I am guessing the major powers for the grand campaign will be

Britain
France
Russia
Austria
Ottomans
Prussia
Belgium
Sweden

(Sweden is an obligatory Paradox world power. Are they somehow represented in their Rome game? Also, I wonder how overpowered they will be this time ;) )

Sweden only been good in the EU games and possibly overpowered in them due to provinces giving to much income.

In victoria I think Sweden been about right as weak as they should and in Hoi we actually been underpowered.

I would add the dutch or spain to that llist instead. possibly piedmont.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom